Clemson fan boards?

Advertisement
Does the OP really care enough to start a thread asking what fans of the best dynasty in College Football, who hasn't lost a ACC game since 2017, with the best QB in the nation, is thinking? I guess so..

Anyone knows what their fans are saying about us before saturday? Would love to see their hot takes about Miami?

This is what the players and coaches are saying after the Virginia game. Look like they are a bit worried since they didn't take care of Virginia like they thought they would.​

Even after UVA win, Clemson players wary of Miami's D'Eriq King​

Oct 4, 12:02 AM
x

The No. 1 Clemson football team wasn’t going to dismiss its 41-23 win over Virginia Saturday night. The Cavaliers were reigning ACC Coastal Division champions who played in the Orange Bowl last December, so an 18-point win — even with the Tigers’ lofty standards — was nothing to diminish.

But with a top-10 matchup against Miami looming large, some of the Tigers’ defensive players understood that Saturday served as something of a preview of what the Hurricanes will try to bring to Death Valley.

Playing in a night game, against an athletic, relentless quarterback who has tall receivers and tight ends downfield, Virginia actually paralleled Miami more than common thought would suggest. The Hurricanes, however entered a bye week Saturday after hanging 99 points in their first two ACC games, and quarterback D’Eriq King entered the weekend second nationally with 893 all-purpose yards in three game.

ADVERTISING

“He’s a great quarterback,” freshman defensive lineman Bryan Bresee said Saturday night. “I’m sure (defensive coordinator Brent Venables) will put together a great game plan like he does every week and we'll do the best we can to fulfill it. And we'll just just play our football, play how our defense always does.”

Added cornerback Andrew Booth: “He’s very good, you’ve seen him. We need to make sure we always have a guy on him in coverage. But we’re going to go to the drawing board and scheme against him, try to do what we do.”

So far this season, King — a transfer quarterback from Houston — has built a rapport with tight end Brevin Jordan. Viewed by some as the top tight end NFL Draft prospect in the country, Jordan already has 15 catches for 212 yards and three touchdowns. While Virginia doesn’t have a tight end of Jordan’s caliber, Tony Poljan had three catches for 25 yards and a touchdown.

“It affects our scheme,” Booth said of Miami. “We’ll practice their stuff all week, scheme to it, have set plays for their tight ends, and at the end of the day, we’re going to have to come and play. Put certain personnel on their tight ends.”

As far as King’s mobility, Virginia offered a test in that Cavaliers’ quarterback Brennan Armstrong finished as the game’s leading rusher, with 101 sack-adjusted rushing yards on 19 carries. King may be smaller and quicker, and already has 157 rushing yards (including sacks) on the season.

Venables liked some of what his team did to slow down Armstrong, but also sees plenty of room for improvement.

“He was exactly what we saw on film,” Venables said of Armstrong. “They have a design quarterback draw on every play, so you got to have … everybody’s got to be aware. Literally, like the one they had a touchdown with the linemen down in the field. That's, that's a draw. That is delayed. So by the time they get rid of the ball so fast, the quarterback has RPO. So that's when they start spreading out like they do with getting from sideline to sideline. You got to have people disciplined in the rush lanes and you got to work blocks.”

Clemson and Miami are set to kick off 7:30 p.m. ET on October 10.

Advertisement
They are arguing over names on the back of jerseys and Dabo deep down not liking his players fighting social injustice.
Seems they take aren't worried about us.

Good they gonna remember us after Saturday night.

One poster that seems to carry some credibility stated that Venables kept it pretty vanilla last week, doing only what he had to in order to win. Saving the real stuff for us.
LMAO at their posters claiming this as some sort of tactical advantage. As if Venables hasn't been there for like 10 years already.

Advertisement
As we get closer to saturday I'm sure a couple will show up here. You can ask them then.

Advertisement
I have never had an issue with Clemson fans.
Facts: partied w/ some of them in Vegas during NYE last yr. They were drunk af, and kept saying we need to get our chit together so they could have real competition in the ACCCG. Kept saying they respected us, but was mad that we are not bringing the credibility the ACC needs. We all agreed Fck FSU. Lol.

Read an article in Greenville news stating their big DT will be back. They also basically admitted to sleep walking against UVA. I totally forgot how bad they thrashed UVA in Acc championship game last year. So the fact they were sleep walking is totally understandable i guess. I will never understand that line of thinking though. When I played we had 12 games a year, that’s it. How hard is it to get up for 12 games? They aren’t playing basketball or baseball with 30 games a season. Anyway, we better be ready. Clemson wants to make a statement.
When you're really good for a long time, it can be easy to start taking teams for granted. The 2001 Miami team had close scares against Boston College and Virginia Tech. It's safe to say they didn't bring their A-game to either game.

Advertisement
96 - 3 last few meetings, why on earth would they care about us? We've played nobody, we've done jack sh*t.
Not sure why either fan base would think that matters. Nobody who played in the 2015 game is still in college and only a handful of current guys played in 2017. We're talking about two completely different teams from the last time they played. The only big name I can think of who played for either team in 2017 was Etienne.

Does the OP really care enough to start a thread asking what fans of the best dynasty in College Football, who hasn't lost a ACC game since 2017, with the best QB in the nation, is thinking? I guess so..
loop poop GIF by Mauro Gatti

Advertisement
Back