Class Impact: Jason Blissett to Miami

Next years DL looking really rough
We are multiple years of sub par interior defense line recruiting into this staffs tenure. We don't have the kids on campus yet that will need to be upper classmens for it to stop looking rough. Its not just next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watching the tape it's clear his competition is weak but the only good thing is that he is dominating. I would be concerned if he had trouble. He looks very quick and strong, probably a 3-technique. He probably needs to redshirt a year just to get adjusted to the level of speed.

Poly Prep does send players to majors D-1 school in the past so this is not some random HS in NY.

Clarify. I'm not impressed with NY football in general. Not impressed with this staff's ability to recruit interior lineman. I hope this kid pans out but he feels to me like Jordan Miller 2.0. We won't know until 2-3 years if he is any good. In 2-3 years ill take my W or L like a man. Everyone here an expert? Lmao.

lol, Wow. Like anybody has to be an expert in player evals in order to see the absurdity in someone making an evaluation based on loose intangibles like what area of the country the kid comes from instead of, oh I dunno, watching the video footage of the kid (posted in the OP no less) actually playing football. Just a lazy, admittedly underinformed evaluation by you...

Advertisement
Watching the tape it's clear his competition is weak but the only good thing is that he is dominating. I would be concerned if he had trouble. He looks very quick and strong, probably a 3-technique. He probably needs to redshirt a year just to get adjusted to the level of speed.

Poly Prep does send players to majors D-1 school in the past so this is not some random HS in NY.
i agree

Coach's personal evaluations better than stars
Sometimes. sometimes not. The coach really has to be an elite evaluator to be better than the consensus of his peers. Fit for scheme counts also, acknowledged. But we do not yet know enough to declare Simpson an elite evaluator.

Have to trust the coaches on this one.

Speaking of the back flipping DT...does The U recruit Samoa? We need to.

Advertisement
Why can’t Miami recruit top DT’s? Look at the roster for next season, plenty of playing time to go around yet they can’t get a guy like Davis

Advertisement
Confidence levels are declining for me. As for DT, come on man, New York? Why stop there? They should have gone to Iceland or Poland and grabbed a Viking. You know got **** well that is sort of a stretch with NY. But we'll see with time. Time will tell.
Well, you've certainly taken a stand. I'll give you that. In 3 years someone is bumping this thread and calling someone else out. Until then, I'll wish for the best for us on this one. We've had some good players from New York before. We'll see.

Well, you've certainly taken a stand. I'll give you that. In 3 years someone is bumping this thread and calling someone else out. Until then, I'll wish for the best for us on this one. We've had some good players from New York before. We'll see.

"Some" is almost an overstatement. Leon Williams (LB) that played with Beason was from NY yes? I think that is who all I know from NY in past UM teams. Leon was decent and not a game changer. I remember he was yoked up like a mf. But yeah, we'll see.

Advertisement
Back