Clemson dc exposed?

verobeachcane

Recruit
Banned
So watching the osu Clemson game, it was stated they went to a huddle offense to prevent Clemson from stealing signs. Norte dame did the same. And they got good results. My question I guess, is venables overated? It would seem there is evidence that he relies heavily on sign stealing. When we play them again should we implement this strategy.

Advertisement
So watching the osu Clemson game, it was stated they went to a huddle offense to prevent Clemson from stealing signs. Norte dame did the same. And they got good results. My question I guess, is venables overated? It would seem there is evidence that he relies heavily on sign stealing. When we play them again should we implement this strategy.

No he plays a ton of cover 3 coverage..Likes to bring safeties in the box all out to stop the run.

He didnt/doesnt have 1 safety that can actually cover the deep 3rd in the cover 3...and there current group of corners aint hold up against osu's wr speed. Also didnt have their typical pass rush considering playing with a bunch of freshman on the dl. In years pass..those deep bombs were sacks or hurries.

Notre Dame beating them was essentially them being without guys. Notre Dame is not on there level. Sort of a fluke win.

Im sure they steal signs for sure though.

The key to beating Clemson is your WRs making plays against their DBs and the OL picking up all the blitzes that he likes to bring so your QB has time. Use the pass to open up the run

Why having receivers that can ”stretch the field” matter. Also why they easily shut us down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No. He’s one of the best DCs in CFB. But everyone has bad days with matchup issues. Ohio State is a great team (****’em regardless), with a high pick NFL QB, not unlike LSU last season. Clemson’s weakness is at safety. Bad matchup.

Go lookup how many times Bama gave up 40+ points in a game over the past six years. The number might surprise you, eight times, including twice this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Bama-OSU game is a 52-48 type game....

Last edited:
No he plays a ton of cover 3 coverage..Likes to bring safeties in the box all out to stop the run.

He didnt/doesnt have 1 safety that can actually cover the deep 3rd in the cover 3...and there current group of corners aint hold up against osu's wr speed. Also didnt have their typical pass rush considering playing with a bunch of freshman on the dl. In years pass..those deep bombs were sacks or hurries.

Notre Dame beating them was essentially them being without guys. Notre Dame is not on there level. Sort of a fluke win.

People can’t wrap their head around it’s 2021 and you’re f’d on d. Even the best will get their poo pushed in. I mean they gave up 17 ppg, that’s pretty **** good in today’s era. All the rules are slanted to the o and schematically offense is just miles ahead.

He magically didn’t become crap. I swear people throw away years of data for one game lol.

Last edited:
All great defenses get exposed in the college football playoffs. It has happened to Clemson, OSU and BAMA. They get matched up with the most elite offenses and athletes that college football has to offer. In today's college football elite offense beats elite defense.

Advertisement

Clemson got annihilated in the trenches against Ohio Taint. Taint’s offensive line exposed Clemson. Dabo was blaming their DB’s but Fields had all day to throw and they ran at will. They looked like our defense.

like what was said, everyone has a bad game but overall they've been very good

what it did seem to me was that their DL and DB while being highly rated are young and their LB are not that talented or deep.

Advertisement
People can’t wrap their head around it’s 2021 and you’re f’d on d. Even the best will get their poo pushed in. I mean they gave up 17 ppg, that’s pretty **** good in today’s era. All the rules are slanted to the o and schematically offense is just miles ahead.

He magically didn’t become crap. I swear people throw away years of data for one game lol.
Reactions and emotions > everything else this season

The key to beating Clemson is your WRs making plays against their DBs and the OL picking up all the blitzes that he likes to bring so your QB has time. Use the pass to open up the run
And have a qb like fields who can drop a 60 yard dime. I think that td to olave is still in the air

When we play them again should we implement this strategy.
O3KXSn.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back