Christian Williams

Pretty sure Harrell is more of a ss while Balom is a fs
I think Harrell is absolutely perfect for the striker position. He is really big and physical and has coverage skills going back to his junior year in HS playing corner. I hope he ends up there soon. However, he can probably be a very good safety as well. One way or the other, he will be a player here.

Advertisement
So the Amari Carter at striker dream is dead:

DE: Roche / Harvey / Chantz / Q. Williams
DE: Rousseau / Phillips / Blissett / C. Williams

DT: Silvera / Holley / Hunte / Carter
DT: Ford / Miller / Roberts / Neely

LB: Brooks / Huff / Steed / Cave / Ragone
LB: McCloud /Joyner / Jennings / Flagg

DB: Frierson / Smith / Washington / Alford

CB: Blades / Couch / Clarke / Gutierrez
CB Williams / Ivey / Dunson / Burrows

SS: Bolden / Carter / Balom / Feldman
FS: Hall / Avantae / Harrell / Barnes
Outside of LB being unproven that’s the best 1-2 depth we’ve had in the Shannon/Golden/Richt/Diaz era....

Couple that with King and Lashlee....****! Get this season STARTED!!!

Outside of LB being unproven that’s the best 1-2 depth we’ve had in the Shannon/Golden/Richt/Diaz era....

Couple that with King and Lashlee....****! Get this season STARTED!!!
This is why I struggle to blast the d staff on recruiting results. There have been high profile misses, no doubt. It could be better. But, where do we lack talent on defense? The DL group is loaded. Yes the DT’s like Nests, Ford, Miller need to step up but it’s their time and they are talented. The LB group is young but many would have said Brooks and Huff were the 2 best LB’s in FL for 19. Can we see what they can do? They are way more athletic than what they are replacing. We’ve never had this many 4 star CB’s on the team and we keep sending safeties to the league and have Bubba and Gurvan this year and just signed the #1 safety in 20.

I think the d staff is goofy and has missed, but they have signed a lot too and they have put a good d on the field from day 1. The 20 d is talented and will be good. I would like to see a top tier recruiter added to staff because we currently have 3 DB coaches and that doesn’t make sense.

This is why I struggle to blast the d staff on recruiting results. There have been high profile misses, no doubt. It could be better. But, where do we lack talent on defense? The DL group is loaded. Yes the DT’s like Nests, Ford, Miller need to step up but it’s their time and they are talented. The LB group is young but many would have said Brooks and Huff were the 2 best LB’s in FL for 19. Can we see what they can do? They are way more athletic than what they are replacing. We’ve never had this many 4 star CB’s on the team and we keep sending safeties to the league and have Bubba and Gurvan this year and just signed the #1 safety in 20.

I think the d staff is goofy and has missed, but they have signed a lot too and they have put a good d on the field from day 1. The 20 d is talented and will be good. I would like to see a top tier recruiter added to staff because we currently have 3 DB coaches and that doesn’t make sense.
We're getting some form of depth. That's a positive....

We're getting some form of depth. That's a positive....
We are. I think we should add an ace recruiter who (if we start winning games) can get us over the jump on some of the 5 star guys. But, I look at this defense and it isn’t like we are devoid of talent. Gurvan, Bubba, Amari at safety with Rousseau/Roche/Phillips at DE? There aren’t more than 5 programs in the nation that wouldn’t make that switch if offered. If that many.

Advertisement
We are. I think we should add an ace recruiter who (if we start winning games) can get us over the jump on some of the 5 star guys. But, I look at this defense and it isn’t like we are devoid of talent. Gurvan, Bubba, Amari at safety with Rousseau/Roche/Phillips at DE? There aren’t more than 5 programs in the nation that wouldn’t make that switch if offered. If that many.
Team attitude has been a serious Achilles heel...

Remember how Diaz said he was encouraged that the 2020 guys had a group chat going? That could be an indicator of a turnaround. I'm sure a new offensive staff and the departure of a couple of malcontents sure won't hurt.
My problem that as a young man sometimes your easily influenced. We need the strong character players to overcome the noncharacter ones. It's just easier to try to cut corners than put in the work...

Advertisement
My problem that as a young man sometimes your easily influenced. We need the strong character players to overcome the noncharacter ones. It's just easier to try to cut corners than put in the work...
Especially when you have a few highly rated, naturally gifted people like Lingard and Thomas planting seeds of doubt.

Especially when you have a few highly rated, naturally gifted people like Lingard and Thomas planting seeds of doubt.
Don't forget the Qb room. This problem has been festering for a while and has been passed down . I remember they gave club seat season ticket holders a pass to go down to a section on the sidelines. My focus was on the complete apathy of Eduardo Clements and Seantrel Henderson. Goofing around on the low. Carroll Jr. would turn around and they would break up their little session. Jist came off to me like they didnt care.

We always talk about the new shiny item, vs. appreciating vets. Never fails. That's why EVERY F'ING CLASS is called elite. lol. Mofos haven't stepped foot on campus, yet they are being praised being considered elite. I liked Blades and he has wonderful techniques that can be sharpened. Bandy should've been in the slot, and Blades should've been starter since day 1. I'm curious to see his growth.

Having to rush Ivey onto the field didn’t help at all.

Bandy was never a number 1 corner. Not athletic enough for his size. As a number 2 he was solid but I felt nickel was a better fit.

Not signing a complementary corner with Bandy bit us in the ***. Didn’t even need to be a star. Just a solid buy with good measurables we could develop to start alongside Bandy and allow Ivey time to develop better technique and more confidence.

We may have missed on some elite guys, but I appreciate the fact that we are at least getting numbers. Wrap up some solid guys early in recruiting, don’t neglect them, and keep pursuing blue chips to the end. We should have plan B guys bought in early in the process. No scrambling in January because we let solid guys get away chasing bag boys.

Having to rush Ivey onto the field didn’t help at all.

Bandy was never a number 1 corner. Not athletic enough for his size. As a number 2 he was solid but I felt nickel was a better fit.

Not signing a complementary corner with Bandy bit us in the ***. Didn’t even need to be a star. Just a solid buy with good measurables we could develop to start alongside Bandy and allow Ivey time to develop better technique and more confidence.

We may have missed on some elite guys, but I appreciate the fact that we are at least getting numbers. Wrap up some solid guys early in recruiting, don’t neglect them, and keep pursuing blue chips to the end. We should have plan B guys bought in early in the process. No scrambling in January because we let solid guys get away chasing bag boys.
Seems like the approach they took with the 2020 class. I hope it works...

Advertisement
Yeah I like Smith in that role, and may the best man win, but I hope they don't split snaps. The starter is the starter for a reason. Play your best players. This isn't Little League.

That crap is so annoying. The defense rotates players like its madden. Last year when bolden was healthy they would have 2 new safeties every drive. It’s such a gimmicky and foolish way to rotate players. Also i tend to disagree with moving carter to striker. The striker was one on one with the slot a lot last year. If that’s how they’re going to play that role then Amari carter can’t play there. I would cringe if i saw carter lined up 1 on 1 vs a shifty slot guy.

Advertisement
Easy bluewaffle ****
tumblr_noll26PRIK1rckbzlo1_500.gifv

Advertisement
Back