Class Impact: Jacolby George to Miami, Part 2

View as article
Advertisement
How deep is this class for WR that this kid is #34 at his position?[/B]

I like George. I like that he’s a good route runner, and he seems to be running away from people. Spread offense will make him even better.
7th best WR in Florida according to 247 composite....not bad considering our poor product on the field.....my question is
how does he compare to the top 3 Brooks, Williams and Hall?

We need Alexis in a bad bad way. Hes a bad man and no way no how is he a 3 star, that ****ts a joke. Id place him dam near the top of any wr board. Him Leary and that dude up in Washington or some where up that way, them 3 are game changers.
Agreed. Miami should always sign at least 1 WR that is considered a game changer.

Advertisement
I rather what I see from him then harleys 40 time and him tripping over his own feet and losing 3 yards a catch on the regular
So surprised he hasn't did well for us but that's what happens when your main comp is WVU

I rather what I see from him then harleys 40 time and him tripping over his own feet and losing 3 yards a catch on the regular

Coley was also “too fast” and tripped himself up all the time.

as someone else already posted 4.7 in high school as a sophomore is fast. With proper weight training and natural maturity he could get in the 4.5 range which is plenty fast to be a high level D1 WR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What are your guys thoughts on George? I’m asking genuinely because his tape doesn’t really pop out to me. With that being said, you can’t ignore his production.

What are your guys thoughts on George? I’m asking genuinely because his tape doesn’t really pop out to me. With that being said, you can’t ignore his production.

Perfect for this scheme. Extremely athletic and elite after the catch with the pill which is something we don’t have AT ALL right now. I havent looked at his film this year, don’t need to. The production is top notch. Forget his 40 numbers, look at what he does on the field. I think he is capable of playing inside or outside. His arms are long and plays bigger than his size. Once he puts some weight on it’s going to get nasty. I am very excited about all of our WRs.

Perfect for this scheme. Extremely athletic and elite after the catch with the pill which is something we don’t have AT ALL right now. I havent looked at his film this year, don’t need to. The production is top notch. Forget his 40 numbers, look at what he does on the field. I think he is capable of playing inside or outside. His arms are long and plays bigger than his size. Once he puts some weight on it’s going to get nasty. I am very excited about all of our WRs.
Who’s your favorite WR commit?

Advertisement
Who’s your favorite WR commit?

Smith but I love them all and they all are different guys and bring different ish to the table IMO.

We just havent had a guy like Smith in quite some time. That is the reason why Redding was my favorite recruit period we signed last class. We hadn’t signed a grown man at WR in years, he was that. Watching him and Brinson battle for that #1 spot in years to come will be fun.

Smith is what Bruce was supposed to be. He may be short but he aint “small”, he will be a load to tackle and he can score from anywhere on the field. His type of explosion in this offense is something we aren’t getting from 3/6/8 and something we desperately need. Those guys have elevated their game, but they aint 0-60 as fast as Smith is nor are they as tough as he is. He makes the defenders pay for tackling him, while those guys, specifically 6/8, go down if you touch their shoestring.

Although Toney is playing great ball this year, I don’t like that comparison. Before this year I thought Toney was just a product of being fed a ton, more of a gadget guy who would occasionally bust a big play. He looks like a legit guy this year and has taken his game to another level. It may be lazy, and I am obviously not saying he will be what he is but the Tyreke comparison is spot on IMO. Strong, compact, extremely tough with the ball in his hands and fast as all ****. Very, very dangerous weapon that is A+ scheme fit for us.

But again, excited for all of them especially when you add them to the 20 crop. That should make for some great competition.

Smith but I love them all and they all are different guys and bring different ish to the table IMO.

We just havent had a guy like Smith in quite some time. That is the reason why Redding was my favorite recruit period we signed last class. We hadn’t signed a grown man at WR in years, he was that. Watching him and Brinson battle for that #1 spot in years to come will be fun.

Smith is what Bruce was supposed to be. He may be short but he aint “small”, he will be a load to tackle and he can score from anywhere on the field. His type of explosion in this offense is something we aren’t getting from 3/6/8 and something we desperately need. Those guys have elevated their game, but they aint 0-60 as fast as Smith is nor are they as tough as he is. He makes the defenders pay for tackling him, while those guys, specifically 6/8, go down if you touch their shoestring.

Although Toney is playing great ball this year, I don’t like that comparison. Before this year I thought Toney was just a product of being fed a ton, more of a gadget guy who would occasionally bust a big play. He looks like a legit guy this year and has taken his game to another level. It may be lazy, and I am obviously not saying he will be what he is but the Tyreke comparison is spot on IMO. Strong, compact, extremely tough with the ball in his hands and fast as all ****. Very, very dangerous weapon that is A+ scheme fit for us.

But again, excited for all of them especially when you add them to the 20 crop. That should make for some great competition.
I'm glad you made the Sam Bruce comparison.

Thats a comp I've thought about but haven't posted bc I thought ppl would take it the wrong way.

I'm glad you made the Sam Bruce comparison.

Thats a comp I've thought about but haven't posted bc I thought ppl would take it the wrong way.

Loved Bruce as a player. I mean, we wouldn’t have used him right and he probably would not have done much here but unfortunate that it didn’t work out.

Advertisement
Back