Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
Yea let’s keep brining those alum back yea that work out so well. How is it that cb our weakest position lolol laughable. It’s like wr under Coker. Smh

I’m not trying bust your balls bro. This is all my opinion on eye test and me trusting my personal evaluating skills lol I don’t dig into my bag like a @Liberty City El does but I’m not clueless. Maybe I’m harsh in my stance of Ivey but I don’t believe he has the talent to play here at all. Practice be damned.
i wanted him gone after GT

“As a coach, one thing I'm going to always force the issue on is getting guys meaningful reps so they can develop. Then they're engaged in practice and believe in the meetings... For us, it's always been about creating competition, morale, belief, trust.”

This is what you do with the back up guys... just my uninformed 2 cents

If I'm not mistaken, Diaz WAS going to fire Rumph along with the housecleaning on the offense but 1) the mystery dude he was hiring backed out and 2) heavy hitters close to the BOT raised a ruckus (I'm guessing former UM teammates) so Diaz backed down. If true, then I think Diaz has known for awhile that Rumph is a weak link but his hands were tied. Only move he had left was to let Rumph fail big time at all aspects of his job (techniques, recruiting) so he can silence the pro Rumph brigade.
Are you suggesting that Manny is sabotaging Rumph so he can clear the tracks? In a do or die year for him it's just likely to backfire than succeed. I thought Manny was smarter than that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well looks like it’ll be Hall or Frierson to corner. How does The University of Miami have no depth at corner?

This is why we shouldn’t spend much time recruiting small towns outside of Florida. It rarely works out.

This also highlights the failures recruiting CB locally.
We shouldn’t recruit OOS CBs cause Rumph can’t develop or because he can’t close the deal?

Everybody I've spoken to that saw practice (players, coaches, media) along with my own eyes watching Williams get beat repeatedly.

I like him and it's bad that he's leaving. Rumph is staring at a scary situation of his own doing. But 99% of the people complaining about Williams's playing time have never seen him play at the college level.
It seems like you’re putting all the blame on William’s lack of talent as the reason he was the fourth on the depth chart. Maybe its time to question if Rumph has any culpability for William‘s poor development because Ivey clearing hasn’t improve and continues to play poorly in the same coverage under his tutelage. I’ve lost all confidence in Rumph‘s ability to develop players and if a CB plays poorly it‘s could be more than just lack of talent.

Advertisement
Michael Jackson didn't have a problem, even after struggling early in his career.

Williams should not have quit in the middle of the year. I suspect he was homesick.
I agree with you D. There has to be more to this story than playing time.
If Williams just didn't want to be here then ***** him but the razor thin depth is all on Rumph.

Are you suggesting that Manny is sabotaging Rumph so he can clear the tracks? In a do or die year for him there's just likely to backfire than succeed. I thought Manny was smarter than that.

Not at all. I don't think he's sabotaging Rumph. He's just not going to save him from himself this time.

Advertisement
If you dont see the issue with a player leaving at a razor thin position in a year with covid, and one injury away from freshman running 4.9 playing against WR like Tutu, Tamarrion Terry, the goons at Clemson, etc.. yeesh

You're right. Lemme get on board.

"Staff sucks".

There, all fixed.

It seems like you’re putting all the blame on William’s lack of talent as the reason he was the fourth on the depth chart. Maybe its time to question if Rumph has any culpability for William‘s poor development because Ivey clearing hasn’t improve and continues to play poorly in the same coverage under his tutelage. I’ve lost all confidence in Rumph‘s ability to develop players and if a CB plays poorly it‘s could be more than just lack of talent.
Kid was here for 11 months..a lot of y’all are missing the boat on this. At this point Williams was still developing and was a rotational corner at best. The problem has been the attrition. U lose young..bethel..bandy decides to go pro..now u lost Williams to the portal. The blame rumph gets is for not replenishing that room..and unless he does his best coaching job This year all that will fall on his head

Advertisement
I'm not joining the lynch mob sheep mentality, and I'm going to blame the guy I been blaming from day 1.... Manny... You know the Cuban Guy people don't want to blame well because he's Cuban. Just like it was insinuated Black People support Rumph because he's Black, yet 3 of the well respected Black Dudes been said fire Rumph.

Let's stick to the facts... Manny Diaz defensive Philosophy doesn't fit Miami Hurricane or South Florida Football. If you don't believe me show me a CB that was drafted Day 1 under his scheme? He doesn't believe in great CB play. He only cares about DL and Safeties.

Hence, Why we have a CB Coach who I even said shouldn't have been a coach here... Don't even get me started on Baker and Patke. When you want change you go after the root. The root is Manny who didn't give the green light on Jaden Davis and Asante Samuel that day I knew everything I needed to know.

Also, I watched that Texas game that go him fired, and yeah that told me everything as well...

Look up every player coached by him, and show me a day 1 CB and LB. Something that use to be a strength for this program in its heyday.
Aaaaaaand here come the race arguments

Bottom line, freshman have to play, whether they are ready or not

Kinda reminds me of Nick Ward in 1995, where he was thrown in the fire. As @thefranchise said, lets see Rumph if is this great technical coach some say he is
or Tolbert Bain, Darrell Fullington in 1984

This was Rumph's big recruiting "win" last year wasn't it? lmfao.

We only get scraps. Rumph didn't win shlt. Like I suspected, Bama dropped him and he wasn't a take for LSU.

Advertisement
Back