Class Impact: Adam ElGammal to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I think the kid was taken strictly on the school name alone. Lol. I’m sure that had Richt church lady dancing in the living room. Lol.

But for real, and I’m being dead serious:
If Richt don’t change his offensive philosophy, based upon this new personnel he’s recruiting, I would hate him more than Golden.

Our trench game is "oof", at best, and anyone disagreeing is just being a disingenuous homer at this point. He’s trying to incorporate a power run concept that our OL under both his and Searels watch ain’t fit to do!

And LOL at posters saying that OLmen in the NFL are mostly two stars. First off, there’s not many Five & Four star ranked players in comparison to 3 and 2 star players. According to 247, this year, there are only 392 players ranked as 4 star or above, compared to 2,506 3-star players and I didn’t even count the 2-stars and NR players b/c it was way too many.

Of course there’s going to be more 3 star and 2 star guys at the next level b/c of math.

For every one five-star player, there’s 74 three-star players each year. If we were to expand that to the two and NR players, well it would be more like 1:1000.

However, there were only 9 OLs ranked as 5 stars and only 37, total, ranked in the top 300 (Blue Chip Level)

Bama snagged 4 of them, and those 4 were by true position. So if u couple that w snagging the # 1 RB or a top 3 RB in the nation every year, it’s no wonder why they continue to win.

U don’t win chips by recruiting a Top 1200 OLman. U win chips by recruiting, at worst, top 400 OLman.

Last edited:
Delone Scaife probably shouldn’t have played much as a true freshman that didn’t really have the strength you’re looking at the Power 5 level. He started at RT with mixed results, and he’s really more of a guard type that is better suited to stay on the right side if anything.

I'm not sure about some of this. There are True Frosh like Scaife (and worse) playing all over the country. Why shouldn't he have played much? On occasion, he was actually our best OL. His mixed results were often his own breakdowns; other times had as much to do with playing in a predictable system where his opponents already had a jump or the D-Coordinator was blasting away at our calls - causing mass confusion and communication issues between OL.

While he has seemed like a prototype Guard, it's evident he has the length and feet to play RT at the college level. In fact, as edge rushers continue to evolve, we'll likely see more and more tackles who have great feet over big, strong guys.

I like Scaife more outside than i do in the interior.He has real good feet. As his strength gets better look out. He held his own this year.

Advertisement
A DC can send repeated Corner blitzes at our predictable calls and we never adjust. Another example are the A-gap blitzes and twists teams send when our Guards couldn't communicate, switch responsibilities or move their feet. It happened in real life.
Which is why imo not saying our oline is great by any means but richts playcalling makes them look much worse than they actually are

hidden gem never to be discovered and stay hidden, only to be sunshine pumped by the mods and higher ups on CIS. By this time next year he will be an AA on here, they will take one camp clip where he did well and run with that **** till the wheels fall off
JAG U

Which is why imo not saying our oline is great by any means but richts playcalling makes them look much worse than they actually are
Exactly, There is absolutely no excuse this next season for Searles and his Fighting Stacy's on the O Line. He will have "his" guys in the program for going on 3 years now, and some of those kids were 4 stars. If dude can truly develop talent and coach, next season is the final audition. If we can't get at least average play out of Gaynor, Hebert, and Hillery, with progress in Campbell, Scaife, Donaldson, and Reed...that Corch needs to go. I wanted him gone after this season, but it looks like he is not going anywhere.

I think the kid was taken strictly on the school name alone. Lol. I’m sure that had Richt church lady dancing in the living room. Lol.

But for real, and I’m being dead serious:
If Richt don’t change his offensive philosophy up based upon this new personnel he’s recruiting, I would hate him more than Golden.

Our trench game is oof, at best and anyone disagreeing is just being a disingenuous homer, at this point. He’s trying run power run concepts that our OL under his and Searels watch ain’t fit to do.

And LOL at posters saying that OLmen in the NFL are mostly two stars. First off, there’s not many Five & Four ranked players in comparison to 3 star and 2 star players. According to 247, this year, there are only 392 players ranked as 4 stars, compared to 2,506 3 star players and I didn’t even count the stars b/c it was way too many.

Of course there’s going to be more 3 star and 2 star guys at the next level b/c of math.

For every one five-star player, there’s 74 three-star players each year. If we were to expand that to the two and NR players, well it would be more like 1:1000.

However, there were only 9 OLs ranked as 5 stars and only 37, total ranked in the top 300.

Bama snagged 4 of them, and those 4 were by true position. So if u couple that w snagging the # 1 RB or a top 3 RB in the nation every year, it’s no wonder why they continue to win.

U don’t win chips by recruiting a Top 1200 OLman. U win chips by recruiting, at worst, top 400 OLman.

Dont understand why we don't mix in more of a man on man blocking scheme instead of running zone. Get a hat on a hat where the kid knows his assignment before the snap. This helps the kids simplify the game and assignments and use their strength/size advantage against lesser competition. It would also build confidence.

Advertisement
Dont understand why we don't mix in more of a man on man blocking scheme instead of running zone. Get a hat on a hat where the kid knows his assignment before the snap. This helps the kids simplify the game and assignments and use their strength/size advantage against lesser competition. It would also build confidence.

and were zone blocking with big fat non athletic guys/..it makes no sense.. Also we have wayyy to much guys that dont understand whom to have in pass pro. Its countless times where we have guys blocking air while our tackles or whomever are getting no help or letting guys run free

and were zone blocking with big fat non athletic guys/..it makes no sense.. Also we have wayyy to much guys that dont understand whom to have in pass pro. Its countless times where we have guys blocking air while our tackles or whomever are getting no help or letting guys run free

I don't know enough about O Line to know, but do we need to run zone blocking with the pseudo RPO/Spread system we run?

There's a lot of head scratching type schemes we run w/ our personnel and this is why I've called out Richt for a while. A good coach adjusts to his personnel. The way this class is shaping up on offense, it's going to be more issues...probably more questions than answers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back