Class Impact: Henry Gray exits

Advertisement
So when a kid tries to troll Miami, you think it's okay. And I still remember my HS days and I can't ever recall myself or anyone joking about which college they were going to. If this doesn't work out for the kid, it's a good lesson that maybe he should try treating things more seriously from here on out and stop trying to troll so much.
Never said it was okay. I'm just rationalizing their actions for understanding. How long has it been since you were in high school? I'm 24 years old and can tell you right now my generation is full of narcissitic people who revel in a high volume of likes to their social media pages. Guess what? It's only worsening with each passing generation. These kids are different, that's why we should appreciate kids like Don Chaney who handle their business in a professional manner.

I can understand that. No argument here with that statement. I'm just not going to kill a kid like Issiah Walker for not handling his recruitment in a professional manner as some of these kids just aren't there yet mentally.

That's fair. Honestly, with Walker, I don't believe he has done anything egregious to UM. Could he handle the process better? Absolutely. But he's not actively clowning anyone (USCe may disagree) and has praise for our staff. Hopefully that continues.

I can understand that. No argument here with that statement. I'm just not going to kill a kid like Issiah Walker for not handling his recruitment in a professional manner as some of these kids just aren't there yet mentally.
What has walker done to warrant message board criticism?

Yall need to settle down and let the kid make his decision. It’s HIS decision.

Advertisement
I’m sure a g5 will offer him or FCS. I doubt he drops out of FBS though. He may go to the MAC or AAC. He can still make the league from there. Most of all he’ll get a free education. I also can see a PAC 12 school offering, just because. He may not get the p5 offers he expected but I think he’ll still be D1.
Not saying he is; but some of these kids aren't even worried about the free education. They just see college as a placeholder for the league in 3 to 5 years; which is a shame. The percentage of guys who get drafted is small. And those who actually make it to their second contract is even less.
They need to be prepared for life after 30 it they do make it.

Not saying he is; but some of these kids aren't even worried about the free education. They just see college as a placeholder for the league in 3 to 5 years; which is a shame. The percentage of guys who get drafted is small. And those who actually make it to their second contract is even less.
They need to be prepared for life after 30 it they do make it.

Yea you’re right. I agree it is a shame but being an educator myself, I see most kids operating in that capacity. Whether they’re athletes or not. Most kids don’t know what they want to major in or they are forced into major they have no interest in. A lot of students use school as a placeholder because either their parents or parents’ friends promise them a job as long as they graduate. So many things can happen to disrupt that commitment. I see it as they are just playing system. One thing for sure, unless he doesn’t try he’s going to graduate with a degree in something.

Now back to your point, it’s unfortunate that students aren’t well informed regarding college.

Advertisement
Yea you’re right. I agree it is a shame but being an educator myself, I see most kids operating in that capacity. Whether they’re athletes or not. Most kids don’t know what they want to major in or they are forced into major they have no interest in. A lot of students use school as a placeholder because either their parents or parents’ friends promise them a job as long as they graduate. So many things can happen to disrupt that commitment. I see it as they are just playing system. One thing for sure, unless he doesn’t try he’s going to graduate with a degree in something.

Now back to your point, it’s unfortunate that students aren’t well informed regarding college.
Mad props to you for being an educator. Wifey is one also (1st grade) and you guys are completely underrated, underpaid and underappreciated.
Keep fighting the fight tho!

Mad props to you for being an educator. Wifey is one also (1st grade) and you guys are completely underrated, underpaid and underappreciated.
Keep fighting the fight tho!

Thank you. I appreciate it. And the same to you and your wife. Tell her to continue with her great work. Believe me, without your support her job would be 10x more difficult. It’s an already mentally exhausting role but having someone there to hear you out goes a long way. I’m sure she receives that type of support from you too.

Don’t come around here as capt save a hoe. If he had the chance he’d stab us in the heart. F out of here with “he’s just a boy” when he has to decide between Arizona and Syracuse

Advertisement
Thank you. I appreciate it. And the same to you and your wife. Tell her to continue with her great work. Believe me, without your support her job would be 10x more difficult. It’s an already mentally exhausting role but having someone there to hear you out goes a long way. I’m sure she receives that type of support from you too.
Me and my kids. It takes a village.

Advertisement
These DIVA recruits have been spoon fed , breast fed nippled and even high school pooned enabled and think the real world is like that andthere men of the world. The only people who can get this are illegal immigrants that's it .

I don't give a hoot about these babies , I WANT THE ZIONS OF THE WORLD.

PULL ALL THE OFFERS IF THEY DECOMMIT EVERY DARN ONE

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back