Clarification needed on timeline

mafia

Recruit
My questions are purely based on/if what's being "reported" true.

Ice Harris is stating that Barrow asked for a definite answer from Kirkland. Kirkland was unable to give Barrow what he wanted so his offer was rescinded. This supposedly happened at 5pm after BTW's championship parade today. Ice states the reason for the urgency is because UM received a commitment fom a DT in the morning that was forcing Kirkland out.

If this is all correct then my questions are: What bearing did a verbal commitment from Kirkland have at that point? If he commits do they call the DT back and tell him to buzz off? If the DT commit really fills up the class why were they still seeking a commitment from Kirkland later in the day?

Something in this story is off and I truly hope it was not that Golden overplayed this one.

I don't understand the pulling of the offer from a pipeline kid who's been relatively quiet, yet we don't hear this happening with Keith Bryant. I'm starting to believe that all we hear during recruiting season is bullshyt.

Advertisement
anyway, it's clear that kirkland wasn't that high of a priority for the staff. they decided to keep spots open for other kids instead. time will tell if they ****ed up.

I'm still wondering the same, it is crazy and we really need some concrete information, enough with theories and opinions gives us the facts and settle this already.

Advertisement

Ice Harris is stating that Barrow asked for a definite answer from Kirkland. Kirkland was unable to give Barrow what he wanted so his offer was rescinded. This supposedly happened at 5pm after BTW's championship parade today. Ice states the reason for the urgency is because UM received a commitment fom a DT in the morning that was forcing Kirkland out.

If this is all correct then my questions are: What bearing did a verbal commitment from Kirkland have at that point? If he commits do they call the DT back and tell him to buzz off? If the DT commit really fills up the class why were they still seeking a commitment from Kirkland later in the day?

Something in this story is off and I truly hope it was not that Golden overplayed this one.

I don't understand the pulling of the offer from a pipeline kid who's been relatively quiet, yet we don't hear this happening with Keith Bryant. I'm starting to believe that all we hear during recruiting season is bullshyt.

That means they've already got verbals from the guys ahead Kirk & were working their way down the priority list.

Listen bro Kirk has had plenty of time & fumbled around with this. The staff has had to have asked for a decision sooner than later at least a few times. Either get on with it or bow out gracefully. There was nothing graceful about it. This is was a poor response by ICE, run right to Manny. I don't think ICE is or has been in Goldens' corner since Golden has been here. Maybe Barrow but def not Golden.

I'm sure I'll get negged for something here but in all reality this is why it's important to get this **** over with & not play games.

That means they've already got verbals from the guys ahead Kirk & were working their way down the priority list.

Listen bro Kirk has had plenty of time & fumbled around with this. The staff has had to have asked for a decision sooner than later at least a few times. Either get on with it or bow out gracefully. There was nothing graceful about it. This is was a poor response by ICE, run right to Manny. I don't think ICE is or has been in Goldens' corner since Golden has been here. Maybe Barrow but def not Golden.

I'm sure I'll get negged for something here but in all reality this is why it's important to get this **** over with & not play games.

It's tough to say too much since it seems like there is a **** load of questions but I agree for the most part. If you want in, then commit. From the sounds of it they were fine letting him commit and keep it silent so he still puts on his show? Of course, that's speculation but if thats how it happened then I'm fine with it. The staff has to cover their ***, if they had another viable candidate who wanted it, wouldn't it be worse if they said no thanks we will probably get Kirkland, then on the 6th he burns us anyways?

Again, at this point, alot seems up in the air (I didn't read the entire 33 page thread so maybe more came out?), it really sucks that this went down and could cost us other recruits possibly (6, 2014 kids?), but in the end ships are limited and you can't start passing on kids who want in now so that some 17/18 year old kid who can change his mind with the flip of a coin can have a chance to commit to you a week later.

I'm still a little ****ed about this whole scenario, after this crap blew up I had to go out for a bit before blowing up on either side, but think we should see how it plays out next week. Nothing Golden has done so far has made me think he was stupid enough to trash a pipeline school for no good reason. There HAS to be something that isn't clear right now and sadly due to ncaa rules we probably won't know. Lets just hope Golden has a plan... if he doesn't, then his tenure here may not be as long as we were thinking/hoping just a few days ago.

They pulled the offer that's fine, they'll have to deal with the fallout. But, why were they still seeking a verbal if the DT that committed in the morning had a bearing on his offer? I understand Kirkland might not be atop the pecking order, but keeping relationships with local nationally ranked programs should be. Unless we want a repeat of Central, St. Thomas, and other programs we've been cold with in the present or past. It's not like Kirkland is some scrub and were taking him to make Tim Harris happy. Programs do that crap all the time to keep their feeder schools happy this was not the case.

They pulled the offer that's fine, they'll have to deal with the fallout. But, why were they still seeking a verbal if the DT that committed in the morning had a bearing on his offer? I understand Kirkland might not be atop the pecking order, but keeping relationships with local nationally ranked programs should be. Unless we want a repeat of Central, St. Thomas, and other programs we've been cold with in the present or past. It's not like Kirkland is some scrub and were taking him to make Tim Harris happy. Programs do that crap all the time to keep their feeder schools happy this was not the case.

Just thinking of possibilities... maybe there were no spots left but the staff was willing to push someone else out or turn someone else away if he'd commit. But weren't going to do that if they weren't even sure if he was coming. And weren't going to push a kid out on signing day... at least with a week to go they could find that kid a new place?...

No insight on it... just giving a possible scenario that would answer your question.

Advertisement
Just thinking of possibilities... maybe there were no spots left but the staff was willing to push someone else out or turn someone else away if he'd commit. But weren't going to do that if they weren't even sure if he was coming. And weren't going to push a kid out on signing day... at least with a week to go they could find that kid a new place?...

No insight on it... just giving a possible scenario that would answer your question.

If Kirk wanted in you take him, over sign, cut Bench Warmer in the fall to cover scholarship.

That's how Saban does it. You perform or you're out.

394.gif

question.. didn't Kirkland say he was going to "silent commit" a week before signing day so the other coaches can do what they need to do?

what happened to this?

question.. didn't Kirkland say he was going to "silent commit" a week before signing day so the other coaches can do what they need to do?

what happened to this?

Maybe he did & it wasn't UM so Barrow came over for a talk

Advertisement

My question is if they got a DT and where still in need of Oline why not go pull Bryants scholly for all his trolling, if this is the reason.

Advertisement
Maybe he didnt get all the grade work done he needed and when Barrow asked him to commit, they wanted him to go prep? And this all got blown way out of proportion?

My question is if they got a DT and where still in need of Oline why not go pull Bryants scholly for all his trolling, if this is the reason.

why would you pull the scholly of a silent commit?

Advertisement
Back