Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
I doubt Avery huff likes watching McCloud run with bricks strapped to his feet out there either. But that’s neither here nor there
McCloud's issue is not that he's slow, in fact he's quite gifted athletically. That's one reason why the coaches like him. His problem is processing things. He take the wrong gaps, bad angles, repeatedly.

Advertisement
I agree this was a hit to the corner room, but it doesn’t seem as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Our depth is actually better than it was for the entirety of last season.

2019: 1 junior Bandy, 2 sophs Blades/Ivey (with no significant previous playing experience), 2 freshmen Couch/Williams

2020: 2 juniors Blades/Ivey, 1 soph Couch (with no significant previous playing experience), 2 freshmen Dunson/Clark

So versus last season, basically trading out a soph up for a junior. We gotta get past the idea that sophs and freshmen aren’t playable. They may not be polished like older players, but I see freshmen step quite a bit and hold their own. If we need Clark or Dunson to hold down the 3rd CB spot due to an injury or something, I don’t think everything will collapse. Especially if we can get them on the field in these next couple games in small spots.

And Couch should definitely be ready to go as a 3rd corner, we relied on Blades/Ivey to start all last season as Sophs. Couch might actually be better than Ivey already, could very well push him into the 3rd CB spot and take over a starting role.

So all in all, while it’s bad, we still have 3 starting-capable corners, and 2 freshmen who should be able to step into the 3rd corner spot if needed.
Politely, this is an incredibly stupid argument. The numbers and depth on last year’s team were not acceptable, so being better than last year is not some great feat. That’s not even getting into the fact that Ivey simply is not good enough, we have two true freshmen that are apparently not ready, and lost Bandy who was not a world beater last year, but would have been either the best or second best corner on this year’s team. The room is beyond a mess and truthfully, you almost need to try harder to find yourself in this spot at Miami than having an appropriate room. Last year was not acceptable and this year is worse.

We’ve been hinting around to it but it’s time for our dream to come true. The vaunted 4–7 defense

Miami already has all striker defense. Ivey has a S skill set if that. Same for blades. Blades lacks the long speed, feet and hips to be a true cover corner like Miami needs. CB recruiting philosophy needs to change. Stop bringing S'S that play corner. If anything you want the opposite. Couch is Prolly the only real corner Miami Miami has on its roster. Don't know anything about Clark but for the most part most of these guys are S's pretending to be CB's. Rumph is merely recruiting guys like him since he was one himself. Until he changes his overall approach Miami CB recruiting will be a joke. Nothing new tho.....Shannon had those same dumb approach...... trying to take guys with a S skill set and make them CB's. Guys like Randy Phillips ring a bell.

Advertisement
This is why we shouldn’t spend much time recruiting small towns outside of Florida. It rarely works out.

This also highlights the failures recruiting CB locally.
Looks like it’s not working in Florida either lol

I'm not a Rumph fan, but 400 posts on the 4th CB transferring is the most CIS thing I've seen since the 160 posts about a single emoji.

how is this so hard for some of you to grasp?

as if we had him as the.. 9th corner available?.. oh wait

fck the 4th cb transferring type thinking, how about, "one of our 4 corners just left the team, leaving us with 3"

does that hit home to some of you dodo birds?

Advertisement
Cause he’s be playing behind Ivey still
please GIF

Disappointing.

He was clearly the fourth corner in camp so he has nothing to complain about, but he had a future. CB becomes a huge priority in this class.
Huge priority with no prospects on deck...Yikes....Brown not coming, SEC bound

Advertisement
My rant: lol post #112

Well, looks like we are stuck with what we got. Fvck it, let's roll.
We better find some talent at CB before the opener next year or we will get murdered by Baga.
I don't see it happening unless maybe we fire Rump and bring in the best CB coach in the country. Pretty sure that's not happening either.
May have to roll the portal dice at this spot soon!

Advertisement
Back