Clemson Football Center

Advertisement
What Clemson is building is nice but it can't touch what UM is building (yes I drinking the Orange & Green Kool-Aid).

[video=youtube_share;muA26GDApU0]https://youtu.be/muA26GDApU0[/video]
As a fan I'm going to agree with you. We don't have anywhere near the amount of cash that they have but we have the superior brand and history.

As a recruit I would probably laugh at you while playing Golf in the new Clemson facility.

Clemson University has an endowment of $646 million.

University of Miami has an endowment of $887 million.

I think you are getting your stereotypes mixed up; these guys are the suburban racists.

so now any school in the south that is better than Miami at the moment is racist?

Nah, there are plenty of schools that Miami is better than that are racist :wink:

Seriously though, I was making fun of him saying Clemson is a farm school; if you are going to use stereotypes, at least use the right ones.

Let's just give Kirby Hockutt and his cronies props for designing the worst 4 team playoff possible. A team that didn't even win its conference then they add to their mistake by selecting a team that was annihilated at home by USC who lost 52-6 to Alabama.

Kirby knows how to pick head coaches and he sure knows how to pick the most boring bowl games in history.

Advertisement
What there building at Clemson is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully we can actually start building our within the next few months

If you are counting on Maine and his fundraising prowess keep in mind he is still busy begging teams to slot the 2017 schedule. As of right now we are only playing the in conference schedule but the ADs have already told him he is last on the list for scheduling. As a result look for 3 more road Thursday night games after playing the previous Saturday night..

All of that and not one room dedicated to the academics needed to keep those players eligible... Just the parent in me.

What Clemson is building is nice but it can't touch what UM is building (yes I drinking the Orange & Green Kool-Aid).

[video=youtube_share;muA26GDApU0]https://youtu.be/muA26GDApU0[/video]
As a fan I'm going to agree with you. We don't have anywhere near the amount of cash that they have but we have the superior brand and history.

As a recruit I would probably laugh at you while playing Golf in the new Clemson facility.

Clemson University has an endowment of $646 million.

University of Miami has an endowment of $887 million.

You are comparing the universities' general endowments; there are usually very specific rules within the endowment on what it can be spent on it. Money spent on sports usually comes from things like ticket sales, tv revenue share and sports specific donations. I have no idea how Miami compares to Clemson in those areas (revenue share should be the same), but using the general endowment is not a fair comparison.

Let's just give Kirby Hockutt and his cronies props for designing the worst 4 team playoff possible. A team that didn't even win its conference then they add to their mistake by selecting a team that was annihilated at home by USC who lost 52-6 to Alabama.

Kirby knows how to pick head coaches and he sure knows how to pick the most boring bowl games in history.

USC clearly improved as the year went on, but that aside, who would have been your picks for the playoffs? I am going to assume that you were good with Alabama and Clemson; who should the other two teams have been?

Advertisement
Remind me why an article about a Clemson football facility is being posted on a Miami board? Is it just to point out how cheap our admin is (which everybody realized already.)

if I was a 17/18 year old from the hood, I would be a like a kid in a candy store walking through that thing....that will give them a huge advantage in recruiting like it or not.

Dabo up.

also i'm not gonna hate on Clemson. them being on top, means that FSU isn't which is a good thing in my book.

Advertisement

USC clearly improved as the year went on, but that aside, who would have been your picks for them playoffs? I am going to assume that you were good with Alabama and Clemson; who should the other two teams have been?

Well by that analogy when did Penn State lose after beating Meyer? The first easy pick is Penn State and before you say that they had 2 lossses LSU won the title with 2 losses. So OSU gets to stay home then gets demolished by Clemson while Penn State has to play a tough Wisconsin team makes sense to me. Yet Urban Meyer gets to eat popcorn and watch the game on his 60" Sony. If I say the other is Michigan then that is contracdictory to my first point so,go with another conference champion. if the conference championships means nothing do away with them. Does Clemson care they won the ACC? Only reason to have them is higher seeds for the playoff.

Otherwise again do away with them and add 8 teams so Urban Meyer doesnt have another heart condition and bolt for Notre Dame!

USC clearly improved as the year went on, but that aside, who would have been your picks for them playoffs? I am going to assume that you were good with Alabama and Clemson; who should the other two teams have been?

Well by that analogy when did Penn State lose after beating Meyer? The first easy pick is Penn State and before you say that they had 2 lossses LSU won the title with 2 losses. So OSU gets to stay home then gets demolished by Clemson while Penn State has to play a tough Wisconsin team makes sense to me. Yet Urban Meyer gets to eat popcorn and watch the game on his 60" Sony. If I say the other is Michigan then that is contracdictory to my first point so,go with another conference champion. if the conference championships means nothing do away with them. Does Clemson care they won the ACC? Only reason to have them is higher seeds for the playoff.

Otherwise again do away with them and add 8 teams so Urban Meyer doesnt have another heart condition and bolt for Notre Dame!

Not that I disagree with what you just wrote, but I think it shows that there is no easy/good answer. Aside from Alabama and Clemson, there wasn't an easy choice. 'Another conference champion' - they already had the SEC, ACC and Pac-10 champions and since the other conference champion was to replace the quagmire that was the Big 10, that leaves the Big 12 Champion Oklahoma... who was demolished by Ohio State.

Again, I will argue that this year with 4 spots, there was no 'right' answer for the 3rd and 4th spot.

And the conference champion has definitely become somewhat of a farce, but they make too much money, so they are not going anywhere.

Not that I disagree with what you just wrote, but I think it shows that there is no easy/good answer. Aside from Alabama and Clemson, there wasn't an easy choice. 'Another conference champion' - they already had the SEC, ACC and Pac-10 champions and since the other conference champion was to replace the quagmire that was the Big 10, that leaves the Big 12 Champion Oklahoma... who was demolished by Ohio State.

Again, I will argue that this year with 4 spots, there was no 'right' answer for the 3rd and 4th spot.

And the conference champion has definitely become somewhat of a farce, but they make too much money, so they are not going anywhere.

I will say as long as we have conference title games never ever do I want someone who doesn't win their own conference playing in a 4 team playoff. I really don't have a problem with Washington other than their conference title game was against Colorado.

Otherwise you can makeup for lost revenue in the conference title games by extending the playoff to 8 games. Do it then a non-conference winner can play. Otherwise it is a joke.

Advertisement

I watched it.

Where they all park their tractors?

I think you are getting your stereotypes mixed up; these guys are the suburban racists.

so now any school in the south that is better than Miami at the moment is racist?

Nah, there are plenty of schools that Miami is better than that are racist :wink:

Seriously though, I was making fun of him saying Clemson is a farm school; if you are going to use stereotypes, at least use the right ones.

For God's sake! If you're going to make fun of me - don't half-*** around!

That was pitiful!

(What kind of tractor you got?)

I watched it.

Where they all park their tractors?

For God's sake! If you're going to make fun of me - don't half-*** around!

That was pitiful!

(What kind of tractor you got?)

Clemson is a farm school, it's a major agricultural school. FFA (Future Farmers of America) consistently promotes Clemson in South Carolina. Clemson also long ago use to be called Clemson A&M (Clemson Agricultural and Military). They park their tractors on the 1000s of acres they own and walk that country mile to the bonfire.

Advertisement
Back