Christian Williams

he doesn't look like a blazer and he didn't rate well in Lance's athleticism ratings, but i doubt michael jackson will test incredibly well at the combine so i think it's a skillset rumph can work with

Bama is saying this is why they dropped him. They don’t consider him elite and decided to go after other targets.

Advertisement
Williams would be a home run for Rumph if he signs with us tomorrow. Also helps out for the next coming year where Williams can be thrown into the mix and we can then RS Couch who needs to put on a lot of weight.

For Rumph's recruiting criticism (which is often times warranted), I sure hope he lands this one to stem the tide.

Advertisement
I'll trust Cory Raymond's evaluation. That guy lands elite corners repeatedly and develops them. Bama has other guys that are higher on their board, doesn't make Williams a scrub.
right. i mean people dont realize, if bama tells you to sign and you keep doing visits and talking to coaches, they dont play that game. on his tape he's clearly taped.

Advertisement
If I didn’t know better, based on your last two tweets in this thread, I would think you want us to miss on him.

Nah just been around the block a few times.

“A lot can happen in 24 hours”- we’ve seen it more than a few times where we are favorites going into signing day/commitment day and $tuff happen$.

And the Wifong comment, everyone sucks this guys **** on here but when it comes to us, he’s not that good.

I’m actually a Rumph guy and would love for him to land Williams so everyone can shut up about his recruiting and go about their lives.

Sure it does. The guy changes his mind on Bama, Miami is all over the him. Wants him badly. LSU jumps into the mix after the fact and has a bunch of commits at the position, plus has more depth. Playing time is always a factor for stud players. They want to play ASAP. Miami offers this. So yea, not landing him given the variables is a major Fail in my opinion.

And just like everybody else you assume you know this kid's priorities. Sure PT is a draw, but maybe he wants to stay closer to home, or maybe LSU is dropping bags, or maybe he hates the beach, or maybe...

Point is that there are dozens of factors and fans just assume that the ones in our favor are obviously the most important. We always expect local kids to stay home, but what if they want to see another part of the country? I know I did, that's how I ended up in Miami. Or what if a booster offers more money than your parents make in a decade? You wouldn't consider that important? And don't forget about relationships. We tend to overlook that, but when a kid has this much contact with coaches they can get attached to them. Don't you think that QB that just decommitted from bama might have made up his mind to play for Enos and is willing to follow him to another school?

This is to me is way more important than Wahshington. Thoughts?

Thoroughly disagree. Washington is a very good OT prospect. We are lacking there. Yes, we need to add another DB to this class, but we have a lot of nice young talent on our roster now between Blades, Ivey, Frierson, Bethel.

Advertisement
We in this big time!

so, LSU mod is changing his CB to cloudy for Williams. Agrees with what Ivins just said.

Here's why:
LSU signed three cornerbacks in December in Derek Stingley, Raydarious Jones and Cordale Flott. They now are going to sign Maurice Hampton on Wednesday as a cornerback who can play nickel and safety. This weekend, they let Williams know that he would also get to see a similar role to Hampton given he could likely find a quicker path to the field there than as just a straight cornerback in a deep class.

Miami is giving pressing him hard to be the top cornerback in their class. Right now we only have one cornerback committed in Te’Cory Couch, who is ranked No. 340 nationally - well behind Williams.

Because of that, Williams is really thinking things over. The chance to be at a school like Miami as “the guy” in the class is pulling on him late in the game. The mod said as he hears more, he will CB to that school. LSU is still in touch with him and if he decides he wants in they will take him.
I'll trust Cory Raymond's evaluation. That guy lands elite corners repeatedly and develops them. Bama has other guys that are higher on their board, doesn't make Williams a scrub.
Raymond prolly sees some the same qualities he saw in Greedy....both are similar athletes imo.... Williams and Couch would be a very good CB class....

Last edited:
Thoroughly disagree. Washington is a very good OT prospect. We are lacking there. Yes, we need to add another DB to this class, but we have a lot of nice young talent on our roster now between Blades, Ivey, Frierson, Bethel.

Same thing can be said about OT. We have a lot of young talent there.

Advertisement
LSU insider Shea Dixon just put in a CB to Miami.
8sfF.gif

Advertisement
Back