CIS Civil War: Honestly numb to these losses it’s actually the board that makes this process suck

Dghustla

Junior
Yeah I said 15-0 at the beginning of the season.

But I knew it wouldn’t happen.

The reality is that for a solid 15 years we’ve have unexplainable embarrassing losses and have hit “rock bottom” several times.

What I’ve learned is that either the coach fixes it or they don’t and in 4 years the cycle starts again.

And that goes for every college football team…

I also know that anything worth having takes time to get.

It’s not the players or the coaches it’s the entire team.

The players didn’t quit last night. I saw serval times when I thought we would get a penality for something after the whistle.

Even when being rolled on the score board we refused to lay down.

The problem is that when the ball is snapped you have to actually play football, shed/hold blocks, make tackles, get open, throw and catch…all the things we aren’t good at.

Gattis is obviously a Dan Enos type fraud.

But what really makes these losses suck more than watching is what happens on the boards.

I all for the criticism of the players and staff but at least be articulate, funny, creative, or bring something new to the table.

Some of y’all acting like Gator fans right now.

Advertisement
Sonny Dykes… year one at TCU… has his team undefeated and in the CFP mix.

Lincoln Riley… year one at USC… has his team in the top 10 with one loss.

Mario inherited a more talented team than TCU or USC and he was given a blank check to hire his coaching staff. He also had access to the transfer portal to fill personnel needs.

Your “Wait 4 years”, “It’s perfectly fine to get blown out at home by the likes of Middle Tennessee State, Duke, and FSU” thought process is pathetic.

Mario inherited a more talented team than TCU or USC and he was given a blank check to hire his coaching staff. He also had access to the transfer portal to fill personnel needs.

Your “Wait 4 years”, “It’s perfectly fine to get blown out at home by the likes of Middle Tennessee State, Duke, and FSU” thought process is pathetic.
List the talent Mario inherited... especially the more talented ones than TCU and USC.....

This team does not have a whole lot of talent. Stars dont count as talent.

Advertisement

Talent? The players that lost to FIU, La Tech and just about any other team with a pulse? We don’t have elite talent - that is the main problem.

Talent? The players that lost to FIU, La Tech and just about any other team with a pulse? We don’t have elite talent - that is the main problem.
Neither did Duke. Yet they went from 3 games to a 7 or 8 win season.

We went from scoring close to 40 pts a game last year under TVD to the realistic possibility that we score no touchdowns in the last five games of the 2022 season. With no realistic prospect that we will score AGAIN, ever under this regime.

Neither did Duke. Yet they went from 3 games to a 7 or 8 win season.

We went from scoring close to 40 pts a game last year under TVD to the realistic possibility that we score no touchdowns in the last five games of the 2022 season. With no realistic prospect that we will score AGAIN, ever under this regime.

Lashlee’s scheme was far better, but I always thought TVD’s #s were inflated by Rambo bailing him out

List the talent Mario inherited... especially the more talented ones than TCU and USC.....

This team does not have a whole lot of talent. Stars dont count as talent.
Other than
Colby young at wr we have zero explosive players.. lbs all suck at the moment .. oline still as disaster.. rbs have little to no explosions…dline has taylor . Other than van dyke qbs are work in progress.. **** it seems our kickers are the best position group.. im in the camp that gattis sucks ..his offense is terrible and play calls are terrible at times

Cant wait for roster purge

Advertisement

Switch Caleb Williams and Addison with TVD and Ladson and come talk to me. Big difference.

This post is fantastic! Let’s not forget Kelly at LSU, Lanning at Oregon,

Advertisement

Reading doesn’t seem like your strong suit

Where did I say wait 4 years?

I said either the coach fixes it or in 4 years the cycle starts a new.

Here is a thought. Stop saying 15-0 and pumping sunshine. Be realistic.

Just because youre realistic it doesnt make you a mope.

Next year has a minimum of 4 losses already without losing to teams we shouldn't lose to. But half our fanbase will go in saying 15-0 even though we have no chance of doing that.

Advertisement
We beat Pitt and NC State last year came within a FG of UNC, a team completely void of talent doesn’t do that. Manny was inconsistent as a HC much like Mario, could win a few big games but lost to teams who had no business playing against us.

Explain how we played against BCC (I understand it was BCC but this is a whole different team) and how we are playing right now. If we played Bethune next Saturday I doubt we put up 28 let alone 70+

Advertisement
Back