Class Impact: Zion Nelson to Miami

Advertisement
Can’t believe you guys are trying to relitigate this argument.

The issue was never Nelson per se. Great programs take a flyer on a project they believe in. So kudos to the prior staff for finding a diamond in the rough.

The issue was that the class desperately needed someone who could step in right away at tackle if needed, and we got Nelson,Clark, ElGammal and Kennedy. Why don’t you bump the threads on those other three?

As for Nelson, he looks the part now, finally. Should never ever have started as a TF and was only serviceable last year. I personally don’t see a Seantrel Henderson, Flowers or Winston type. He has a LOT to prove this season to merit Day 1 discussion. But yeah, he’s a Miami kid whose story everyone can get behind. Super happy he’s developed so far the way he has.

The issue was never Nelson per se. Great programs take a flyer on a project they believe in. So kudos to the prior staff for finding a diamond in the rough.

The issue was that the class desperately needed someone who could step in right away at tackle if needed, and we got Nelson,Clark, ElGammal and Kennedy. Why don’t you bump the threads on those other three?

As for Nelson, he looks the part now, finally. Should never ever have started as a TF and was only serviceable last year. I personally don’t see a Seantrel Henderson, Flowers or Winston type. He has a LOT to prove this season to merit Day 1 discussion. But yeah, he’s a Miami kid whose story everyone can get behind. Super happy he’s developed so far the way he has.

You’re right it’s not about Zion. It’s about the condescending, mocking, know it all comments by the usual group of doofuses that make it so good.

And in all fairness they believed Kennedy was the guy to start out the gate.

Advertisement
I forgot that Darius Washington was also in this recruiting class. Thank god he went to FSU. That dude has been Chris Rix level good for us.

You’re right it’s not about Zion. It’s about the condescending, mocking, know it all comments by the usual group of doofuses that make it so good.

It is a about a guy who only shows up when things are bad, an avowed gaytor, who has actually porsted here what an “amazing time“ he had cheering for the turds in the swamp when he was a student at UFailure, and how people have closed minds and jump on every opportunity, to run players down.

Advertisement
Bro, it’s cool. Take the L and move on.

I am not going to bump the ElGammal thread but people were just as convinced about him. You definitely want to take flyers. It just can’t be the entire class. Should be 2-3 at most per class across all position groups, not 2-3 at one position group.

Advertisement
Keep doubling down dude. We all know your mope mind can’t process something positive
Can we check Scaiffe Pope Wiggins Mullins Joyner just asking for a friend.

Nah all jokes aside Nelson was a great eval and if anyone didn't develop on the OL it ain't on the coach cause if he developed why not the others?

Advertisement
Look, everyone knew Zion was going to be a project. Everyone knew he shouldn’t have been forced into starting his freshman year. I just wish fans wouldn’t be so quick to bash a player. He wasn’t good and had no business starting but maybe please give some guys a chance to improve?

Advertisement
Back