Citizen Portal

Advertisement
If our staff told Henry Parrish, a quality RB regardless of depth chart, to kick rocks with the uncertainty of Fletch and Citizen, that would be very dumb
I disagree, Parrish was “fine” but Mario is constantly looking to upgrade every position.

Citizen was written off, Mario was never relying on him. Time for Mario to go shopping for better talent.

If we are serious about winning we need way better talent at RB than Parrish types

Real talk though, why are we struggling at the RB position with the OL and the system? Lost our #1/2 rb's from last year our potential #1 is out for most likely the year and even if he plays he won't be the same with that lys franc til it's fully healed which normally takes over a year. That's that's 3 down citizen was being talked about as the Mos complete rb til he got hurt which he honestly isn't the same anymore becsuse that stuff takes time. But what we have left is uhhh talented but small haha excited about CJ but he'll at needs a year just curious why we are so thin at this position

Advertisement
So at RB

Mark Fletcher - Currently Injured and will probably miss games
Ajay Allen - currently hurt, I assume minor
Chris Johnson
Chris Wheatley Humphrey
Jordan Lyle - will join team in Summer.
And of course Elijah Lofton - a hybrid TE/RB

…Starting to think maybe we do end up adding 2 in portal.
Will need 2 big body guys unless they are rolling with our TE at RB

If our staff told Henry Parrish, a quality RB regardless of depth chart, to kick rocks with the uncertainty of Fletch and Citizen, that would be very dumb
Na, all that matters at rb is if we land a top guy.

We didn’t need Parish and Allen both. And for parish why would he stay to be the 3A back once Fletcher returns and we land a top portal rb to be the clear #1?

Plus Chaney was always clearly leaving imo. Citizen was due to injury and Parish decision is independent of that.

Real talk though, why are we struggling at the RB position with the OL and the system? Lost our #1/2 rb's from last year our potential #1 is out for most likely the year and even if he plays he won't be the same with that lys franc til it's fully healed which normally takes over a year. That's that's 3 down citizen was being talked about as the Mos complete rb til he got hurt which he honestly isn't the same anymore becsuse that stuff takes time. But what we have left is uhhh talented but small haha excited about CJ but he'll at needs a year just curious why we are so thin at this position
IDK if I would call it struggling... first full recruiting year Mario was close to pulling in Fletch and Cedric, Cedric doesnt happen so we get Fletch who is a **** of a consolation prize and a burner at RB. Last year we were close to Lyle and Riley. Last minute bama pulls shady **** and he flips so again take a flyer on a burner. Chaney and Citizen hurt and apparently have not returned to form. Parrish is what he is. Low ceiling high floor guy. Lets see what happens in the portal before we say we are struggling.

Advertisement
IDK if I would call it struggling... first full recruiting year Mario was close to pulling in Fletch and Cedric, Cedric doesnt happen so we get Fletch who is a **** of a consolation prize and a burner at RB. Last year we were close to Lyle and Riley. Last minute bama pulls shady **** and he flips so again take a flyer on a burner. Chaney and Citizen hurt and apparently have not returned to form. Parrish is what he is. Low ceiling high floor guy. Lets see what happens in the portal before we say we are struggling.
Yeah you're right just not how I thought that group would look lol. Will admit pretty **** luck wifh injuries in that room l.

Advertisement
I disagree, Parrish was “fine” but Mario is constantly looking to upgrade every position.

Citizen was written off, Mario was never relying on him. Time for Mario to go shopping for better talent.

If we are serious about winning we need way better talent at RB than Parrish types
I agree we need better, but there’s a huge gap between all-conference and processed out.

Advertisement
Wondering how many of you saying we need at least 2 in the portal are going to be complaining in the fall when Lyle and Johnson aren’t getting any touches.

Valid comment about top 4 missing time with injuries, but we still only played 4 running backs. Assuming Fletcher misses the year and we’re able to bring in a lead back and no other transfers out we’ll have 5 backs likely seeing touches: portal, Allen, Lyle, Johnson, Lofton.

Seems like there’s much higher priorities than a 2nd portal rb

Wondering how many of you saying we need at least 2 in the portal are going to be complaining in the fall when Lyle and Johnson aren’t getting any touches.

Valid comment about top 4 missing time with injuries, but we still only played 4 running backs. Assuming Fletcher misses the year and we’re able to bring in a lead back and no other transfers out we’ll have 5 backs likely seeing touches: portal, Allen, Lyle, Johnson, Lofton.

Seems like there’s much higher priorities than a 2nd portal rb

Not me. I want good players playing, idc about the players feelings. CFB has turned into a year by year show. You get the best players you can each year for the upcoming season and worry about everything else when you cross that bridge.

Btw, people keep bringing up Lofton. Lofton is only playing RB out of necessity. He isn’t a RB and shouldn’t be factored into a short or long term equation IMO. If Chaney and/or Parrish hadn’t left and Fletch was healthy, he would be getting zero RB carries. He shouldn’t be a reason listed as to why we shouldn’t be looking at more than 1 RB IMO.

“He looked like the best RB this spring though!!!”. Well that aint really saying much….

Advertisement
Back