Class number trending down....

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
With the NCAA telling us to pound sand on the appeal of the Scholie reductions, I actually think we probably wont be replacing everyone who bails. I would not be surprised if we dont take a CB in this class to replace Nigel, unless its someone like JC Jackson.

My guess is that if the staff loses some guys, they are not going to replace them unless its with top level talent. In other words, we arent going to replace a good commit with a mid level guy just to have a body, unless its a position we are very thin at. (S). At some point we are going to have to start eating some scholies for the NCAA.

Advertisement
Aren't we already operating way below the max scholarships?

Yes, and that is what they tried to argue to the NCAA. But they said no, so it looks like we are still goign to have to eat 9 scholies over the next few years in the coming classes. They did not allow us to use the under signing from the last few years towards it.

Thought we planned to play at 82. Why go much lower?

Dont know how much lower we will go, but since we lost the appeal, my guess is that we are probably not going to waste scholies to replace guys at positions that we really dont need as bad. Like Bethel. If we dont get a top notch guy like JC Jackson for that spot, my guess is we will pass on CB til next year, rather than just take a guy to take a guy, since we need to conserve some scholies to fulfill the NCAA punishment.

Advertisement
We have 67 on scholarship. With attrition from the current roster and the class, I think we can take 30. We have spots for 4 more.

We absolutely have room for 30. Even if we go 82-82-82, we can still easily handle 30 in this year's class.

Miami didn't make a formal appeal on the numbers. It was more of a by the way type thing. Had we made a formal appeal it wouldn't have been heard until this cycle had finished and we could have taken 30+ like I still think we will.

But I think you're right about not going after mid major type players just to fill the class.

Advertisement
With the NCAA telling us to pound sand on the appeal of the Scholie reductions, I actually think we probably wont be replacing everyone who bails. I would not be surprised if we dont take a CB in this class to replace Nigel, unless its someone like JC Jackson.

My guess is that if the staff loses some guys, they are not going to replace them unless its with top level talent. In other words, we arent going to replace a good commit with a mid level guy just to have a body, unless its a position we are very thin at. (S). At some point we are going to have to start eating some scholies for the NCAA.

assumption and conjecture.

dude we have played well below 80 since Al has been here...and i am sure there is some dead wait we can get rid of..

303.jpg

Advertisement
C4Life...

do this exercise please:

find any 3 year period under Randy or Golden that we didn't end up at less than 246 scholarships.

We don't need to do any of that BS you suggest in your post. Zero.

Advertisement
Back