Class Impact: Tyler Van Dyke to Miami

Advertisement
Well, no one can complain about a Miami recruit not getting a rating bump up. Kid went from a 3🌟 to a 4🌟 literally overnight once word got out he was committing to Miami.

I think he has a legit shot to compete with our 2021 QB for the starting job. He's low key athletic and should get more credit than he does for being mobile. Tape reminds me of a baby Ryan Mallet. Skraight gunslinger. The competition in CN is horrible though.

what happened to all the "Mataocha can start here" guys? They jumped ship quick lmao

First time seeing TVD’s highlight tape. Kid makes some of the most impressive throws from a high-school QB that I’ve seen in a long time.

Something about him reminds me of Vinny Testaverde. Kid has a cannon for an arm, and is tremendously accurate on the run and throwing the deep ball.

Something else that should not go unnoticed is how crappy his OL is. He was running for his life on many occasions and still made money throws.

With the type of WR/TE/RB talent that we have and are bringing in, this kid is gonna rack up big numbers. He’s a WR’s dream...a QB that hits you in stride. Our YAC should go way up as soon as this kid is under center. Great get by Enos, in my opinion.

First time seeing TVD’s highlight tape. Kid makes some of the most impressive throws from a high-school QB that I’ve seen in a long time.

Something about him reminds me of Vinny Testaverde. Kid has a cannon for an arm, and is tremendously accurate on the run and throwing the deep ball.

Something else that should not go unnoticed is how crappy his OL is. He was running for his life on many occasions and still made money throws.

With the type of WR/TE/RB talent that we have and are bringing in, this kid is gonna rack up big numbers. He’s a WR’s dream...a QB that hits you in stride. Our YAC should go way up as soon as this kid is under center. Great get by Enos, in my opinion.
I see more Big Ben in his film.

Advertisement
Love it 🙌🏾

Attachments

• 7EB20808-EC2B-4B5C-BD2C-5F373E1D2781.jpeg
    7EB20808-EC2B-4B5C-BD2C-5F373E1D2781.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 160
Very serviceable in Dan Enos's offense. Will make the most out of it.

He's no Tua, but he could grown into a Alex Smith role at best.

Like the Gent before me said, he has superior throw-on-the-run ability.

You do realize Alex Smith was the #1 pick in the draft right? It would be great to see him grow into that role.

You do realize Alex Smith was the #1 pick in the draft right? It would be great to see him grow into that role.

You do realize we’re talking about arm talent and not draft pick right? How, in any shape or form, did I just trash Alex Smith? Tua and Alex can both throw on the run, but Van Dyke does not have a cannon arm. So, an Alex Smith comparison ensues!

You do realize we’re talking about arm talent and not draft pick right? How, in any shape or form, did I just trash Alex Smith? Tua and Alex can both throw on the run, but Van Dyke does not have a cannon arm. So, an Alex Smith comparison ensues!

Just busting balls.

Advertisement
That competition looks weak. Lots of sorry looking white boys on defense.
Why is race even mentioned here? If I said Perry looked good in high school cause he was playing a bunch of overrated black boys on defense you would be up in arms over it. Stop seeing color. His throws have nothing to do with the color of skin. The talent may not be great but he places the ball with no issues.

Last edited:
Why is racist even mentioned here? If I said Perry looked good in high school cause he was playing a bunch of overrated black boys on defense you would be up in arms over it. Stop seeing color. His throws have nothing to do with the color of skin. The talent may not be great but he places the ball with no issues.

Agreed, I would be a little more concerned with evaluating him against that competition if he was a WR or RB, but as a QB you can see him work under center, footwork, ball placement, and ability in the pocket. All the things needed to play the position.

Advertisement
As a junior at Suffield, Van Dyke threw for 1,899 yards on a 57% completion percentage, along with 14 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.

As a junior at Suffield, Van Dyke threw for 1,899 yards on a 57% completion percentage, along with 14 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.

That's over 9 games. His junior year numbers are almost identical to Jarren Williams'

[ e
Why is racist even mentioned here? If I said Perry looked good in high school cause he was playing a bunch of overrated black boys on defense you would be up in arms over it. Stop seeing color. His throws have nothing to do with the color of skin. The talent may not be great but he places the ball with no issues.
Is he being racist or stating facts that happened to offend u? Big difference

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back