Class Impact: Damarius Good to Miami

View as article
We plucked the DE from Cali (who was the highest rated player in the class) and Jeff Thomas 2 years ago. Then Brevin Jordan and a stud QB this year. So UM has gotten elite talent from out of state. That’s already happened.
This class needs to close much stronger because it’s not looking great considering all the W’s and our in state rivals sucking with coaching changes. There’s no way to sugarcoat it. Hopefully we’ll close like Bama and UGA did last year.

Miami ain’t got those bags to close in that fashion.

Advertisement
Ivins just put out some smoke saying he doesn't know if Chris Steele OV to us on the 16th will happen. Looking more and more like this UF hype is real smh... @Brooklyndee any input into what's happening?

I asked if Steele cancelled. Ivins said not as of this morning but that he didn't think the staff would fight for an OV in the summer for a kid from the West Coast.

I just read the story the UF guy wrote for 247 after Steele's visit ended today. Basically says he would commit to UF if he was doing it today . Says Steele is attracted to the "player development" of DBs there- they put guys in the league. - Notes Steele has an OV on 6/22 to USC which they feel is their biggest competition. Guess we shall see.

Saw some pics in uniform - they had him in that awful camo uniform they wore last season.

I asked if Steele cancelled. Ivins said not as of this morning but that he didn't think the staff would fight for an OV in the summer for a kid from the West Coast.

I just read the story the UF guy wrote for 247 after Steele's visit ended today. Basically says he would commit to UF if he was doing it today . Says Steele is attracted to the "player development" of DBs there- they put guys in the league. - Notes Steele has an OV on 6/22 to USC which they feel is their biggest competition. Guess we shall see.

Saw some pics in uniform - they had him in that awful camo uniform they wore last season.

Based on what? Brand new staff who's DB coach was in Tennessee last year. Prior to that he was at UNC for 2 and Nebraska for one after spending a few at the Air Force. Even the safety coach was only at Miss State for one year after being at San Jose State and Eastern Michigan.

Based on what? Brand new staff who's DB coach was in Tennessee last year. Prior to that he was at UNC for 2 and Nebraska for one after spending a few at the Air Force. Even the safety coach was only at Miss State for one year after being at San Jose State and Eastern Michigan.

Steele's dad is apparently good friends with UF's DB coach. Similar situation to Henderson's dad and Randy

I wonder why he wouldn’t want to at least visit? Doesn’t make sense unless someone is persuading him he doesn’t need to.

Advertisement
At what point does our fanbase stop mentioning Wisconsin and other good, but never ever going to win a National Championship type teams? Stop comparing us to these programs located in the outback of talent.

UF and FSU ... Bad last year, but have won national championships with high blue Chip ratios...not sure what your point is.

Facts are facts, CFB is an arms race. If you don't understand this basic concept, then there is no discussion to be had. It's a fundamental law of the jungle. You can pick whatever outlier players you want, Bama, Ohio State, and Clemson have busts that count to BCR too. Doesn't change the law.

The law?

Jesus christ star ***** are the absolute worst. Recruiting rankings have only been around 15 years, yet somehow there's some long established rule of what defines whether you can win.

And when teams with high BCR ratios don't do well, you dismiss it as outliers, even though it happens so often that it defies the actual definition of an outlier.

The law?

Jesus christ star ***** are the absolute worst. Recruiting rankings have only been around 15 years, yet somehow there's some long established rule of what defines whether you can win.

And when teams with high BCR ratios don't do well, you dismiss it as outliers, even though it happens so often that it defies the actual definition of an outlier.

15 years of blue chip ratio teams winning national championships would qualify as a long established rule that defines whether you can win a national championship.

You clearly just have an incorrect opinion or a misguided idea of what you need to win. You can't even really back up your argument with anything qualitative...you just throw out nonsense like "star whores" as if that actually refutes the point. It doesn't. Fact is, a team's blue chip ratio over the previous four seasons is a pre-requisite to winning a national championship. I couldn't give less of a fvck what Wisconsin or Washington or Iowa or any other outlier team does. They will never win a national championship in the modern landscape of college football. Last year 3/4 playoff teams were BCR teams. The previous year was 2/4. All non-BCR teams lost in the first round of the playoff. The data that supports talent = championships is long. This is the University of Miami where we are defined by the national championships we win. Any data that supports nonsense like Wisconsin or Washington being the model we should follow is laughable.

Also, your point about teams with high BCR that don't do well? It doesn't matter. Its a red herring. To quote every single blue chip article...

"...winning in college football takes talent acquisition, development and deployment. I agree. But Gene Chizik has a national title, while Mark Dantonio and Gary Patterson do not; acquisition is by far the most important element. By NCAA rule, coaches get just 20 hours per week with their players. Only so much development can be done."

Last edited:
Gene Chizik paid for his National Championship and was ran out of town 2 years later when the bag money ran out.
And Patterson was ripped off a few yrs ago when Ohio St jumped them to get into playoff...even though TCU won their previous game 40-3...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back