Class Impact: Michael Redding to Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lance you gotta love the numbers on this kid right?

It would be disingenuous for me to state that my model shows no correlation with athleticism and WR's and then love a kid simply due to his numbers.

That said, I am the type who loves a freak athlete at the WR position and that vertical number is 2.18 standard deviations above the mean. The 40 is ~ one standard deviation above the mean. The SH is honestly meh at 0.59 standard deviations below the mean.

I really like the kid because of his production and his performance against other great players, but it doesn't hurt that he can jump out of the gym.

It would be disingenuous for me to state that my model shows no correlation with athleticism and WR's and then love a kid simply due to his numbers.

That said, I am the type who loves a freak athlete at the WR position and that vertical number is 2.18 standard deviations above the mean. The 40 is ~ one standard deviation above the mean. The SH is honestly meh at 0.59 standard deviations below the mean.

I really like the kid because of his production and his performance against other great players, but it doesn't hurt that he can jump out of the gym.

The one thing I will say is I see some kids with GREAT feet, shake and bake, short area quickness on tape...And then are surprised to see that they have a week shuttle time...There's technique involved with that, just like there is the 40 and a lot of it is the ability to improvise and also the way you use your whole body when juking/faking

Advertisement
Willie T and FSU fans after Redding decommits
images.jpg

Advertisement
What I like about this kid is that he's a Pensacola native. Don't get very many from that area.

Advertisement
This kid is a pure freak athlete & physical specimen, he's got the combination of speed & power with balance.

At 6'1 195lbs with a 4.5 40 & 41inch vert is crazy athletic & has great hands. He had 3rec for 69yds & 1TD vs MNW last year & was the best offensive player on the field for IMG. Keep in mind, IMG doesn't have a prolific passing offense, they also have to rotate a ton of guys in & don't have a system centered around getting the ball to just one guy. Even so still he averaged 16.8 yards per catch.

Watching him you can see he understands how to use his body create seperation & is a precise route runner. He stacks & stems his routes smoothly & shows good burst after the catch, along with having a ridiculous catch radius due to having a Basketball style vertical. Naturally gifted athlete.

Just wait until Feeley gets him in our S&C program & Coach Stubbs gets to work on him, if he's an EE he'll come in right away & get an opportunity to play, not as a starter but he's not shirting his Frosh year.

Reminds me of AJ Brown from Ole Miss, who was very productive in college & just got drafted high in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
This kid is a pure freak athlete & physical specimen, he's got the combination of speed & power with balance.

At 6'1 195lbs with a 4.5 40 & 41inch vert is crazy athletic & has great hands. He had 3rec for 69yds & 1TD vs MNW last year & was the best offensive player on the field for IMG. Keep in mind, IMG doesn't have a prolific passing offense, they also have to rotate a ton of guys in & don't have a syste, centered around getting the ball to just one guy. Even so still he still averaged 16.8 yards per catch.

Watching him you can see he understand how to use his body create seperation & is a precise route runner. He stacks & stems his routes smoothly & shows good burst after the catch, along with having a ridiculous catch radius due to having a Basketball style vertical. Naturally gifted athlete.

Just wait until Feeley gets him in our S&C program & Coach Stubbs gets to work on him, if he's an EE he'll come in right away & get an opportunity to play, not as a starter but he's not shirting his Frosh year.

Reminds me of AJ Brown from Ole Miss, who was very productive in college & just got drafted high in the 2nd round.
And should get even more touches in the passing game now that trey sanders and Noah Cain are gone

At 6'1 195lbs with a 4.5 40 & 41inch vert is crazy athletic & has great hands. He had 3rec for 69yds & 1TD vs MNW last year & was the best offensive player on the field for IMG. Keep in mind, IMG doesn't have a prolific passing offense, they also have to rotate a ton of guys in & don't have a syste, centered around getting the ball to just one guy. Even so still he still averaged 16.8 yards per catch.

Watching him you can see he understand how to use his body create seperation & is a precise route runner. He stacks & stems his routes smoothly & shows good burst after the catch, along with having a ridiculous catch radius due to having a Basketball style vertical. Naturally gifted athlete.

fuqin baller lib, this kid is nasty

Advertisement
Back