Chump Change?

King was good for the locker room but that's it. Perry was better. The offense also improved when TVD took over.

In the new world of free agency I think the locker room will matter less.

Also, thanks Emory for your service. But you aren't very good. For all I know he can be great. He sacrificed his body and what did he get? We still lost. I don't care if we replace him on the roster. The teammates that do care if he's replaced wont for long. All the best.
Nope. King was a limited passer but he carried the team in 2020. Perry played well in the bowl but literally has 6 years of evidence that he’s a mediocre college football quarterback. I was definitely not relying on a true freshman TVD in 2020 either, especially with the group of receivers we were using.

The rest, I agree with completely.

Advertisement
No one wants to be unappreciated or as "Chump Change". The portal has to be having a negative impact on existing players. especially the QB room. We saw what Emory Williams upside was last summer and then during the season. Kid laid it out for the U so why isn't he in the conversation about 2024 QB? Jaccurri Brown, talk about disrespect, he got it in aces yet is standing up for our bowl game. I hope he plays like a Heisman winner but I'd bet he knows where his bread is buttered and it might not be by the U. Then their is Judd Anderson, a recruiting recruit and potentially Cedric Bailey. Cedric a star in his own right thought to be bait for Jeremiah Smith so I doubt he is interested.
What if Deriq King had not come to the U, would our progression at the U produced a star? Who got shoved aside for King?
I don't like how our own recruited players get ignored plus is the staff developing them whole heartedly or do they prefer a retread player that likely turned them down in the past.
When Craig Erickson was signed his competition was going to simply walk in and take the QB job, Jeff George a legend in his own mind and Craig says bring him on. We have a Craig or a Vinny, or a Walsh that is waiting to be coached as a Hurricane starter, do we have a coach that can meet the challenge or are we looking outside all the time?

I assume if the portal were a thing back in the 80's JJ would have been all over that. Maybe Erickson back then says F it and drops his name in the portal after George transfers in. However, back then, no portal, or NIL, and it wasn't so easy to transfer out and you would have to sit a year at your new destination if you did. It's different now, it's more of a business, and players and coached have to adjust to that.

King was good for the locker room but that's it. Perry was better. The offense also improved when TVD took over.

Also, thanks Emory for your service. But you aren't very good. For all I know he can be great. He sacrificed his body and what did he get? We still lost. I don't care if we replace him on the roster. The teammates that do care if he's replaced wont for long. All the best.
King won 10 games. What about tvd?

No one wants to be unappreciated or as "Chump Change". The portal has to be having a negative impact on existing players. especially the QB room. We saw what Emory Williams upside was last summer and then during the season. Kid laid it out for the U so why isn't he in the conversation about 2024 QB? Jaccurri Brown, talk about disrespect, he got it in aces yet is standing up for our bowl game. I hope he plays like a Heisman winner but I'd bet he knows where his bread is buttered and it might not be by the U. Then their is Judd Anderson, a recruiting recruit and potentially Cedric Bailey. Cedric a star in his own right thought to be bait for Jeremiah Smith so I doubt he is interested.
What if Deriq King had not come to the U, would our progression at the U produced a star? Who got shoved aside for King?
I don't like how our own recruited players get ignored plus is the staff developing them whole heartedly or do they prefer a retread player that likely turned them down in the past.
When Craig Erickson was signed his competition was going to simply walk in and take the QB job, Jeff George a legend in his own mind and Craig says bring him on. We have a Craig or a Vinny, or a Walsh that is waiting to be coached as a Hurricane starter, do we have a coach that can meet the challenge or are we looking outside all the time?
homer simpson episode 21 GIF

Advertisement
King was good until he f-d his throwing shoulder and they played him anyway. Really not fair to judge his last year here.

Once you get to this level, there’s no such thing as “allegiances” or “loyalty” it’s about winning, period. You keep referencing those lost in the shuffle, or guys that lose their spot simply because they aren’t as good as the player(s) being brought in. If that happens, then it’s incumbent upon you, as a professional, or college, athlete to work your tail off and get better so that doesn’t happen to you again. Nothing should be given, everything earned.

Once you get to this level, there’s no such thing as “allegiances” or “loyalty” it’s about winning, period. You keep referencing those lost in the shuffle, or guys that lose their spot simply because they aren’t as good as the player(s) being brought in. If that happens, then it’s incumbent upon you, as a professional, or college, athlete to work your tail off and get better so that doesn’t happen to you again. Nothing should be given, everything earned.
Do you think this roster/offensive philosophy is a 1year rental portal Qb from winning a National Championship this upcoming season?

Advertisement
Do you think this roster/offensive philosophy is a 1year rental portal Qb from winning a National Championship this upcoming season?
I don’t know about National Championship, but if we can land a top tier QB I absolutely think we could be a playoff team next year. We still got some work to do in the portal. After QB, I still think we need 1-2 more DT’s, a big/physical dawg at WR, help in the secondary, and we’re losing a couple key pieces on the O-Line. I expect us to address most, if not all, of these needs and there’s no reason why this team shouldn’t at least be in the playoff next year. I think that’s a reasonable expectation by most people here.

I like Williams and Brown, but they they haven’t done anything to prove we should ride into the season with one of them penciled in as the heir apparent.

The stakes are WAY to high.

We just lost a golden opportunity because we didn’t take an average quality back up in the portal. We would have been a ten win team with a guy who could have come in, thrown around 60% and not been a turnover machine. There is no guarantee this guy would have worked out, but we could have easily signed someone more ready than Emory and Jacurri were.

We need TWO portal quarterbacks. A sure fire starter and a game manager level back up. I don’t think we will adjust the offense enough to rely on Jacurri as is. If Tebow could be effective, so could he but I’m not sure our staff can adjust enough. William’s injury seems straightforward, but if there are any setbacks, an injury to the starter can have us throwing another freshman to the wolves.

Don’t make the same mistake. Get two guys from the portal.

Too early to scrap Williams. When his acne is gone and Aaron Feld gets him in the weight room, we may see considerable improvement.
At least he does have hutzpah.

I like Williams and Brown, but they they haven’t done anything to prove we should ride into the season with one of them penciled in as the heir apparent.

The stakes are WAY to high.

We just lost a golden opportunity because we didn’t take an average quality back up in the portal. We would have been a ten win team with a guy who could have come in, thrown around 60% and not been a turnover machine. There is no guarantee this guy would have worked out, but we could have easily signed someone more ready than Emory and Jacurri were.

We need TWO portal quarterbacks. A sure fire starter and a game manager level back up. I don’t think we will adjust the offense enough to rely on Jacurri as is. If Tebow could be effective, so could he but I’m not sure our staff can adjust enough. William’s injury seems straightforward, but if there are any setbacks, an injury to the starter can have us throwing another freshman to the wolves.

Don’t make the same mistake. Get two guys from the portal.
Throw us out a couple of names… dudes jumping in the portal aren’t leaving as a backup somewhere to be a backup elsewhere

Advertisement

Probably your worst take ever

Advertisement
Back