Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
Rumph seems like he has that randy Shannon ****** as personality. Like someone mentioned 4 high level transfer portal guys from south Florida and none landed with us where depth has major issues lolol
I don't see that at all. He may need to go, but Rumph has a ton more personality than Shannon. Not saying that transfers to recruiting well or on field success, but Rumph comes off as a 'nice guy' and maybe somewhat of low self-esteem (which is crazy to say about a former 1st round CB) in his interviews whereas. Shannon came off as a stern weirdo.

imagine doing this to your teammates.. in a free year.. still could have transferred after the year put stuff on tape.. really strange
It’s a free year eligibility wise the year doesn’t count. If he plays this year, then transfers, he will need to red shirt next year unless he is a grad transfer(😂😂😂).

Looks like Dunson or Clarke gets a shot. If they can’t cut it, then Bubba or Gil will have to move over to the boundaries. We are really missing Tae right now. Not ideal but he could play CB with his speed if needed. Can Balom play CB? Washington looks slow to play there from the tape I saw.

Whether or not Williams was talented to begin with isn’t really the question; the fact of the matter is Rumph failed to recruit depth and quality depth at that, plus if Ivey is truly the second best option, then he hasn’t made a considerable, positive impact on any of our corners. No defending it at this point if he can’t recruit or teach.

Advertisement
on the plus side, our current and 2021 development players will be ready in two to three years. Could be a conspiracy to get public support to get Jayden “Bi Polar Bear” Fransois...lol

Bro someone please tell me why rumph is on staff. If you say “kEeP tHe sAmE eNerGy fOr oTheR cOacHeS” I’ll donkey punch you
The same reason Patke is. Both do a horrible job a coaching and developing. Zach McCloud has been getting fooled on the same play action counter 5 years straight

Can’t say I blame him

Screenshot_20200915-155406.png

Bethel was brought in because we missed on everyone else. He was never a cb, nothing about him said cb but his speed. Most of the kids in Sfla said he was the toughest cover out of the wr’s, but we brought him in as a very raw cb prospect. Another example of ****** recruiting leading to horrible depth. Now watch him ball out at wr at Colorado.

The odds of bethel being a good forever were slim. But we were desperate.
The way the WRs are developing, we could of used him there.

Advertisement
I think Marcus Clarke will surprise.
Harrell and Balom should get a look as well.
Not saying Clarke or Dunson won't ball at some point (I'm a huge Clarke fan). The point is, we should be in this position. Not at Miami. The fact that a team like Indiana is locating and recruiting better talent from South Florida (Taiwan Mullen) that we are, reflects a real problem that Manny has to address.

We're down to 3 CBs in the 2-deep. The other 2 corners on the roster are true freshman that are nowhere near ready. Year after year we have depth issues at corner. Also, the corners getting thrown to the NFL quickly flame out. Corn's the only one whom had any modicum of success, and a majority of his experience came under Golden's staff.
According to some theories, if the freshmen end up in the nfl in 5 years, that will prove we had nfl talent at cb this year.

I agree it’s poor roster management at that spot..but my post wasn’t refuting those who have that point and have been saying it. It’s the ones who are acting like Williams was a AA being held back behind 8 and 7. Kid was about to rotational for this year without question. But decided to transfer🤷🏾‍♂️..you know how these kids can be bruh. If we had brought in a legit GT this kid probably leaves sooner if anything tbh.
We should always be recruiting to replace guys and upgrade talent. If he left from that, then it is the same end result as now but we aren’t stuck with our pants down and have some depth.

Advertisement
I agree this was a hit to the corner room, but it doesn’t seem as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Our depth is actually better than it was for the entirety of last season.

2019: 1 junior Bandy, 2 sophs Blades/Ivey (with no significant previous playing experience), 2 freshmen Couch/Williams

2020: 2 juniors Blades/Ivey, 1 soph Couch (with no significant previous playing experience), 2 freshmen Dunson/Clark

So versus last season, basically trading out a soph up for a junior. We gotta get past the idea that sophs and freshmen aren’t playable. They may not be polished like older players, but I see freshmen step quite a bit and hold their own. If we need Clark or Dunson to hold down the 3rd CB spot due to an injury or something, I don’t think everything will collapse. Especially if we can get them on the field in these next couple games in small spots.

And Couch should definitely be ready to go as a 3rd corner, we relied on Blades/Ivey to start all last season as Sophs. Couch might actually be better than Ivey already, could very well push him into the 3rd CB spot and take over a starting role.

So all in all, while it’s bad, we still have 3 starting-capable corners, and 2 freshmen who should be able to step into the 3rd corner spot if needed.

Last edited:
I don't see that at all. He may need to go, but Rumph has a ton more personality than Shannon. Not saying that transfers to recruiting well or on field success, but Rumph comes off as a 'nice guy' and maybe somewhat of low self-esteem (which is crazy to say about a former 1st round CB) in his interviews whereas. Shannon came off as a stern weirdo.

lmao nah man, that's not it at all.

It's pretty well known from the high schools around miami about the garbage "higher than thou" personality that rumph has.

You shouldn't even have to hear that to figure it out at this point, and you're talking about a former 1st round pick.

Advertisement
We're going to need him at WR. The Worsham kid isn't playing this year. One big hit and one twisted ankle from all hands on deck from the WR room. If Restrepo does play DB he'll be playing both ways, which isn't going to happen.
A big hit or twisted ankle? We are the wrong person coughing in front someone.

Disappointing.

He was clearly the fourth corner in camp so he has nothing to complain about, but he had a future. CB becomes a huge priority in this class.

There is no way he was actually the “4th” corner

My dead grandmother is better then Ivey

Hopefully this will make the Rumph dyck suckers finally spit his c*m out of their mouths. All it took was 4 yrs of incompetence, and 3 playable CBs on the roster for them to realize he should be fired.

Pathetic. Bum *** Ninja ****. Smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back