Christian Williams

Advertisement
How about everybody be positive and no more bashing anyone on this thread??????? This is a POSITIVE thread

Advertisement
Color me shocked if Rumph pulls this off. I know Bama was backing off but this is a big victory for him if it happens. This isnā€™t like Dean who nobody wanted and we made it seem like we landed some elite JUCO kid.
I partly blame myself for finding his tape and talking about his speed and length. I read through it the other day...

Advertisement
I partly blame myself for finding his tape and talking about his speed and length. I read through it the other day...

Haha. There is no telling what I have said in old threads, but Iā€™m pretty siren I said from the jump that Dean got dropped by Bama and it wasnā€™t some great recruiting win.

The Rumph criticism is a little over the top. Every coaching staff usually has half of it's coaches that specialize in recruiting and the other half that specializes in development. Rumph just happens to be the latter. It's not like he's bringing in 2ā­. He's brought in guys that are definitely Miami caliber. I'd rather have Rumph than be like the coaching staff that brought in guys like Tracy Howard and Artie Burns and never developed those guys to play at their full potential.

Haha. There is no telling what I have said in old threads, but Iā€™m pretty siren I said from the jump that Dean got dropped by Bama and it wasnā€™t some great recruiting win.
You did...thank god it was just me talking about him as an athlete and nothing else.

Advertisement
Bro, I swear my wife grabbed my phone and the other night and thought I was surfing **** or texting a girl. She started going through my history and saw I was spending hours on recruiting sites. She put the phone down and called me a sicko.
Yeah my girlfriend gives me **** all the time about it.

We in this big time!

so, LSU mod is changing his CB to cloudy for Williams. Agrees with what Ivins just said.

Here's why:
LSU signed three cornerbacks in December in Derek Stingley, Raydarious Jones and Cordale Flott. They now are going to sign Maurice Hampton on Wednesday as a cornerback who can play nickel and safety. This weekend, they let Williams know that he would also get to see a similar role to Hampton given he could likely find a quicker path to the field there than as just a straight cornerback in a deep class.

Miami is giving pressing him hard to be the top cornerback in their class. Right now we only have one cornerback committed in Teā€™Cory Couch, who is ranked No. 340 nationally - well behind Williams.

Because of that, Williams is really thinking things over. The chance to be at a school like Miami as ā€œthe guyā€ in the class is pulling on him late in the game. The mod said as he hears more, he will CB to that school. LSU is still in touch with him and if he decides he wants in they will take him.
Let's all hope that this is true and he chooses the Canes on Wednesday! Go Canes!! It's GREAT to be a Miami Hurricane!!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why Enos? He wasn't even here when Rumph first started recruiting Williams and Enos wasn't a primary or secondary recruiter for him when he was still coaching at Bama. I don't agree with you here.
Because thereā€™s only so many guys and Enos mustā€™ve met the kid. You believe Rumph met him before Enos?

Advertisement
Back