Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
maybe he feels like he's not being given a fair shot & that's why he's leaving. how many times has this staff prioritized "experience" over more talented younger players? just like derrick smith last year. amari carter has no business playing, yet he's still out there. same for mccloud & obv ivey.
As soon as Smith shows up to Illinois, he got immediately moved to linebacker. And there is no guarantee he is going to see the field at Illinois even if they play this year.

Everybody I've spoken to that saw practice (players, coaches, media) along with my own eyes watching Williams get beat repeatedly.

I like him and it's bad that he's leaving. Rumph is staring at a scary situation of his own doing. But 99% of the people complaining about Williams's playing time have never seen him play at the college level.

So you’re saying some of us who questioned if Rumph really “won” this recruiting battle, were right. Got it. He fell in Rumph’s lap.

I never saw it in Williams. No idea why he was a 4 star. Dunson is a marginal 4 star himself. Other than Bamdy, Blades and Couch, who were coming here regardless of Rumph, who has that guy landed that is any good? A couple transfers? Rumph is ******* up big time. He needs to GTFOH!

Can Restrepo play at CB? May need to move him there just in case. Gotta get Clarke ready now!

Advertisement
I do, and it says your iq levels are below that of the category of the hurricane.
idiot hitting GIF

Advertisement
Dont want to read 24 pages, can anyone summarize why is he leaving? Makes no sense to leave 1 game in and sit out all year

Thank you in advance!

I’ll say this..CB is premium spot. U can’t foresee Transers tho. Idc what y’all say. We lost bethel in the portal..now Williams. That’s 2 bodies in 11 months. We brought in 2 pup who likely aren’t rdy.
Do you think selling and managing player expectations and limited snaps stops once a kid signs?

Advertisement
Maybe more to the story than just playing time, but Rumph is going to Rumph and it's about that time for some mutual separation

Advertisement
What’s funny is that we signed
Marcus Clarke - didn’t really play CB in high school, more of athlete
Dunson - length but may not be twitchy enough, plus he runs a 4.7
Burns - 5”9 145lbs lol
Malik Curtis - guy doesn’t even play CB at his school.

How can Diaz allow this to continue?
Because burns committed to diaz and patke found curtis and offered as a cb

We should always be recruiting to replace guys and upgrade talent. If he left from that, then it is the same end result as now but we aren’t stuck with our pants down and have some depth.
I mean yeah I agree..but idk about taking 3/4 corners per cycle..we just had 2 rotational guys transfer back to back years🤷🏾‍♂️ Both would’ve had PT here without question

Dont want to read 24 pages, can anyone summarize why is he leaving? Makes no sense to leave 1 game in and sit out all year

Thank you in advance!
Nobody knows. A few cryptic posts about it not being playing time but nothing substantial.

Advertisement
Back