Classes at Georgia ranked #2!

CaneTheGaytors

Biletnikoff Award Winner
If this isn't an indictment on Richt, then what is?

I will post more ranking sites if you all still don't believe. All of them have Georgia as consensus top 5 class since official online rankings began in 2002.

13 years of SEC team recruiting rankings rolled into one: No. 2 Georgia Bulldogs - Saturday Down South

But yet, a bunch of posters here are criticizing Butch for doing way more with huge scholarship losses and sanctions in the time that he was here than Richt has done with monster recruiting classes while at Georgia.

Advertisement
Richt is overrated. He is falling off slowly. He hasn't been impressive the last couple of seasons. Honestly, you cannot hire a guy that failed to compete with the same guys that you hope to beat one day. It does not make any sense.

Georgia is infested with NFL talent with no other instate power. There's really something wrong if their class is not in the top 10.

He finished in the top 5 just three years ago. Seriously, he has the 5th best winning percentage of active coaches. He hasn't won a championship at UGA. Maybe that's because UGA doesn't win championships (without Herschel)! He's out done every coach that's ever been there.

And yet Richt can't win out.

There's a clear indicator that Richt is a good coach, but certainly not a great one.

We'll win a few ACC championships. We'll lose a few too. Because he always loses a game or two he should have won. He's like - automatic that way.

Advertisement
Richt is a quality coach. With that said, out of the 4 candidates that are being tossed about at the moment, Butch is a clear #1 for me.....

I will post more ranking sites if you all still don't believe. All of them have Georgia as consensus top 5 class since official online rankings began in 2002.

13 years of SEC team recruiting rankings rolled into one: No. 2 Georgia Bulldogs - Saturday Down South

But yet, a bunch of posters here are criticizing Butch for doing way more with huge scholarship losses and sanctions in the time that he was here than Richt has done with monster recruiting classes while at Georgia.

It's disturbing that the school wants the biggest underachiever. 15 yrs of never being close to. Championship . F*** blake

Advertisement
Richt has won plenty, and done it in the toughest conference in football

You are obviously a new school fan.

Plenty? Did you really go there.

This is the U. Not Georgia. If you accept "winning plenty" but never even playing in the National Championship game with stacked talent, then you are exactly the type of "fan" that has been poisoning our well for far too long.

Even Georgia fired him for this reason.

You should go root for another team if these are your expectations.

Been saying this for a long time.

He has done less with more then just about any coach in America the last 10 years. 0 Conference titles, 2 division titles. That isn't good.

Just looking at DTs from Georgia this year, they have something like 7 of the top 20 in the country - including 3 of the top 7 or so....

Georgia should have defenses that are mauling people....

That is what wins the close games against big-time opponents...

The only state in the country that can compete with Georgia year after year for the sheer number of DTs is Texas.....

Richt has won plenty, and done it in the toughest conference in football

You are obviously a new school fan.

Plenty? Did you really go there.

This is the U. Not Georgia. If you accept "winning plenty" but never even playing in the National Championship game with stacked talent, then you are exactly the type of "fan" that has been poisoning our well for far too long.

Even Georgia fired him for this reason.

You should go root for another team if these are your expectations.

Advertisement
So he's been #2 in recruting in the SEC over the past 13 years and we don't want him. Got it.

Y'all can talk **** about him all you want but i'm praying he takes the job. You want richt or schiano?

Advertisement
So he's been #2 in recruting in the SEC over the past 13 years and we don't want him. Got it.

And what exactly has he won. Recruiting don't mean **** unless you win ships.

You make no sense. It is an indictment on him not being a great coach. He has had even higher rated overall classes than Bama and LSU in the last 10 years according to the site I shared.

It's disturbing that the school wants the biggest underachiever. 15 yrs of never being close to. Championship . F*** blake

In 2002 when he was 13-1 and got shut out of the BCS Title because OSU squeaked by in 6 games.....If OSU doesn't complete a 40 yard pass on 4th down against Purdue does your opinion change?

Or in 2012 when he was 5 yards from beating Bama in the SECCG and going to the BCS Title game where they would have smoked Notre Dame.....

Do those count as close?

Y'all can talk **** about him all you want but i'm praying he takes the job. You want richt or schiano?

I want Butch!

You are asking me if I prefer a **** painted with shiny gold on it or a total fail as a HC.

Those are both bad choices.

Advertisement
Back