Christian Williams to Portal

Would a new CB coach really make that much of a difference when it comes to landing these top south Florida CBs?

Obviously, Miami needs to move on from Rumph, but what real impact would this have? Feel like the last 5 top CBs we missed out on were guys who got the bag.

Aside from whiffing on all the big dogs, the problem I see is with the CB board overall.

We have no plan Bs.

It's just 5-star or bust. That's how we end up with such paltry CB numbers.

Our numbers at safety are getting much better, but the CB depth is still shaky AF.

Advertisement
Well boys were a few injure away from an all striker back end

now I understand why we recruit so many high end striker safety types
Something must me wrong with that dude he just repels recruits

Advertisement
If we have an average or bad season, Rumph will be fired. His 9 lives with Manny are up
If we win 10+ Manny will end up keeping him just because for continuity sake
Were damned either way on this one my friends

Would a new CB coach really make that much of a difference when it comes to landing these top south Florida CBs?

Obviously, Miami needs to move on from Rumph, but what real impact would this have? Feel like the last 5 top CBs we missed out on were guys who got the bag.
The issue isn’t missing the 5 stars. The issue is neglecting that next tier of guys and then whiffing on them mixed with a general lack of development.

I've held this in for months, family member down in Miami said Rumph was definitely gone they even had his replacement ready on deck. The hire was a homerun had been in the works since after I think he said game 8. But the Rumphs camp got wind of the back door deal and blew it up, some of his people reached out to the other persons camp and totally **** on Manny. So because of the way it was handled they couldn't fire him. Thats what a relative that is in the high school football scene told me. I am very skeptical of the story because I haven't heard anyone else say anything about it. My relative is also a known hustler down there....wink wink so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Advertisement
We will never hear from Williams again except for the obligatory CIS thread of “where are they now”. Does it sting? Yes. He was gonna play plenty this year so thus is perplexing. He doesn’t want to be a Cane, best of luck to him.

Will this impact this Saturday or the rest of the season? one player ain't the whole team. ENOUGH. Let's focus on LOUISVILLE. I thought he was capable of parting the red sea

Will this impact this Saturday or the rest of the season?

Williams was our 4th CB and got 8 snaps vs. UAB, so yes, his transfer will have some impact.

We now have 5 scholarship CBs. Two of them are TF (Dunson & Clarke), and one of those TF is basically a developmental guy who needs to learn the position after being primarily a WR (Clarke), and the other was among the last TF to enroll at UM this summer (Dunson).

Hope he changes his mind but with the way we handle the CB room who could blame him
SIAP... he already left the team. stupid move imo. this year doesnt count. why leave right now when you can get some reps and gain some strength for the next team. **** have to hit sit regardless so why waste a year that doesnt count

Advertisement
Williams was our 4th CB and got 8 snaps vs. UAB, so yes, his transfer will have some impact.

We now have 5 scholarship CBs. Two of them are TF (Dunson & Clarke), and one of those TF is basically a developmental guy who needs to learn the position after being primarily a WR (Clarke), and the other was among the last TF to enroll at UM this summer (Dunson).

We only play 2 corners at a time. We have depth at striker and safety. As long as we don't have multiple injuries Saturday, this shouldn't have much impact

Advertisement
You want too transfer ore quit beefour or after the season, eye have know problem with that. Ewe quit after the season begins, you should have dam good reasons. Williams might have good reasons, eye don't no. Lack of playing time or depth chart knot what aye wood consider a good reason after the season has begun.
“mite”

Seems like if my name is Markevious Brown, the U is looking better and better.

It also sounds like we're now changing our strategy based on the weakness of our CB coach. That's a warning sign that change is needed. Policies shouldn't have to accommodate personalities. When they do, those personalities better bring something unique and irreplaceable to the party.
Actually it’s the opposite I’m afraid. We have trash overall cornerback play and other 4 star kids are leaving.. why would be my first question

Advertisement
Back