Clemson Game

Advertisement
Their OL is still relatively inexperienced as a unit. They have played some minutes but they are not cohesive. Some of our Blitzes could catch them by surprise but I expect Dabo to establish the run to set up the pass.

Pertaining to their Defense we have to attack their secondary and hope our WRs can be more consistent.

85857629-9889-475C-9FEB-521B48B914F3.jpeg

🎥 LETS TAKE IT TO CLEMSON, UM ONE TEAM ONE HEARTBEAT ONE FAMILY THE U 🙌🏿

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we will score some points in the game, but to win we would have to win or break even in the turnover battle, make them drive the ball (no long tds), and hope to keep them kicking fgs in the red zone when they do get there. Also we will need to win the field position battle and not take to many penalties.

Are we capable? Yes, but it’s going to be very hard.

Advertisement
We need to fit the run better on defense. And have a great pass rush. If you give Trevor Lawrence time, he'll pick you apart. That kid can make NFL throws when he's comfortable, so you have to rattle him and get in his head.

I give us about a 20% chance of winning. Not impossible, but we need everyone to play their best game and show up ready to go.

This might be the best football team Miami has played since the 80's. So every single one of our players on both sides of the ball has to be 100% on their game for these entire two weeks.

North Carolina gave them all they could handle last year. It's only one game. We can beat them but have to play well in all phases.

We need to tighten up on tackling, those lazy efforts of not wrapping up Etienne will turn into house calls. They play aggressive on Defense so their will be 1 on 1 opprotunities with their corners, and they have replaced some guys in secondary, their corners can be tested but do we have WR who can actually make them pay for leaving on island..

Advertisement
Advertisement
They have better HC and DC, and number one pick in draft at QB. Dline will need to introduce Lawrence to pain and offense will need to score and keep scoring to keep them from just running the ball. The only possible coaching advantage is at OC but our Dline can magnify that edge with putting lids on Lawrence early and often. On our side, we have the QB we have been missing since Berlin. We need him to be frigging Bernie this game. Then the rest of players need to be better than the man across from them to cover the coaching.

We need to fit the run better on defense. And have a great pass rush. If you give Trevor Lawrence time, he'll pick you apart. That kid can make NFL throws when he's comfortable, so you have to rattle him and get in his head.

I give us about a 20% chance of winning. Not impossible, but we need everyone to play their best game and show up ready to go.

This might be the best football team Miami has played since the 80's. So every single one of our players on both sides of the ball has to be 100% on their game for these entire two weeks.
This might be our only chance to dream this year. This is a game that all by itself put us back in the frigging big game. I've been beaten into being negative beyond bearing so I will stay up this week and believe. One game, one game brought The U from nothing to the beast that took over the world. There was not frigging way we were beating NE that night. They were the greatest team of all time. That win was much bigger upset than beating Clemson would be. Yeah we had more speed but they came back not once but twice in that game. The difference was Kosar. He just didn't care what they did, he went out and got another lead.

This is our new QB's moment to make that sort of history. I'm going to believe he can make the difference. National prime time game against number one in their house. The stage for drama is set. He is undefeated as a Cane. He is cool under pressure. He has arm and legs. We don't have team as good as those JJ teams or the ones he and Butch left for other coaches, but it could be as good as the one the night in the OB if he can be Kosar. Okay, we don't have a TD Eddie Brown but we have a great TE and Kosar hurt NE with the TE. Put helmets on Lawrence and point on the broad and see what happens. I would like it in the Rock -- it proved it could bring back the ghosts of the great OB a couple years ago against ND, but Death Valley is a fine place to drive nails into Clemson's casket. Manny is not Howard but if King can be Kosar, Manny will look like him for a few hours.

Last edited:
This might be our only change to dream this year. This is a game that all by itself put us back in the frigging big game. I've been beaten into being negative beyond bearing so I will stay up this week and believe. One game, one game brought The U from nothing to the beast that took over the world. There was not frigging way we were beating NE that night. They were the greatest team of all time. That win was much bigger upset than beating Clemson would be. Yeah we had more speed but they came back not once but twice in that game. The difference was Kosar. He just didn't care what they did, he went out and got another lead.

This is our new QB's moment to make that sort of history. I'm going to believe he can make the difference. National prime time game against number one in their house. The stage for drama is set. He is undefeated as a Cane. He is cool under pressure. He has arm and legs. We don't have team as good as those JJ teams or the ones he and Butch left for other coaches, but it could be as good as the one the night in the OB if he can be Kosar. Okay, we don't have a TD Eddie Brown but we have a great TE and Kosar hurt NE with the TE. Put helmets on Lawrence and point on the broad and see what happens. I would like it in the Rock -- it proved it could bring back the ghosts of the great OB a couple years ago against ND, but Death Valley is a fine place to drive nails into Clemson's casket. Manny is not Howard but if King can be Kosar, Manny will look like him for a few hours.

Good post. Like that game against Nebraska, this Clemson game is a huge opportunity. It's our chance to put this team back on the map. These players have a chance to go down in history and show the entire world who they are and what they can do.

Our players NEED to be dialed in. Not just on gameday, but for these entire two weeks leading up to it. They need to eat, sleep, and breathe football for two weeks. Because we can't afford a single mistake from anybody - no dropped passes, no missed assignments, no mental lapses.

We need to come out fast and aggressive and confident, come out attacking from bell to whistle, and then we have a shot.

I rag on South Florida kids a lot but I'll say this.... when they're rolling, I never bet against them. We have a lot of talent on this team. We have a lot of guys who will have long careers in the league. We need those guys especially to step up and take the prize on that day.

These kids have a great chance for glory. They need to take it. Clemson is on top of the football world - if we want that for ourselves, we need to smash their faces in and take the mantle from them. There can be only one team at the top. To be the best, you have to beat the best. No sleep, no mercy.

Advertisement
Back