Clemson defensive numbers thus far

Advertisement
This is the most vulnerable Clemson team in a few years. Unfortunately, that still makes them better than 99% of the country. They are still loaded with talent on defense. Just not a ton of experienced talent. We have to punish them on the ground if they try to play man.

The mistake I keep seeing the board make is completely underestimating their Corners.

Derion Kendrick & Andrew Booth are 2 very good cover corners & will be a real challenge for Wiggins & Pope.

Idc how their Safeties look, their CB's are two top of the line talented players & will not be some pushovers that our WR's will swim through. They are aggressive & play press man well, our WR's are gonna have to step up big time.

This team hasn't lost a game at Death Valley in 4 years, I'm as hopeful as anyone on the board that we can upset them, but a lot of yall (not you OP) are seriously psyching yourselves into thinking Clemson will be some kinda easy game for Miami, trust me it won't be.

Doesn't mean they're impossible to beat & I'm NOT saying we don't have a chance, I'm just saying this is a really good team, they've literally only lost ONE game in 2 years, just one & 5 games in 5 years, do yall understand how good you have to be to pull that off?

You underrate those 2 dudes. Booth and Kendrick are high level 5 star kids who have backed up their rankings with their play. Their weakness is the middle of their defense - DTs (they're super young), LBs and safety. I think we have a great shot at exploting that. Unfortunately, 3/9/16 are high level talents and typically, that's more than enough to win college football games. I think we have a shot at keeping it close for 2+ quarters but ultimately, our team weakness will catch up with us (inability to make stops on defense, fumble/muff on STs, etc).

Big IF is King. He's the wild card. Kid can single-handledly make this game VERY close. Lots of things have to happen, though...

You underrate those 2 dudes. Booth and Kendrick are high level 5 star kids who have backed up their rankings with their play. Their weakness is the middle of their defense - DTs (they're super young), LBs and safety. I think we have a great shot at exploting that. Unfortunately, 3/9/16 are high level talents and typically, that's more than enough to win college football games. I think we have a shot at keeping it close for 2+ quarters but ultimately, our team weakness will catch up with us (inability to make stops on defense, fumble/muff on STs, etc).

Big IF is King. He's the wild card. Kid can single-handledly make this game VERY close. Lots of things have to happen, though...

exactly
we basically need to play them like Syracuse did to have a shot
And just hope that Lashlee is able to exploit the te mismatch

I think they’ll play our wr on an island and try to bracket the tes
I’m hoping to see a lot of rooster out of the backfield

Advertisement
Their CBs should be able to handle our WRs. I'm not sure I see an answer for our TEs and RBs in the throw game. Weather that initial onslaught, and we have a puncher's chance against anyone with our offensive playmakers.

they have been missing 2-3 key guys on their DL this far (Thomas, Davis and another). Those are dudes. I believe Davis is back for our game and there's a chance that Thomas may be as well.

I think losing guys like Muse and Simmons is huge for them
True, but the good news is, our line gets to practice against our d line. They are equipped to handle their front 4.

The mistake I keep seeing the board make is completely underestimating their Corners.

Derion Kendrick & Andrew Booth are 2 very good cover corners & will be a real challenge for Wiggins & Pope.

Idc how their Safeties look, their CB's are two top of the line talented players & will not be some pushovers that our WR's will swim through. They are aggressive & play press man well, our WR's are gonna have to step up big time.

This team hasn't lost a game at Death Valley in 4 years, I'm as hopeful as anyone on the board that we can upset them, but a lot of yall (not you OP) are seriously psyching yourselves into thinking Clemson will be some kinda easy game for Miami, trust me it won't be.

Doesn't mean they're impossible to beat & I'm NOT saying we don't have a chance, I'm just saying this is a really good team, they've literally only lost ONE game in 2 years, just one & 5 games in 5 years, do yall understand how good you have to be to pull that off?
👀

lol. I said in some other threads that if pope and Wiggins could win some one on one battles Miami could win. Anyways.... moving forward smh. I thought for sure LaSalle would come up with a formation that could gate that S isolated in coverage like Ohio St did. Nothing. I might be wrong about him being a big time OC. He's got some work to do

Advertisement

Nailed it. I know those kids are **** good but this goes hand in hand with what we said all summer. We’re just sorely lacking Miami talent on the outside. Venables knew it, and schemed it perfectly. That was literally men vs boys on the outside Saturday night. Our kids couldn’t even stay on their feet they were getting bodied so bad. Super embarrassing.

Imagine when we were good that a DC would go into a game saying “I’m playing press man inside the facemasks of Miami’s outside WRs and if they beat me, hats off”. Lmao. Christ.

Advertisement
Back