Class Impact: Jason Munoz exits

Advertisement
Advertisement
Surprised Cuse took him
Great young man with a promising frame from STA. Even if it's scraps, it is nice to get their foot in that door. Calculated, reasonable take. At worse, he can medical & not count against 85. Smart.

Syracuse taking him is all optics. Perception will be that a fellow ACC school with a desire to make inroads into a school like STA "flipped" a local kid. Sorry to say, but it's going to be really tough to make an impact if he cant put on weight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He was down to around 210-220 lbs. no way obviously he could play tackle. This is best for everyone and honestly, just hope he is healthy and can continue to play. He’s had a tough year to say the least with his health.

Actually, I don't think it was a blood disorder, but a muscle disorder. My recollection is that he had rhabdomyolysis. I've read about it in the past, and i believe it is an inability to maintain muscle tissue. My impression is that it's potentially very serious. Some say it can come about from extreme overexertion of the muscles. He might have done that as part of his attempt to get bigger. He might have overworked.

When I read about his illness, I was wondering if this kid could really play football. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't feel I knew enough about the young man's particular situation or the disorder in general. Privately, I've been concerned wbout whether this kid could be jeopardizing his health by trying to get bigger to play DT.

I first read about rhabdomyolysis years ago when I first took a statin drug (like Crestor, Lipitor, pravachol, etc.) for cholesterol. Muscle disorders can be a rare, but painful and serious side-effect. Overworking muscles can cause rhabdomyolysis.

EDIT: This explains the very serious disorder that I think Munoz has had to contend with. Frankly, I think this kid should not even attempt to play football. He could be jeopardizing his life. It's that serious.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhabdomyolysis

Last edited:
Man that kid looks like a differnt person from his pics in the summer. Hopefully he regains his weight and has a great career.
What he needs to do is one of two things! A. Get that **** tape worm out of him. Or B.(which is obviously what he has to do duh 🙄) Is go find the **** Gypsy that put a curse on him and kick is *** and break his children’s fingers and get him to bake him a Gottdamm Pie 🥧 !!! Look 👀 up the movie Thinner Cain!!!

What he needs to do is one of two things! A. Get that **** tape worm out of him. Or B.(which is obviously what he has to do duh 🙄) Is go find the **** Gypsy that put a curse on him and kick is *** and break his children’s fingers and get him to bake him a Gottdamm Pie 🥧 !!! Look 👀 up the movie Thinner Cain!!!
I saw thinner that’s a classic man.

Advertisement
Back