CIS report on WQAM - Thursday, April 13th

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0205.PNG

Here is my weekly segment with Orlando Alzugaray of 560 WQAM presented by CanesWear. You can listen at the link below.

https://embed.radio.com/clip/617957...257-49&rollup_ga_id=UA-2438645-53&r20id=67702

Visit CanesWear.com for sales up to 50% off on Miami Heat and Florida Panthers gear.

Advertisement
Good stuff Pete. Big 'O' trying to school you for being young, forgets he's dealing with da Gaww

Advertisement
I don't get why people are so negative about full contact during scrimmages? Walton probably gets tackled 20-30 times a practice, each of the WRs and TEs takes 5+ hits from guys coming downhill, often times exposed. How often do QBs get injured, even in game time? I would bet it's much less than RBs, TEs, OL, WRs. If you have 3-4 guys who are interchangeable, then you need to evaluate their abilities by simulating the game as best as possible.

Pete, it's pretty clear your money is on Shirreffs. All the players seem to think it's Shirreffs or Rosier from their answers during media Q&A. Does anyone really think Perry can step in next month and take that starting role from 2 guys who are competing like crazy and have been on campus 2-3+ years?

I don't get why people are so negative about full contact during scrimmages? Walton probably gets tackled 20-30 times a practice, each of the WRs and TEs takes 5+ hits from guys coming downhill, often times exposed. How often do QBs get injured, even in game time? I would bet it's much less than RBs, TEs, OL, WRs. If you have 3-4 guys who are interchangeable, then you need to evaluate their abilities by simulating the game as best as possible.

Pete, it's pretty clear your money is on Shirreffs. All the players seem to think it's Shirreffs or Rosier from their answers during media Q&A. Does anyone really think Perry can step in next month and take that starting role from 2 guys who are competing like crazy and have been on campus 2-3+ years?

Evan will take the first snap Saturday September 2. vs Bethune

I'm ready...r u?

Advertisement

Evan will take the first snap Saturday September 2. vs Bethune

I'm ready...r u?

So the lead is so big that if he played poorly in the next two scrimmages the coaches would just chalk it up to a bad day? Or is Shirreffs so far advanced there is no chance he could play poorly in the scrimmages or in fall camp?

Well, CD said Perry needs to blow the doors off the Caddy in order for him to be noticed, so I'll be leaving my vehicle at the body shop when Fall practice rolls back around. Not taking any chances, but by the sound of things in interviews Shirreffs looks like the choice. We will see soon enough.

Sounds like Shirreffs is the tallest midget. Hopefully Perry is the real deal but it's a longshot that he'll be ready start on day 1.

Even if Perry is the future starter, barring injury, or incredibly poor play by the guys in front of him, he will redshirt this year. I am 100% fine with that. Give him a year to acclimate to college life and to Richts' system. Now if the guys in front of him can't get the job done, by all means, bring on the freshman. I just don't see Richt as chomping at the bit to get "his" QB on the field ASAP unless disaster strikes.

I think a lot of people are selling Shirreffs short, and will continue to do so every chance they get. It's going to be a brutal year with every incomplete pass being judged against what the 4th string backup could do. Embrace the starter, his backup, and every backup on the roster. Let's just win, for a change. If it's with Perry, if it's Shirreffs, if it's Dallas running the wildcat, I just don't care. Just win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back