Claudeson Pelon update

no way this guy gets through admissions.

Grades were bad before JUCO, but after...?

Sounds like he wants to come back to Miami and play in front of his family.

Isn't this the kid that has been to 2 or 3 schools since he failed to qualify at FSU? We have a hard enough time getting kids that have only been to ONE JUCO...this sounds like a credits nightmare.

Advertisement
I think we finish out the DT clas with Thomas Holley, Cory Johnson, and Adam Torres; with Lamont Gailard as a wild card possibility since UM is in his Top 2. I am thinking that class would make people happy.

Go Canes

So you think we bring in 6 possibly 7 DTs with 5 out of the seven being HS kids? Our 2008 WR class likes the way you think.

I think we finish out the DT clas with Thomas Holley, Cory Johnson, and Adam Torres; with Lamont Gailard as a wild card possibility since UM is in his Top 2. I am thinking that class would make people happy.

Go Canes

So you think we bring in 6 possibly 7 DTs with 5 out of the seven being HS kids? Our 2008 WR class likes the way you think.

Yes I think we bring in 6 DT's some of whom that can also play SDE ( stuckley, jenkins, valetine) plus the one's below since Torres and Holley are headed elsewhere;

Moten - since decommiting from UF his top choices are running out of room if they haven't already and UM presents the best playing opportunities a long with staying in S. Fla.

Pelon - has UM & Wash in his top 2 , and the idea of coming home to S. Fla is huge for him

I think UM also flips either Cory Johnson or Lamont Gaillard at some point during the season.

Also keep an eye out for 2014 DT Elisha Shaw from Tucker, Ga he has UM in his Top schools and he is strongly considering leaving SEC country.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1682595-elisha-shaw-highlights-4-star-dt-looks-outside-the-sec

Go Canes

Last edited:
That'd be ideal to flip either one of those guys but I don't see it happening with Gaillard. We missed the boat on that one.

Maybe Johnson if we have a stellar year and Kentucky looks hopeless.

I think DE positions are looking strong and deep the next few years. Valentine is going to be the rock of our NC defense, with Chad just blowing up one edge throwing OTs on top of backfields, and monster lbs running amuck. 2013 additions to secondary can make it the best we have seen in ages--especially if Deon hangs on and doesn't leave early. Some of the 2014 db might end up be scary good too. All that said, we could use another DT or 2, or 3. Hard to have too many DTs. Still, I don't feel the panic about it right now. We might not return to the happy hunting grounds this year, but we will get a glimpse of it and maybe even a little taste with BCS Bowl for the seniors graduation gift.

Advertisement
I like this kid Claudeson, we need some more Zoes at UM. I think in the end, based purely off nothing, he would choose UM over UW. Sark has a good staff in place but the team won't exactly set the world on fire this season and he might even get the axe after the season.

Advertisement
Yes I think we bring in 6 DT's some of whom that can also play SDE ( stuckley, jenkins, valetine) plus the one's below since Torres and Holley are headed elsewhere;

you literally just named our 3 DT targets/commits least likely to play SDE

I said " some of whom" can play SDE , those some would be Pelon and Moten who can slide out to SDE in a 3-4 alignment. Pelon is one of the top juco SDE's in th country and Moten is athletic enough to handle it.

Also don't please don't quote out of context to try and make a point, because the the entire statement I made clarifies whom I ment. Because had Torres or Holley come to UM they would be the ones that could slide out out to SDE in certain fronts.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:
I like this kid Claudeson, we need some more Zoes at UM. I think in the end, based purely off nothing, he would choose UM over UW. Sark has a good staff in place but the team won't exactly set the world on fire this season and he might even get the axe after the season.

He needs to hit up Lil Haiti show Zoe nation got his back here

I said " some of whom" can play SDE , those some would be Pelon and Moten who can slide out to SDE in a 3-4 alignment. Pelon is one of the top juco SDE's in th country and Moten is athletic enough to handle it.

Also don't please don't quote out of context to try and make a point, because the the entire statement I made clarifies whom I ment. Because had Torres or Holley come to UM they would be the ones that could slide out out to SDE in certain fronts.

Go Canes

Go Canes

They need to keep the patients away from the computers

Advertisement

Go Canes

Go Canes

People will better understand what you mean, if you actually write what you mean. When you reference a class of people and then follow it immediately by naming people in parenthesis, grammatically that indicates that the people named in parenthesis are the class of which you speak.

I don't know why I bother responding to you. But, yes if you (in some warped way of communicating) meant that Moten and Pelon are the guys remaining who have flexibility to play SDE in the 3-4, then I agree.

Advertisement
This kid has attended 3 JC's in 3 years after failing to qualify out of High School to FSU of all places?

Yeah good luck getting this kid through admissions at UM if he were to commit/sign. Dammit

This is what happened on live tv when a guy said he couldn't get into FSU either

hysterical-laugh.html

Advertisement
Back