Christian Williams

Advertisement
Advertisement
And the Rumph lynch mob in here will still say he needs to be fired because he missed players he coached and he can’t recruit regardless of on field results. I never understood and how some think that recruiting stars outweighs on field performance.

Some would rather Rumph land top players and coach them up at a mediocre level of performance on the field, rather than take a slightly lower rated player and have them performing at maximum level of production.

And it’s not like CB recruiting is notably worst than at any other position. It’s not like Safety or LB or DL recruiting is objectively better by a noticeable margin.

Dude gets a bad rap.

That's why I'm excited about the future of the CB position. We will have six four stars. The only non-blue chipper is Nigel Bethel, who is 5'11 and runs 4.40.

Most of them are 6'+ with long arms- mirror images of their coach and the exact type of prospect he likes to develop.

And they stay flexible because they still take Bandy and Couch, who aren’t the long outside corners.

Boom! That’s a huge pull. Really happy to see we found a Miami worthy recruit and didn’t have to rely on a grad transfer.

It’s TNM and that means Everyone deserves a clean slate. Including the coaches. Rumph is starting out strong!

Most of the transfers coming in aren’t grad guys. Bolden, Martell, Martin.

Advertisement
Rumph was Surtain and Campbell’s coach. I would call that impossible.
surtain was an lsu legacy and his dad was hc last 2 yrs of his hs career. as for campbell Georgia gave him to much dough to come to Miami and had just made cfp . fact is heritage isn't a feeder school for Miami due to Shannon/golden. they alienated coaches there and getting them on board with kids to Miami has been a hard task . we are lucky got silvera. heritage kids don't come to Miami fact rumph coached there doesn't change that

Most of the transfers coming in aren’t grad guys. Bolden, Martell, Martin.

I didn’t say they were. But we have had to rely on grad transfers in the past (Colbert/Delaney) and a Juco kid (dean).

I want to see the kids Rumph recruited get burn and see how the kids develop in our system with his coaching.

surtain was an lsu legacy and his dad was hc last 2 yrs of his hs career. as for campbell Georgia gave him to much dough to come to Miami and had just made cfp . fact is heritage isn't a feeder school for Miami due to Shannon/golden. they alienated coaches there and getting them on board with kids to Miami has been a hard task . we are lucky got silvera. heritage kids don't come to Miami fact rumph coached there doesn't change that

I still have never seen a kid look more depressed on signing day than TC announcing UGA as his pick lol

Advertisement
I didn’t say they were. But we have had to rely on grad transfers in the past (Colbert/Delaney) and a Juco kid (dean).

I want to see the kids Rumph recruited get burn and see how the kids develop in our system with his coaching.

Fair enough. A class of Williams and Couch after a class of Frierson, Blades, and Ivey is a lot to work with. Five four star corners last two cycles.

And the Rumph lynch mob in here will still say he needs to be fired because he missed players he coached and he can’t recruit regardless of on field results. I never understood and how some think that recruiting stars outweighs on field performance.

Some would rather Rumph land top players and coach them up at a mediocre level of performance on the field, rather than take a slightly lower rated player and have them performing at maximum level of production.
I love how you say “slightly lower rated player” Miami isn’t getting anywhere’s close to the players Rumph whiffed on.

But hey he finally was able to close on a CB, that’s progress..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back