Class Impact: Xavier Restrepo to Miami

View as article
I know what all that means but I’m saying that hasn’t been the case no for about 2 years now. Rick Scott signed a bill that includes practically erasing the school zones. The state is an open enrollment state. HB7029 unless something happened between 2016 and now. Kids no longer have to lie about their addresses.

Off topic but Plantation has always been a good school since the 90’s with a few exceptions during Steve Davis first few years at Plantation.
Plantation is generally a solid team but they get smoked by the big boys. Davis usually has them competitive and they usually make the playoffs but put them up against Deerfield or STA and it gets ugly.

Advertisement
We’re arguing if he’s an elite athlete by testing numbers and that’s great. But there have been plenty of impact players and hof players that did not have elite level numbers. So while restrepo may not be some elite level athlete as of me writing this.
His numbers are in good company with dudes that have actually made an impact in cfb and in the nfl.
We’re being overly excited (me) about his ability. But some are also overreacting to his presumed “lack” of athleticism.
But we should all be very happy that a local kid with his ability loves the program and is willing to change schools to early enroll, commit and shut it down.
How many here would like to have a son with his skill set as well as the ability to have the smarts to get an Ivey league offer?

Advertisement
I know what all that means but I’m saying that hasn’t been the case no for about 2 years now. Rick Scott signed a bill that includes practically erasing the school zones. The state is an open enrollment state. HB7029 unless something happened between 2016 and now. Kids no longer have to lie about their addresses.

Off topic but Plantation has always been a good school since the 90’s with a few exceptions during Steve Davis first few years at Plantation.
Get out with that Colonel crap. Go Paladins!

Get out with that Colonel crap. Go Paladins!
Hahaa what are you talking about? I graduated in from sphs. Haha. Just saying Plantation had a good squad. Ironically most of their top players this year transferred from sphs. We had some good talent in the early to mid 2000’s then during Alex Collins’ year.

Advertisement
Hahaa what are you talking about? I graduated in from sphs. Haha. Just saying Plantation had a good squad. Ironically most of their top players this year transferred from sphs. We had some good talent in the early to mid 2000’s then during Alex Collins’ year.
Yea I was a freshman in 05-06 and we had a pretty good team then I think we lost to Carol City in the playoffs so not bad for a team that has never been real good.

South Plantation and Plantation (especially) could be really good if they ever hired a coach who had a clue. Plantation is one of the most underachieving programs in Broward County. They always have athletes. And their location is prime.

Yea I was a freshman in 05-06 and we had a pretty good team then I think we lost to Carol City in the playoffs so not bad for a team that has never been real good.

Yea that was my senior year. I believe they were upset by Taravella but the following year they were like a game away from the state championship. They lost to north Miami Beach who had Doug Wiggins and a few other D1 athletes. They had some sphs had some stud athletes that year too.

South Plantation and Plantation (especially) could be really good if they ever hired a coach who had a clue. Plantation is one of the most underachieving programs in Broward County. They always have athletes. And their location is prime.

Steve Davis is a good Coach. He’s been winning since his Ely days in the early 2000’s. Chapman and Buschemi brought winning back to sphs during the 05-06 year but they ran an antiquated offense (but retired at the perfect time). Other than that I agree. SPHS needs consistent coaching. I really don’t know much about their current coach.

Advertisement
Yea that was my senior year. I believe they were upset by Taravella but the following year they were like a game away from the state championship. They lost to north Miami Beach who had Doug Wiggins and a few other D1 athletes. They had some sphs had some stud athletes that year too.
Yes is was North Miami Beach, I remember reading it in the paper. Normally I went to all the games (was in band lol) but we didn't go to the playoff games. My first two years was fun to be at the games we had some good teams. I think the QBs name was Cory Claire and when we did throw he wasn't bad.

Advertisement
Steve Davis is a good Coach. He’s been winning since his Ely days in the early 2000’s. Chapman and Buschemi brought winning back to sphs during the 05-06 year but they ran an antiquated offense (but retired at the perfect time). Other than that I agree. SPHS needs consistent coaching. I really don’t know much about their current coach.

Antiquated offense? You realize that Davis runs the Wing-T, right?

I don't know how you define "winning" or "good coach", but if Davis is a good coach then my buddy Rashad West must be Vince Lombardi because he (Western) beat Plantation TWICE in one season when they had Ryan Shazier, Jeremy Cash and a few other D1 kids on defense...and WHS had kids who were barely athletic enough to bag groceries.

Anybody who prints their face on a DVD that he exchanges with other HC's during game week (film-exchange) is a character IMO.

MF'er gave us a DVD that said "Coach Steve Davis" with his picture on it. LOL
You can't fvckin' lose if you do arrogant **** like that. LOL sorry

Nothing against the dude but Plantation is widely considered as an under-achieving program. Sad thing is, they ran Coach Hepler out of town cause he couldn't get past Dade teams in the play-offs. They'd be blessed to have that type of "problem" right now. They can't get past Western.

Advertisement
Back