Clemson Coach Fired (Not Miami Related Besides ACC Foe)

Legendary1

Recruit
Banned
Clemson really should be a regular postseason team. Maybe Godwin if ECU makes the move (although ECU is his alma mater)? Or Link Jarrett from ND?

Advertisement
Clemson really should be a regular postseason team. Maybe Godwin if ECU makes the move (although ECU is his alma mater)? Or Link Jarrett from ND?
I would be shocked if Godwin left ECU anytime soon. He’s back home, his parents are 30 minutes away, he’s young, and he’s got them rolling. I’ve met him a handful of times. He’s a great guy and has that love that you can only have for your alma mater. I really hope he gets them to the CWS. It would kill him to leave without doing that first.

Keep in mind I’m not saying if someone offered him something crazy like $2 million a year he wouldn’t go, but I’d expect him to be at ECU for a while. Ole Miss will come calling if Bianco doesn’t work out.

It is Miami related because Radakovich gave that guy a long leash.
He was actually a pretty good hire and his first 4 years they were a tournament team. He just didn’t recruit well enough to keep it up. Hiring a guy to his first major power coaching job certainly has its risks.

He was actually a pretty good hire and his first 4 years they were a tournament team. He just didn’t recruit well enough to keep it up. Hiring a guy to his first major power coaching job certainly has its risks.
Poor judgement by Rad then in retrospect. He also let their hoops coach stay for over a decade despite not winning diddly. Somehow he is still there. Glad that we replaced Blake but am not going to S Rad's D just yet.

Advertisement
Poor judgement by Rad then in retrospect. He also let their hoops coach stay for over a decade despite not winning diddly. Somehow he is still there. Glad that we replaced Blake but am not going to S Rad's D just yet.
I wouldn’t call it bad judgement. The hire was universally praised. Lee was next in line for a P5 gig. He was a South Carolina guy and he proved more than enough that he was a good coach at CofC. Sometimes things just don’t work out.

Clemson isn’t a baseball powerhouse either. They were never gonna go make a giant splash hire.

Rad is here to build buildings and make this place look better than it ever has.

His choices in coaches and his desire to fire them is not what I hope for. But time will tell.

Good hire by Clemson and it appears he will reunite with his pitching coach from fsu, with whom he worked with at Maryland. I have to admit I'm jealous.

Last edited:

Both the baseball and basketball hires were pretty highly regarded at the time. Rad and his fellow decision makers at Clemson got the best they could for that school, at that time. That is all you can ask from an AD with regards to searching and hiring head coaches and is in stark contrast to what we have seen at UM what with promoting from staffs that were failed or not really strong to begin with.....bitu, alas, this is UM so we second guess everything.

Advertisement
Good hire by Clemson and it appears he will reunite with his pitching coach from fsu, with whom he worked with at Maryland. I have to admit I'm jealous.

Jimmy is a good PC. I talked with him at a few camps back when he coached up at Monmouth and Maryland. He stays in front of the times and adapts. But he is very open to let pitchers stick with what works. Which I like. If it isnt broke dont try to fix it. Sometimes I feel like we bring in our guys and try to tweak and it ultimately hurts them in development.

Can’t keep up with buildings and other improvements if you keep firing coaches with buyouts on new and old staffs.

Get ole ROK!!

Advertisement
Back