Class Impact: Thomas Davis to Miami

I think he's DE all the way. Although Manny and Baker have been playing with using a DE/OLB hybrid and calling it the "viper" position.

At the very least this kid is a situational pass rusher and you can never have too many guys who can get after the quarterback.

Viper is what I was thinking for him, assuming his back-pedal and hips aren't a liability there, that could be a way to keep him on the field more and make it harder for the OCs to play-call or the QBs to audible based on his presence..

I still remember how Golden totally misused McCord, only put him in to rush. Everyone knew exactly what was coming. Set the kid up to fail.

Advertisement
Mr. Davis is an exceptional talent, in my opinion. Don’t sleep on him. His fast twitch and speed, along with his plethora of moves and use of hands, to go along with a great motor and work ethic are a recipe for big time success.

Another thing that is overlooked, is the leverage that he will have on much taller offensive tackles, since he’s built lower to the ground. Kid is gonna be a problem for opposing OL.

Advertisement
Viper is what I was thinking for him, assuming his back-pedal and hips aren't a liability there, that could be a way to keep him on the field more and make it harder for the OCs to play-call or the QBs to audible based on his presence..

I still remember how Golden totally misused McCord, only put him in to rush. Everyone knew exactly what was coming. Set the kid up to fail.

McCord is actually one of the few guys who I thought Golden and D’No DIDN’T misuse (other than insufficient snaps)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Davis, Troutman and T. Johnson is a helluva LB haul. If Chase enters the fold, that's icing on an already impressive cake. 3 underrated guys full of **** & vinegar who run and strike very well. Davis should be a guy who can produce video game sack numbers from the Mike spot. Can you imagine a RB tryna block him 1 on 1 on an A-Gap blitz???

Advertisement
Not sure if we have some posters in S. Georgia who can expound upon this kids move to MLB but would appreciate the input. His build and force remind me of Perryman, not his play yet but hopeful for it.

I HAD HIM PENCILED AT OLB, BUT I KNEW LB WOULD BE SOMEWHERE. HE COULD REALLY THRIVE. HIS SPEED AND ATHLETICISM JUST FITS THE LB’ER MOLD. HE HAS SPEED TO GO SIDELINE TO SIDELINE, PLAYS TE AND RUNS TRACK. RUNS IN 10.9-11.SOMETHING RANGE. GET THAT GOING DOWN HILL WITH THE PROPER INSTINCTS. SOUNDS LIKE A FUTURE FIRST ROUNDER TO ME.

Advertisement
Back