Class Impact: Cornelius Nunn to Miami

FYI Rivals has him and Crowley as two Florida prospects on the rise, both will most likely be getting a fourth star in their next rankings.

Cornelius Nunn
Nunn has taken over more than one game this season and his versatility and speed are becoming impossible to deny. The three-star prospect had a solid offseason and his carrying that momentum into his senior year.

A one-time Syracuse commit, the dynamic athlete recently backed away from his pledge and is thought to be leaning toward Miami, though nothing on that front is official. Nunn plays both ways on the high school level but his college future is likely at defensive back.
Fourth star? They gone?

Advertisement
Advertisement
J. Battle & both of his parents are trash! Apparently, they have zero class

Let’s back up here; u saw where Steph posted he was ignored for most of the cycle? We kinda did it to ourselves, too, brody. We almost botched Nunn, too.

Advertisement
I wish someone would pull MAR aside and explain just how much $ hes going to lose playing RB..

I get wanted to ball in your hands but man teams wont play anyone to carry the ball anymore (Gurley excluded).
We need Mark Antony to be a part of our family. Not only is he a baller but he is a great kid who exudes character and class. Tell him that he can pick his position if that's what needs to happen in order to win this battle with Auburn. I'm not suggesting that we tell him what he wants to hear. I'm suggesting that Richt actually allows the kid to pick his position.

It is often said that no one player is bigger than the program and while I do agree with that sentiment, the cold hard facts of the situation are that we need MAR more than he needs us. We are in no position as a program to risk losing a player and person of his caliber because the staff feels his upside may be higher at DB. Let him pick offense or defense. Let him play both ways. Heck, let him punt too! Let him wear #82 to honor his brother if he chooses offense or #21 if he wishes to keep his current #. Just get him into the program!

We need Mark Antony to be a part of our family. Not only is he a baller but he is a great kid who exudes character and class. Tell him that he can pick his position if that's what needs to happen in order to win this battle with Auburn. I'm not suggesting that we tell him what he wants to hear. I'm suggesting that Richt actually allows the kid to pick his position.

It is often said that no one player is bigger than the program and while I do agree with that sentiment, the cold hard facts of the situation are that we need MAR more than he needs us. We are in no position as a program to risk losing a player and person of his caliber because the staff feels his upside may be higher at DB. Let him pick offense or defense. Let him play both ways. Heck, let him punt too! Let him wear #82 to honor his brother if he chooses offense or #21 if he wishes to keep his current #. Just get him into the program!

It's pretty settled we are recruiting him at RB.

Advertisement
What did Smith actually do in 2017 to determine he has regressed in 2018 ? Perhaps the reason he was beat out is because Finley has developed into a quality player.

Advertisement
Looks like Miami is making sure they don’t lose this kid to auburn. Smart move by Richt and Brown. Got Nunn and Smith committed and hopefully can land Stevenson somehow. This will allow us to put MAR on offense where he really wants to be to start.
Why ,so he can get 1 or 2 touches a game?

What did Smith actually do in 2017 to determine he has regressed in 2018 ? Perhaps the reason he was beat out is because Finley has developed into a quality player.

Regressed may be too strong a world given he is only a sophomore and only played in spots, so I will adjust my use of that word.. He hasn’t progressed as he should. The Striker was virtually taylor made for his skill set and he doesn’t seem comfortable in that position. The fact that Finley beat him out at that position is telling given Finley has rarely seen the field on defense prior to this season. But in the little play time he has had this season, he has made 0 impact plays (unless you consider the negative impact of the targeting penalty). He has missed quite a few tackles in space and was lost in coverage earlier in the season when we gave up the run of points against FIU. He was expected to be a beast this year and he is far from that.

Regarding Smith, I don't think it's an indictment losing out to Finley considering Finley is actually making plays this year. He seems to have taken a nice jump. Maybe it's just me, but Smith is a kid that I'd like to see grab a shirt.

Advertisement
Back