Clemson Football Center

What Clemson is building is nice but it can't touch what UM is building (yes I drinking the Orange & Green Kool-Aid).

[video=youtube_share;muA26GDApU0]https://youtu.be/muA26GDApU0[/video]
As a fan I'm going to agree with you. We don't have anywhere near the amount of cash that they have but we have the superior brand and history.

As a recruit I would probably laugh at you while playing Golf in the new Clemson facility.

Clemson University has an endowment of $646 million.

University of Miami has an endowment of $887 million.

You are comparing the universities' general endowments; there are usually very specific rules within the endowment on what it can be spent on it. Money spent on sports usually comes from things like ticket sales, tv revenue share and sports specific donations. I have no idea how Miami compares to Clemson in those areas (revenue share should be the same), but using the general endowment is not a fair comparison.

Because Miami is lame af and spends money on the football program like a Homeless with a fresh pack of smokes and a cold 40 has no bearing on which school has more money.

Advertisement
So, I'm supposed to be shocked that a program that has a booster base that outright buys kids has enough money left over to build superior facilities....Clemson has a larger donor pool, that entire region is all about their program, and as we've all seen, it's the schools out in the boonies that have to overly rely on facilities. Miami needs to have competitive stuff, because they can sell living in a real city alongside having a good place to workout and heal.

By the way, for our fans that never attended an institution of higher learning, endowment figures usually have NOTHING to do with athletic department revenue. Clemson, due to the larger donor pool, and the resulting increase in revenue can build stuff like this. Miami on the other hand, has to consistently fundraise and stretch those drives to hit needs as they occur. Remember, if Dabo wants something that costs ten million dollars, the AD probably doesn't have to make more than twenty phone calls. Miami on the other hand, has to put together an entire drive, and hope that they can get that money a little bit at a time, unless a big donor steps up and knocks some of it out with one big donation(See Soffer Practice Facility)

Last edited:
I think you are getting your stereotypes mixed up; these guys are the suburban racists.

so now any school in the south that is better than Miami at the moment is racist?

Nah, there are plenty of schools that Miami is better than that are racist :wink:

Seriously though, I was making fun of him saying Clemson is a farm school; if you are going to use stereotypes, at least use the right ones.

For God's sake! If you're going to make fun of me - don't half-*** around!

That was pitiful!

(What kind of tractor you got?)

Clemson is a farm school, it's a major agricultural school. FFA (Future Farmers of America) consistently promotes Clemson in South Carolina. Clemson also long ago use to be called Clemson A&M (Clemson Agricultural and Military). They park their tractors on the 1000s of acres they own and walk that country mile to the bonfire.

Truth. It's still referred to as the cow school by Gamecock fans

Advertisement
It's great seeing schools invest into their money maker. This is why Clemson should be in the SEC. They need to get out of this basketball conference.

Clemson has a program called IPTAY, I'm not 100 percent sure on this, but I believe you pay a 1 dollar to member. Basically, every donates at least a dollar every year to the program. It adds up... I hate Clemson, but a smart move. It helps Dabo Dufflebag Swinney. Like DeShaun Watsons murdered out Camaro...

Advertisement
Back