Clemson Game Stadium Experience

My estimations have been based on my own "eyeballing" as well. There were certainly less for Clemson than there were for TAMU and Ga Tech.

My mental picture is different. You may be right, I don’t know. Just seemed to be similar, and I thought GT was less than both. But again I have no way of documenting it, maybe someone can find an attendance comparison.

Advertisement
ESPN moved the attendance numbers from their "box score" tab to their "team stats" tab, for anyone else interested.

Advertisement
Good stuff. Thanks for that.

I think I estimated 7K less for Clemson versus the Ga Tech game. 10K less per ESPN is not surprising to me.

What's most interesting to me was the difference in noise level. The Clemson game was way louder and Clemson brought about 3-4K fans.
I agree with those estimations. Clemson also had their band there too. Atmosphere was much better overall, especially in those key moments late in the 4th/OT. I was watching the game the next day and you can see the camera moving a little too.

I wrote this thread about the horrible Ga Tech game experience. The Clemson game experience had some improvement, so I thought I would note it here.

Please note that there were probably 5K - 7K LESS people at the Clemson game than the Ga Tech game, yet the crowd was so much louder and more into the game. Here's how the stadium "entertainment" went:

• First quarter.
    • There were no in-game distractions in the first quarter.
    • See box score below for the result of first quarter. Canes 7 - Clemson 0
  • Between 1st & 2nd quarter they had a student come down and kick a field goal for a $1,000 scholarship.
  • Second Quarter:
    • DJ played until 15 seconds on the play clock - Clemson ball.
    • Trivia Challenge on the big screen.
    • Military combat veteran salute right after Kinchens interception, completely deflating the crowd momentarily.
    • See the box score below for the result of the 2nd quarter: Clemson 7 - Canes 0
  • 3rd quarter:
    • Played the shell game on the big screen.
    • The MC gal came on and babbled about something.
    • See the result of the 3rd quarter below. Clemson 10- Canes 0
  • 4th Quarter:
    • After the Canes TD in the 4th quarter, the DJ did his pick the song thing on the big screen.
    • After both Canes scores, the DJ played until Borregales kicked off. On both occasions you could tell Borregales was waiting for the DJ to stop playing. On each occasion he looked at the play clock, saw that it was in single digits and rushed his kick offs. Once again, the DJ is disrupting the game. Can you imagine the Canes getting a delay of game call on a kickoff because of the DJ? It almost happened TWICE.

All in all the in-game entertainment was better, but still needs improvement. They kept the in-game distractions to the 2nd and 3rd quarters. And look at the scores for those quarters. Linear!

I think I figured out why the DJ is so obnoxious. He wants to be on TV. Everyone in the stadium can see the TV commercial countdown clock. The DJ continually plays well after the game comes back from commercial. Something still needs to be done about this.

1234OTT
CLEM07100320
MIA700101128
The reason the crowd was louder is cause the game was more watchable.
Even though we were running more, we were moving the ball better.
If the gt game wasn’t such a dud that Clemson game would’ve been ND 2017 bananas.
That Dj has to go.

The reason the crowd was louder is cause the game was more watchable.
Even though we were running more, we were moving the ball better.
If the gt game wasn’t such a dud that Clemson game would’ve been ND 2017 bananas.
That Dj has to go.

I do not share your opinion that the game itself was the difference. The crowd for the Ga Tech game was dead from the start. That cancer video played in the mid first quarter and that completely took the crowd out of it.

I totally agree that the Clemson game would've been on the level of ND-2017 had we not screwed the pooch against Ga Tech. (BTW - That's such a bizarre old expression that sounds way creepier when typing it out versus just saying it - lol)

Something else I should note about the game experience. In-game interruptions related to Hurricane football history seem to have the opposite effect than the social stuff. When they honor former players and show their old highlights on the big screens, it fires the crowd up in a football kind of way.

Advertisement
My estimations have been based on my own "eyeballing" as well. There were certainly less for Clemson than there were for TAMU and Ga Tech.

TYFYS good sir!

So as far as actual butts in the seats go, does this sound about right (kinda been keeping up with estimates posted in the game threads). Anyone else free to weigh in

JV Miami: 40k

Bethune Wildcats: 22K

A2M: 45k

GT: 45k

Clemson: 40k

What is the actual JRS capacity for UM games?

ESPN moved the attendance numbers from their "box score" tab to their "team stats" tab, for anyone else interested.

Your eyeballswork better than mine. I’ve got some pictures, I don’t even know if there’s any reason to post them now since we have some actual data look at. But based on where I sit it looked pretty close, but the numbers are the numbers.

I do not share your opinion that the game itself was the difference. The crowd for the Ga Tech game was dead from the start. That cancer video played in the mid first quarter and that completely took the crowd out of it.

I totally agree that the Clemson game would've been on the level of ND-2017 had we not screwed the pooch against Ga Tech. (BTW - That's such a bizarre old expression that sounds way creepier when typing it out versus just saying it - lol)

I think that phrase was popularized by the movie The Right Stuff. I think it’s some kind of an aviator phrase, that was around before the movie or the book.

Advertisement
ATM

IMG_3081.jpeg

GT

IMG_3082.jpeg

Clempsen

IMG_3080.jpeg

All slightly different angles, and the first picture was taken and I think in the third quarter of the ATM game. This does not prove anything but I guess for me it was just perception. Anyway, the best that we have is that post 17 with the ESPN numbers.

My mental picture is different. You may be right, I don’t know. Just seemed to be similar, and I thought GT was less than both. But again I have no way of documenting it, maybe someone can find an attendance comparison.

49k for A&M, 58k for Ga Tech and Clemson 48k. Not surprise about Ga Tech cause it was a Sat night game and there was a lot of excitement among the fanbase.

TYFYS good sir!

So as far as actual butts in the seats go, does this sound about right (kinda been keeping up with estimates posted in the game threads). Anyone else free to weigh in

JV Miami: 40k

Bethune Wildcats: 22K

A2M: 45k

GT: 45k

Clemson: 40k

What is the actual JRS capacity for UM games?

I don't think the clemson numbers are right. Theres no way the clemson game had the same crowd numbers as the Miami Ohio game.

Advertisement
I think I estimated 7K less for Clemson versus the Ga Tech game. 10K less per ESPN is not surprising to me.

What's most interesting to me was the difference in noise level. The Clemson game was way louder and Clemson brought about 3-4K fans.

How many did A&M bring?

Guessing GT and JV Miami probably just had a couple hundred each

I wasn’t there to judge so my opinion is probably useless but on television Clemson looked more crowded than A&M (I was at A&M)

Maybe it was because we finally prioritized the lower bowl and one section of upper? I can dream I guess

I wrote this thread about the horrible Ga Tech game experience. The Clemson game experience had some improvement, so I thought I would note it here.

Please note that there were probably 5K - 7K LESS people at the Clemson game than the Ga Tech game, yet the crowd was so much louder and more into the game. Here's how the stadium "entertainment" went:

• First quarter.
    • There were no in-game distractions in the first quarter.
    • See box score below for the result of first quarter. Canes 7 - Clemson 0
  • Between 1st & 2nd quarter they had a student come down and kick a field goal for a $1,000 scholarship.
  • Second Quarter:
    • DJ played until 15 seconds on the play clock - Clemson ball.
    • Trivia Challenge on the big screen.
    • Military combat veteran salute right after Kinchens interception, completely deflating the crowd momentarily.
    • See the box score below for the result of the 2nd quarter: Clemson 7 - Canes 0
  • 3rd quarter:
    • Played the shell game on the big screen.
    • The MC gal came on and babbled about something.
    • See the result of the 3rd quarter below. Clemson 10- Canes 0
  • 4th Quarter:
    • After the Canes TD in the 4th quarter, the DJ did his pick the song thing on the big screen.
    • After both Canes scores, the DJ played until Borregales kicked off. On both occasions you could tell Borregales was waiting for the DJ to stop playing. On each occasion he looked at the play clock, saw that it was in single digits and rushed his kick offs. Once again, the DJ is disrupting the game. Can you imagine the Canes getting a delay of game call on a kickoff because of the DJ? It almost happened TWICE.

All in all the in-game entertainment was better, but still needs improvement. They kept the in-game distractions to the 2nd and 3rd quarters. And look at the scores for those quarters. Linear!

I think I figured out why the DJ is so obnoxious. He wants to be on TV. Everyone in the stadium can see the TV commercial countdown clock. The DJ continually plays well after the game comes back from commercial. Something still needs to be done about this.

1234OTT
CLEM07100320
MIA700101128
DJ should of been fired after Georgia tech. He was blasting music during one of our snaps in the red zone. I think it caused a false start or a bad snap. I don't remember. . I've been filling out the surveys and complaining about the DJ during game play. I Doubt it helps.

Advertisement
Back