Class Impact: Louis Hedley to Miami

Advertisement
hedley.gif

Stud running back watched our last three games and bugged the **** out.

JUCO punter watched our last three games and said "I'm gonna be a star"

Also, leave it to Miami to find the one Aussie punter that ISN'T an absolute stud. At least he looks like he will help us win a bar fight?

Have not watched the tape. From what I am reading by OP, this sounds like the best available punter that would possibly sign here, and that is not saying much. We are basically getting someone who may be an upgrade but not much of one. The staff should have seen after game 1 this year that a punter should be a high priority. Now we are late to the game and stuck with an unranked punter. Maybe Hartley comes out looking like a genius. His track record as a ST coach does not give me the warm and fuzzy. We better be going hard after a grad transfer when the season is over.

wow, Crowley recommits, Neal a silent to bama, Tarquin looking around and we sign a punter.........how about an ST coach

Advertisement
The film of him just punting it as far as he could on 2 steps was impressive... easily 60-70 yards depending on exactly where they landed. That would be a 55+ yard punt from LOS with a fair catch.

A few punts on the highlight were from around the 35-40 yard line and he barely kicked them to pen the opposing team. Could hurt his avg.

Doesn't matter how good/bad our punter is.. the offense stalling at the 15 yard line is going to result in plus field position for them every time. Then, they punt and pen us inside the 5 3 times and we run 3 inside zones into Jahair Jones' *** and punt it to the 40... does us no good either way.

Offense is gonna have to start moving the ball to the point that it only takes a 38 yard punt and it wouldn't look nearly as bad as it does now when we need a booming punt every single time because we gain 0 yards. Only thing I ask for is no more shanking the punts 10-15 yards just because there is pressure coming. This dude at least looks like he'll hold his own if protection is bad before he ***** himself

Well... It almost literally can't get worse statistically so lets go for it.

Love the quote that said he can't be much worse, he would have turn around and punt the other direction to get much worse

Advertisement
Well, ***k me, his tape is lights out. But not sure of his constant roll out to his right. That’s a tendency that can be dangerous. Do we have coaches who can tweak his technique?

maybe we can ask Feagles old man...

I stopped reading at “ Australian rules football”. Best play call made all year! He may have a bigger impact than anyone next year. When we sign a kicker who maybe an impact player day one tells you all you need to know about the state of the U.

Advertisement
Should be able to have top flight punters lining up to commit. The know they will be getting plenty of work with our offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back