Chuck Pagano as DC

P

PalmBeachCane

Next Monday or black Monday as the NFL calls it will be the day Chuck gets fired from Indy. Mark needs to be on the phone asap and get him to come home!

Advertisement
Can only assume other NFL teams will get in line ahead of us....Love to have him back in South Fl...

Would be awesome. Only way it happens is if Pagano is sick of the NFL and wants to get back to teaching.

Next Monday or black Monday as the NFL calls it will be the day Chuck gets fired from Indy. Mark needs to be on the phone asap and get him to come home!

not happening. he's a successful NFL guy, therefore he will get another NFL job.

Advertisement
lol MIami fans thinking NFL coaches want to come to MIami.

we have a fanbase straight up thinking this is 2001 Miami.

matter of fact why would an nfl coach demote himself back to Miami even in 2001?

it makes no sense.

maybe they want an easy early retirment.

I'd love to see him return as DC but this seems unlikely. If he's fired he can collect his buyout and retire. Perhaps land a network analyst gig if he wants to stay connected to the game.

I think he has a better chance of landing with the Phins. It would be quite the hire if Mark made it happen.

Advertisement
When is the last time an NFL coordinator or HC became a college Coordinator? Seems like position coaches are the best bet, like with Schiano.

plus he just battled cancer....does he really have it in him to babysit and recruit a bunch of teenagers vs. dealing w/ grown men?

matter of fact why would an nfl coach demote himself back to Miami even in 2001?

it makes no sense.

welcome to the board. you must he the life of the party.

It'd be great to have Pagano ..

Richt has to be looking at the NFL for a DC or looking for someone w HC experience that'll have TOTAL control of the defense. Even the assistants the DC chooses.

Pagano fits the bill. In a perfect world.

Advertisement
I have no idea what's Paganos way of thinking.
But I have to think it's a long shot he goes back to college to be a DC when he can be a DC in the NFL.

it makes no sense.

would be great. don't see it happening. maybe b/c he just battled cancer he doesn't want the stress and long hours of an nfl job. he's financially set for life and maybe he wants to do something else like right wants to do.

Advertisement
I have no idea what's Paganos way of thinking.
But I have to think it's a long shot he goes back to college to be a DC when he can be a DC in the NFL.

Exactly, there is near zero chance an NFL head coach will become a DC in college.

It'd be great to have Pagano ..

Richt has to be looking at the NFL for a DC or looking for someone w HC experience that'll have TOTAL control of the defense. Even the assistants the DC chooses.

Pagano fits the bill. In a perfect world.

I agree...Richt is definitely looking at someone from the NFL for the DC position. It may be a position coach but who knows? I doubt a NFL DC would leave and come to CFB as a DC but i could see a up and coming position coach taking the gig. It may be someone that was a DC in college and jumped to the NFL to be a position coach.

I think this because of the timing...wouldnt be surpassed if someone like Mike Barrow came back and took over the DC. If Richt was looking at a CFB coach for DC we would hear more rumblings and or it would be done already.

Advertisement
Back