Clem's sons concerns

Advertisement
classic example of systemic racism bro, they even made a movie about it, white man cant jump
You know it’s getting spicy when any movie with Wesley snipes is mentioned.

Advertisement
Stereotypes and racism are different.

It’s like when your boss comes in and says “what’s up dawg?” Or “what up homie?” just because your the black dude in the room. He doesn’t walk up to other co-workers and say the same thing. So clearly it’s not something he just does. He only does it with you.

I know he ain’t being racist. He just stereotyping me figuring I won’t make a big deal out of it. (Which I won’t, I’m cool.)

I play pickup basketball all the time. When non-black players show up at the court. Most assume they are going to be shooters. And 99% of the time they are right. They not going up and banging that bitcch on nobody.

Is it racist to assume “he’s just a shooter?” Not when 90% of the time that’s what you see on the court.

We played against a team full of Asians one time downtown and their whole squad was shooters. We lost that game. We’re they stupid athletic? No.

But if they shot the ball they weren’t missing. Athleticism ain’t the only part of the game lol.

And it’s hella white athletic dudes.

Christian McCaffrey
Julian Edelman
Cole Beasley
Chris Hogan
Danny Amendola
Cooper Kupp
Adam Thielen
Braxton Berrios
Hunter Renfrow
Ryan Humphries

that’s off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s others.

Tom Brady would take that WR corps to the Super Bowl.

But there’s real racism and then there’s stereotypes. I think CIS is smart enough to know the difference between both.

I had a Mexican homie get mad when my boss (back in the day) bought him a Mexican national team soccer jersey when he did a great job on a project.

My homie said “do you think I’m automatically into soccer, rice and beans because I’m Hispanic? That’s racist!”

I felt more like my old boss would just try to relate with cultures that aren’t his own. Not that he was being racist.

Fair assessment. Clemson's clear defensive strength is with their two corners. They may have 4- and 5-stars on their defensive front but they are first and second year players. They are going to be a load next year and the year after but they are vulnerable this year. Their linebackers last year and the year prior to that were protected by their defensive line. #10 and #47 do not much up well against our running backs and definitely not so in space. They look vulnerable in the middle zone. This might be their weakest set of safeties in the last 5 years. Who is going to spy King in the run game? I think King has potential to ad lib in the run game. If Armstrong ran for 88 yards, then King is going to run for 100 and be able to pick his spots. They are going to double up on Jordan but Mallory is going to be isolated and that is a huge mismatch in our favor. Also, the wheel and swing routes are going to be open for our backs, and I love Rooster here. We don't have to screen these guys. Maybe once or twice just to keep them honest. Tempo, tempo, tempo, make Coach Ghoul have to work.

Very much so. (But I’m sure it’s a white man making the jokes) It’s a joke that shouldn’t be made but I view it in the same light as “never leave the white kid open in college basketball.” Those jokes are indeed hella racist but I still chuckle

that's good advice right there! :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Advertisement
Stereotypes and racism are different.

It’s like when your boss comes in and says “what’s up dawg?” Or “what up homie?” just because your the black dude in the room. He doesn’t walk up to other co-workers and say the same thing. So clearly it’s not something he just does. He only does it with you.

I know he ain’t being racist. He just stereotyping me figuring I won’t make a big deal out of it. (Which I won’t, I’m cool.)

I play pickup basketball all the time. When non-black players show up at the court. Most assume they are going to be shooters. And 99% of the time they are right. They not going up and banging that bitcch on nobody.

Is it racist to assume “he’s just a shooter?” Not when 90% of the time that’s what you see on the court.

We played against a team full of Asians one time downtown and their whole squad was shooters. We lost that game. We’re they stupid athletic? No.

But if they shot the ball they weren’t missing. Athleticism ain’t the only part of the game lol.

And it’s hella white athletic dudes.

Christian McCaffrey
Julian Edelman
Cole Beasley
Chris Hogan
Danny Amendola
Cooper Kupp
Adam Thielen
Braxton Berrios
Hunter Renfrow
Ryan Humphries

that’s off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s others.

Tom Brady would take that WR corps to the Super Bowl.

But there’s real racism and then there’s stereotypes. I think CIS is smart enough to know the difference between both.

I had a Mexican homie get mad when my boss (back in the day) bought him a Mexican national team soccer jersey when he did a great job on a project.

My homie said “do you think I’m automatically into soccer, rice and beans because I’m Hispanic? That’s racist!”

I felt more like my old boss would just try to relate with cultures that aren’t his own. Not that he was being racist.

i feel you, dog. :D

all kidding aside, you make good points.

prejudice is not racism, and not all racism is prejudice.

also, one of the reasons that people embrace language, culture, etc. of other ethnicities is not just because they are being bigoted or prejudiced or racist. many times, it's the opposite. it displays a sociological effort to connect. a white guy says to a black guy, (as in your example), "what's up dog," or "what's up homie" it is often due to the white person trying to relate using, language, mannerism, and tools of communication that are most familiar to the black guy. might it sometimes seem awkward? sure. but no different than a person just learning a foreign language would sound to a native speaker, when that person is trying to communicate in the listener's language. we're not talking about racial epithets or the "n-word." there's a difference, and as an advanced intelligent species (one would hope), it's often the communicator's effort to say, (in the most basic of terms): "hello, friend"

people need to stop, think, and see the nuance in how we relate and speak to each other.

otherwise, this sh*t will be going south faster than it already is.

Advertisement
I have zero data to back this up, but I've watched a ton of Clemson football over the past 5+ years and it does seem like there's confusion between Venables and the players when the opposing offense goes hyperspeed.

Maybe it's true, or maybe he's just more of a raving psychotic lunatic than usual when the other offense goes fast and his designated coach to yank him off the field like a 4 year old is working overtime.

Those are all valid concerns.
Yup.

They are a #1 team for many valid reasons. They have been arguably the best program in the Nation since 2015.

We have to play our game and execute to our strength and not worry about what they do great.
I expect a hard fought game and I hope we come out on top.

Advertisement
Laughed at #1.

Somebody send Lashlee #2.

More laughter at #3. They think we can tackle?!

They think we have one TE? Ironically #5 is our issue too. The other CIS!
You have to remember, these guys have had nothing to ***** about like us in years, and they now worried about little stuff like poor ole Alabama and The Ohio Taint have to worry about....you know, how is this 5 star (fill in the blank) going to replace so and so.

Advertisement
Back