Christian Williams

LSU didnt get an earlier OV because this kid was an early Bama commit.

It wasnt until the week of our OV he found out Bama didnt have room. LSU and A&M jumped back on him right away
No no A&M was already set up before LSU and I think we were set up a week before so LSU was last which never made sense considering he was a lock to everybody once Bama was out

Advertisement
If it happens Rumph should be applauded. Yes he misses too many times but recruiting Williams was a flyer Mike and the staff decided to take a chance on. To the Rumph bashers I'm not crowning him if we get Williams, simply applauding him. Nothing more nothing less.
Nope. Rumph should’ve handed out more offers. This could end up a Jeff Thomas situation that saves Rumph like it did Dugans. Enos is likely more responsible for Williams than Rumph. Kul was more responsible for Thomas than Dugans. Hopefully it happens and the momentum carries into next year for Rumph like it did the following year for Dugans.

I personally don’t think LSU even wants him as a corner. They were looking at him as safety and now are telling him nickel to not just straight up lie to him. He has a chance to come play corner at a school with a favorable depth chart or get buried in a depth chart as a nickle. To me the choice is easy but I have no idea what goes through these kids minds.
I literally said this earlier lol they have a top 2 cb class and all I saw was they wanted him at safety the past 2 weeks so I didn't understand why he was this lock

Nope. Rumph should’ve handed out more offers. This could end up a Jeff Thomas situation that saves Rumph like it did Dugans. Enos is likely more responsible for Williams than Rumph. Kul was more responsible for Thomas than Dugans. Hopefully it happens and the momentum carries into next year for Rumph like it did the following year for Dugans.

Was t Rumph call to make to send out offers. It’s was Manny per Brooklyn.

Advertisement
I personally don’t think LSU even wants him as a corner. They were looking at him as safety and now are telling him nickel to not just straight up lie to him. He has a chance to come play corner at a school with a favorable depth chart or get buried in a depth chart as a nickle. To me the choice is easy but I have no idea what goes through these kids minds.

live look into what's going through their heads.

Advertisement
Something about so many of our current players directly encouraging CW via Twitter to sign told me we're more in the thick of this battle then the recruiting experts indicated. If Rumph can pull this off it would be huge. His recruiting may be suspect but the guy is a technician as a db coach and hopefully CW can see that.

Advertisement
we got bubba and kentra so im not that worried. BUT man, we had malek young who broke his neck, then bandy, last year was the first year we added a full class. now we need at least 2 more. i also belive couch is underrated.
Right now you have 4.5 safeties. Yes I’m counting Knowles as half a person. Gotta get another body there and then I’d be happy with just adding Williams at cb. But 2 cbs is ideal. I’m worried about OL and DE too but all that could be solved if they grab 2 at each spot.

Right now you have 4.5 safeties. Yes I’m counting Knowles as half a person. Gotta get another body there and then I’d be happy with just adding Williams at cb. But 2 cbs is ideal. I’m worried about OL and DE too but all that could be solved if they grab 2 at each spot.
same. i want at least one more DE. OL we need to get whatever we can.

Advertisement
same. i want at least one more DE. OL we need to get whatever we can.
Figure Hill and Phillips at DE. Who knows about Bogle. Then at OL I was hoping Washington and Braun but that’s unlikely to happen.

Why Enos? He wasn't even here when Rumph first started recruiting Williams and Enos wasn't a primary or secondary recruiter for him when he was still coaching at Bama. I don't agree with you here.

Advertisement
Back