Christian Williams

Rumph gets to stay if Williams comes...no doubt.

whoaaa...get some sleep. I never said I don’t like Rumph. He’s a UM alumni and former 1st round pick. I’d like nothing more than to see him succeed. He doesn’t deserve a trip to Starbucks is what I’m saying. I already posted earlier I’ll commend him if he truly is Williams’ primary recruiter and lands him. This recruit will be huge for us.
I'm a night owl and if you did say that it wasn't in response to me so I didn't see it. All I said is that Rumph should be applauded. You're the one to makeup every excuse not to give him credit 🤣🤣. It's all good tho. Things are trending our way but I'll wait until the LOI is signed, sealed, and delivered b4 I applaud him.

Advertisement
Shaq was a 94 which is not a low 4 star but it’s not a high 4 star for sure. Pinck was an 86 which is no where near a 4 star. It’s right in the middle.
Shaq was the
This is dumb. You guys forget Shaq and Pinck were a low 4 star and a mid 3 star and have played like borderline all Americans. He got the best out of them.
Shaq was the consensus #5 ILB in the country...HS AA...mid 4* there was only one 5* in the class.....

The kid is good. The speed comments are overrated if u think about it. Michael Jackson will probably run a 4.6 and look how well he played

The kid is good. The speed comments are overrated if u think about it. Michael Jackson will probably run a 4.6 and look how well he played

Mike Jack is a 4.45 guy all day. But he was a 3-star coming out of Alabama. He didn’t play this well until his 3rd year. Development.

Advertisement
I love how you say “slightly lower rated player” Miami isn’t getting anywhere’s close to the players Rumph whiffed on.

But hey he finally was able to close on a CB, that’s progress..

Smh how do you know a 5 star player will end up being better than a 4 star player? There are only so many 5 stars in general and even fewer when you break it down by positions

We got plenty of 4 stars at db which equals slightly lower rated than a 5 star.

Y’all act like we comparing 2 and 3 stars too 5 stars and like we landing Famu level talent.

That's why I'm excited about the future of the CB position. We will have six four stars. The only non-blue chipper is Nigel Bethel, who is 5'11 and runs 4.40.

Most of them are 6'+ with long arms- mirror images of their coach and the exact type of prospect he likes to develop.

Rumph hasnt been all bad but this kid will be the first recruiting battle Rumph has won. Blades, Bandy and Ivey were always coming. Those are Miami kids. Frierson too but Banda was his lead guy. This is the first time Rumph had to battle, sell and close and actually won out. Let's hope he wins more of these in the future.

Last edited:
he is a long strider, he seems to pick up speed has he goes. his body might react well to S&C.
With him and Couch on top of the guys we already have, no you finally build some depth. Maybe even lets gil pay some safety.

Advertisement
Smh how do you know a 5 star player will end up being better than a 4 star player? There are only so many 5 stars in general and even fewer when you break it down by positions

We got plenty of 4 stars at db which equals slightly lower rated than a 5 star.

Y’all act like we comparing 2 and 3 stars too 5 stars and like we landing Famu level talent.
LOL Hendo is going to be probably top CB in nation going into this year, Surtain won’t be far from him either, you can talk about all these four stars but show me which one is going be a true CB1? You can’t its all hope that our guys are legit.

The guy at LSU who is doing this is making a heck of a lot more than Rumph.
What is your point? That Miami needs to pay more? I don't think that's an issue anymore. Manny had a choice and is riding with Rumph. I wish he had replaced him with someone like Raymond but it seems he either liked the chemistry with the defensive staff and/or didn't want to take a gamble.

Advertisement
LOL Hendo is going to be probably top CB in nation going into this year, Surtain won’t be far from him either, you can talk about all these four stars but show me which one is going be a true CB1? You can’t its all hope that our guys are legit.

Pat Surtain got routinely abused. He's not going to be one of the top CBs in the nation. Certainly not based off his freshman year. Henderson was a 4-star CB who barely played the position in high school. He was ranked pretty **** similarly to Williams as well. Talk that ****. Pretty easy to find out the opposite though.

Advertisement
Pat Surtain got routinely abused. He's not going to be one of the top CBs in the nation. Certainly not based off his freshman year. Henderson was a 4-star CB who barely played the position in high school. He was ranked pretty **** similarly to Williams as well. Talk that ****. Pretty easy to find out the opposite though.

He was a starter for bama in the NC game. My goodness.

It’s not just hope. Rumph now has a three year track record of developing guys into NFL caliber players.

Guys not working out would be the aberration not the other way around.

This why I don’t take some of you fools seriously, Surtain did not get regularly abused. Outside of the Oklahoma game he was pretty **** good all year long. The homerism from you guys is out of this world.

Advertisement
Back