Chuck Pagano

Advertisement
Timeline will be tough to match up. Golden fired early December, pagano not til January.

Advertisement
I don't get the fascination with Pagano. I understand he was a great assistant here but is it really that difficult to win in the NFL when you have a franchise top 5 or so Qb. The guy has no success as HC without Luck. So can someone explain it to me?

I don't get the fascination with Pagano. I understand he was a great assistant here but is it really that difficult to win in the NFL when you have a franchise top 5 or so Qb. The guy has no success as HC without Luck. So can someone explain it to me?

Exactly.

What does he bring to college football right now?

Do you just make chit up? He only coached with Andrew Luck so what are you talking about? He is also 34-17 in the NFL. Pagano is a very good coach.

Advertisement

Do you just make chit up? He only coached with Andrew Luck so what are you talking about? He is also 34-17 in the NFL. Pagano is a very good coach.

Conman, I see you are still trying to convince people you are the smartest man in the room. No I didn't make it up that was my point. He has no record without Luck. So how can do you know he would make a good HC?

Conman, I see you are still trying to convince people you are the smartest man in the room. No I didn't make it up that was my point. He has no record without Luck. So how can do you know he would make a good HC?

Conman, clever. Listen PotatoCane1, his record is who he is. He is 34-17. He coaches against the best coaches in the world. 34-17, 3-3 in making the playoffs.

Side note: He won today without Andrew Luck!

Advertisement

Conman, clever. Listen PotatoCane1, his record is who he is. He is 34-17. He coaches against the best coaches in the world. 34-17, 3-3 in making the playoffs.

Side note: He won today without Andrew Luck!

Congrats to Pagano, he is now 1-0 without Luck by beating one of the worst teams in the NFL, lets crown him Conman.

Yes he coaches against the best in world and in 90%+ of those matchups he has the better Qb which if you haven't noticed having a elite Qb in the NFL is a big deal.

So tell me, not that I don't agree with you but how is this argument any different than you tying the success of Charlie Strong to Teddy Bridgewater in another thread? Charlie is 44-27 isn't his record who it says he is?

Last edited:

Chip Kelly has Bradford and Sanchez. Eagles are 1-3. Fans are calling for his head.

Congrats to Pagano, he is now 1-0 without Luck by beating one of the worst teams in the NFL, lets crown him Conman.

Yes he coaches against the best in world and in 90%+ of those matchups he has the better Qb which if you haven't noticed having a elite Qb in the NFL is a big deal.

So tell me, not that I don't agree with you but how this argument any different than you tying the success of Charlie Strong to Teddy Bridgewater in another thread? Charlie is 44-27 isn't his record who it says he is?

PotatoCane,

The difference is a QB in the NFL is not enough. Regardless of whether you think Luck is elite or just very good, you can't win with just a QB (see Peyton Manning). We have seen this experiment before, one QB in college dominate and win by himself (Cam Newton, Johnny Football and Bridgewater etc.). 3 seasons, 11-5 each against other Pro Coaches. This is much more than one QB who threw 43 Ints during that time.

Side note: Strong even lost with Bridgewater (see Bridgewater's first season when they went 7-6) and is unable adapt and win without him.

Advertisement

Chip Kelly has Bradford and Sanchez. Eagles are 1-3. Fans are calling for his head.

If I had to guess, NFL people would rate those Qb's as the middle or bottom tier of rankings for NFL starters. So its not like he is playing with one of the elite Qb's in the NFL like Pagano is.

Regardless, Kelly has proven he can make it to the playoffs without a top Qb. Nick Foles is a good to average Qb but is nowhere near the Qb luck is.

Also Kelly is 42-7 as a college coach and has won 2 BCS games so you can say with some certainty that he would make a good HC.

If I had to guess, NFL people would rate those Qb's as the middle or bottom tier of rankings for NFL starters. So its not like he is playing with one of the elite Qb's in the NFL like Pagano is.

Regardless, Kelly has proven he can make it to the playoffs without a top Qb. Nick Foles is a good to average Qb but is nowhere near the Qb luck is.

Also Kelly is 42-7 as a college coach and has won 2 BCS games so you can say with some certainty that he would make a good HC.

They're all bottom of the league starters . What he's done is just short of a miracle .

Until he gets an athletic qb he'll never be able to use his full play book. There's talks of Kap and RG3 getting cut this off season, either one of those guys would ball in his qb friendly offense.

As for Pagano needing Luck, how many Super Bowls has Belichik won without Brady?

Ironically the best coaches in today's Nfl have really good or great qb's. I wonder why ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back