Class ranks number 10

Yes. Under the CURRENT rules, we can only take 3 players, of any type (HS, JuCo, transfers), unless we find a "Jarrid Williams" type who will commit to coming to Miami, but waits to sign until August.

IF IF IF the NCAA finally gets serious with allowing additional transfer ICs (to unfreeze the Portal), then I could see us using the 3 remaining ICs on HS kids, and then using whatever "extra transfer ICs" on transfer kids.
Thank you...All I know is that UM always seems to fall short of the max 85 the majority of the time. You look at the 'ship nbrs today, plus the 21 signed and less the guys leaving early as we will have some and they are around 80. And this doesn't take into account our own guys transferring say after Spring or Summer.

Advertisement
For the first time since Lingard and Pope, if you go by Rivals. (247 had Lingard as 5* but Jordan, Pope, Silvera and J. Williams reasonably close.)

If not that cycle, you gotta go back to Duke and T. Howard.
Yep so let’s say it’s happened 3 times since 2008? Wow

Thank you...All I know is that UM always seems to fall short of the max 85 the majority of the time. You look at the 'ship nbrs today, plus the 21 signed and less the guys leaving early as we will have some and they are around 80. And this doesn't take into account our own guys transferring say after Spring or Summer.
The way it’s set up, almost everyone is under the 85 scholarship limit. Most schools have a few leftovers that they award to walk-ons like Miami does. Between graduation, kids leaving early and transfers, it’s possible to lose more than 25 kids in a cycle but by rule, you can only add 25 players maximum per cycle. The logical choice would be to allow schools who lose players to the portal an extra counter for every kid who leaves but we all know the NCAA is ridiculous

Yep so let’s say it’s happened 3 times since 2008? Wow
And there’s an even a difference between those guys and LT and James. LT and James are 99+ guys, no doubt consensus 5*, whose stock has even risen at the end. Lingard was darn near a 4 at end of cycle and Pope was only 5 on Rivals. Forget exactly where Duke and Tracy were but probably not Top 12....

This is our best top end talent we’ve had since I’ve started to follow recruiting which was about when Duke hit the scene.

I don’t see 24 hs kids happening. They want a few spots for the portal de and cb as I’ve mentioned. They can always come a spot forward like Williams last year then 1-2 towards the 24 this year.
What are our chance of landing the portal DE and CB? Thanks Cribby.

Advertisement
The way it’s set up, almost everyone is under the 85 scholarship limit. Most schools have a few leftovers that they award to walk-ons like Miami does. Between graduation, kids leaving early and transfers, it’s possible to lose more than 25 kids in a cycle but by rule, you can only add 25 players maximum per cycle. The logical choice would be to allow schools who lose players to the portal an extra counter for every kid who leaves but we all know the NCAA is ridiculous

Yeah, the Portal is going to make it nearly impossible to stay at 85 recruited scholarship players. There are only 24 starting positions, and even if you are Bama or Clemson, some kids will get impatient.

Especially once the new "one free transfer" rule passes.

If you really believe that covid and the social unrest that just occurred did not push a lot of kids to stay home that would have otherwise left,
Let’s just agree to disagree
Well is it helping the Northeast schools, the Texas schools, the California schools?

Advertisement
Back