Class Impact: Corey Flagg to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Your 40 means less if you know what the play is before it happens.

Your 40 doesn’t mean a thing if it takes you 2 seconds to realize what’s happening on the play.

Kid played like his rep indicated, which is great to see.
He got ate up a few times which is normal for a true fr but I was blown away how fast he diagnosed plays. He made the play a couple times , once making TL cutback into a defender and others he read it but didn’t get the tackle. My guy just needs a smaller jersey, he makes Sam Bradfords jersey look skin tight.

I’ll just say this.....they better make some changes or there’s going to be a huge mess on manny’s hands. You keep rolling the same kids out there and they’re grading out awful isn’t good for the other players. That’s not hyperbole , that’s real talk.

Last edited:
I’ll just say this.....they better make some changes or there’s going to bs a huge mess on manny’s hands. You keep rolling the same kids out there and they’re grading out awful isn’t good for the other players. That’s not hyperbole , that’s real talk.
I’ll just say this.....they better make some changes or there’s going to bs a huge mess on manny’s hands. You keep rolling the same kids out there and they’re grading out awful isn’t good for the other players. That’s not hyperbole , that’s real talk.
And here. We. Go.

I knew that the linebacker crew (Jennings & McCloud) was going to kill us this game. Brooks and Flagg were better than the starters.

Bolden was awesome and if it wasn’t for a great punter like Hedley, which he kept flipping the field with his no return deep punts, they score 60 on us on a short field.

Amari Carter targeting killed us also.

Venables went all in shutting down the TE and the run and dared our ****** receivers to beat them. Expect teams to copy that even though they don’t have the Clemson athletes.
Not a homer but I don’t see anyone else on the schedule as capable of dominating our offense like Clemson

Advertisement
This is what frustrates me with Blake Baker...

You find a gem like Flagg at a powerhouse school like North Shore & then you just never recruit there again...

Baker is literally from Houston & hardly ever offers any Defensive players from down there, it makes no sense. And Houston is a region mind you, that has just as many NFL players as Miami/Broward & produces just as many, if not more high level talent in every class.

But it seems to me it might be a Manny issue, Manny probably only wants certain players & stresses on only recruiting certain regions, idk for a fact but when you look at our LB & CB recruiting over the last 4 years something just doesn't add up philosophically.

And it's not like kids from that region wouldn't be interested or are all staying home because they're not, Bama, Clemson, LSU, UGA, Oh St & Auburn have all made a killing down in HTown, especially with UT, TAMU & Baylor being down.
All baker and Patke have to do is come home.. I’ll plug them to the streets. I told baker that in my living room a year ago when he came to catch up with my brother. I’ll take him to Kamp Houston one night with me and talk ball and I’ll get the right people in the room for him to get who he wants. He just gotta wanna do it. Patke too. He’s a cypress kid there’s a lot of talent here. My neighbor is the 42nd player in the nation..

Yea I don't get these guys. Miami has had some nice players from Texas starting with Armstead and my favorite cane of all time Kevin Williams. Tremain Mack Daryl Jones etc. Armstead and Williams were from Dallas but yeas they need to hit Texas up for some of those speedsters they have. Instead they settle for clown players like Harley.
Chris Campbell, AC Tellison, KC Jones, CJ Richardson, Derrick Harris, Bubba Franks, Jonathan Harris

Advertisement
I’ll just say this.....they better make some changes or there’s going to be a huge mess on manny’s hands. You keep rolling the same kids out there and they’re grading out awful isn’t good for the other players. That’s not hyperbole , that’s real talk.
he coaches and subs like if his roster is full of first rounders, and todays kids got no stamina always looking to sub themselves the minute they get the chance they tapping that helmet like crazy. Perryman would be out there at time he tapped his helmet and still stood in, I remember that beast love him as a player man. Where are those savages?

He got ate up a few times which is normal for a true fr but I was blown away how fast he diagnosed plays. He made the play a couple times , once making TL cutback into a defender and others he read it but didn’t get the tackle. My guy just needs a smaller jersey, he makes Sam Bradfords jersey look skin tight.
He needs to play more, not sure he starts just yet, but he needs to see the field a lot more.

Advertisement
Real talk is right. That honeymoon with McCloud and Jennings is officially over!!!! Time to move on. Let's get the young but talented kids some real experience. I need to see Brooks at Will and Flagg at Mike.

I admit that I was on the fence with Flagg because I let myself be influenced by that 40 time and the height was also a concern at 5'10". I liked his film very much but was very skeptical of what he could do at this level. I never expected the kid to pick the Clemson game for his "baptism", but let me tell you. When I went back and watched the game again I came away very impressed. Considering that he was getting his first real playing time at Clemson and the fact that he is a true freshman and that was the teams 4th game, he played extremely well. Get this kid more reps immediately! Start Brooks and Flagg this week vs Pitt. Considering what he did Saturday was his first taste of P5 football, I'm willing to bet that he will improve rapidly.

And one more thing. Austin-Cave and Huff should be the next two in. The is literally no point of trotting McCloud, Jennings or Steed out there unless it's garbage time. No offense to them and nothing personal but they have had their shot.

Last edited:
JJ, Dennis, and Butch had a lot of Texas guys. Many of the dudes I listed were JAGs, but the point is that there is tremendous precedent for having a significant Texas contingent.
Of course. I'm with you man. I was just trying to see how many names I could think of on the spot!

He needs to play more, not sure he starts just yet, but he needs to see the field a lot more.
At this point, the way things have gone with our current LBs, I think I'm willing to take the risk of starting him which is really not the actual risk here. The true risk would be to keep trotting out McCloud and Jennings.

Advertisement
It’s annoying that this kid is better than Jennings and mccloud already haha happy bc I liked him out of high school but man are our older backers trash. FIRE PATKE

Flagg is the perfect example of how playing big time football in HS has prepared him for college. For him to get on the field when there was basically no spring football is a testament to the coaching he received in HS.

Northshore plays a national schedule and has 4 & 5 star kids on their roster. The jump in competition isn't as large for flagg and he isn't surprised by the change of pace or speed he has encountered on the collegiate level.

Flagg is the perfect example of how playing big time football in HS has prepared him for college. For him to get on the field when there was basically no spring football is a testament to the coaching he received in HS.

Northshore plays a national schedule and has 4 & 5 star kids on their roster. The jump in competition isn't as large for flagg and he isn't surprised by the change of pace or speed he has encountered on the collegiate level.
Kid was also Defensive MVP of the Texas state championship game. He shows up.

Advertisement
Back