Clemson cb depth

Advertisement
Their depth is fine - they had a bunch of guys out against nc state. They all have returned.

Per their board they really only used 2 corners for most of the plays against South Carolina

A Clemson fan came on this board this past week and said all of them will be available for this game. Again, no depth issues.

Tre Lamar and Mark Fields are out per Dabo

Their depth is fine - they had a bunch of guys out against nc state. They all have returned.

Per their board they really only used 2 corners for most of the plays against South Carolina

A Clemson fan came on this board this past week and said all of them will be available for this game. Again, no depth issues.

Tre Lamar and Mark Fields are out per Dabo

Ok on fields. Lamar is a LB for them - key guy, too.

Fields has been injured all season and only recently returned for UScar. Listed 3rd string at one corner spot for that game. While he was a very key backup last season… the defense has adjusted to his absence over the last 9 games or so.

Behind starters Carter and Mullen are Marcus Edmond [6’0] (returning after most of the year on the sidelines; was original starter) and A.j. Terrel [6’1] (has seen 1st team type snap numbers because Carter also plays nickel when we give that look.)

If I were to highlight a weakness in the defense I wouldn’t necessarily look toward the corners; it would be missed assignments by our starting SS over the middle.

Fields has been injured all season and only recently returned for UScar. Listed 3rd string at one corner spot for that game. While he was a very key backup last season… the defense has adjusted to his absence over the last 9 games or so.

Behind starters Carter and Mullen are Marcus Edmond [6’0] (returning after most of the year on the sidelines; was original starter) and A.j. Terrel [6’1] (has seen 1st team type snap numbers because Carter also plays nickel when we give that look.)

If I were to highlight a weakness in the defense I wouldn’t necessarily look toward the corners; it would be missed assignments by our starting SS over the middle.

Which makes the Herndon injury even more devastating for Miami.

Advertisement

All of them won’t be back, mark fields who is considered arguably their top cover corner is out due to hurting his ankle again.regardless injuries or not their secondary isn’t that good and guys have been getting open all year

Last edited:

Which makes the Herndon injury even more devastating for Miami.
Michael Irvin can provide a lot of what herndon can in the passing game. Where we will miss herndon is his elite blocking

All of them want be back, mark who fields who is considered their top cover corner is out. Regardless injuries or not their secondary isn’t that good and guys have been getting open all year

Clemson's pass defense is still solid though

Against Power 5 Teams:

33rd in YPG Allowed (Miami is 34th)
12th in YPA (Tied with Miami)
15th in passer rating against (Miami is 10th)
15th in completion percentage against (Miami is 16th)

Advertisement
Miami should be able to really exploit this. Just a few games ago they ray ray mccloud playing prime time minutes at the position who is a receiver against ncstate. Another one of their starters mark fields was ruled out too for this game. If we go 4 and 5 wide lookout..... Ncstate had guys running wide open on this secondary, fsu had guys open, Syracuse had guys open, South Carolina did too they just didn’t hit them.

We also had guys running wide open all day vs Pitt...

If Rosier plays well, we got a good shot

Would love to see some twin sets and wheel routes where the cbs get really confused one who to take and just exploit the F out of shaky CB's.

Got to block them for this to matter

It's all about this. I'm confident in our OL as we've been tested by elite fronts already (VT and FSU) and we were able to hold up. If Malik can just play to his averages we will be in a good spot.

Miami should be able to really exploit this. Just a few games ago they ray ray mccloud playing prime time minutes at the position who is a receiver against ncstate. Another one of their starters mark fields was ruled out too for this game. If we go 4 and 5 wide lookout..... Ncstate had guys running wide open on this secondary, fsu had guys open, Syracuse had guys open, South Carolina did too they just didn’t hit them.

Simples.

I Have faith that malik has responded in practice which it appears he has

We shall see.

Advertisement
Still haven't seen a quick fake to the bubble to Brax and a deep sideline route. I would love to see this happen. I would imagine they will be waiting for this since we like to run the bubble to brax often and have never faked to go deep.

Advertisement
Back