Christian Williams to Portal

I have a strong suspicion that Rumph is gone at the end of this year. If there is a bright side it's that the recruiting class isn't going to be affected by his departure since we don't have a bunch of elite CBs in the class. Who knows, maybe with Rumph gone, top CBs will actually be interested in Miami. God willing, Manny Diaz goes hard after Corey Raymond (who is only making 600k per year as LSU's CB coach and recruiting coordinator)
Corey Raymond isn’t leaving LSU to come to Miami.
Nobody asks why all these coaches never come to Miami. No one ever asks why Coley couldn’t recruit for sht here and gets whoever the fck he wants at uga.
Everyone fails to realize the type of recruits CMR got to UGA but couldn’t land any elite trench bullies or even land the type of qb’s he got at uga.
I would love nothing more than to have Raymond come here. But if you think Miami will sign 2 or 3 top 10 corner backs just cause he comes here your dreaming.
We basically have a who’s who of sofla high school football insiders on our staff and we still couldn’t land Marshall or Brooks and it didn’t have sht to do with Mike Rumph

Advertisement
TIME TO GET CREATIVE BOYS!

Frierson AND Gurvan to corner.

Balom steps in at safety. Smith steps in at striker.

At this point, we have intriguing skill sets, and our young guns are getting groomed ALONGSIDE some OG talent. We gotta start thinking about **** man lol.

Advertisement
Yeah like I said, not sure if he can actually play or not and I'm not one of those dudes who assumes the backup is better just because the starter is bad. The bigger issue is that there's nobody to fill his spot. I guess one of the true freshmen will get #4 CB reps but neither of those guys was expected to play much this year. Maybe moving Frierson back to corner isn't out of the realm of possibilities now?
Nah I wouldn’t move Gil there. I’d Probably Think about moving a vet who knows the system and is smart there if that was the move. Like Bubba or **** even Hall. Tbh I think u just role with the younger guys

Corey Raymond isn’t leaving LSU to come to Miami.
Nobody asks why all these coaches never come to Miami. No one ever asks why Coley couldn’t recruit for sht here and gets whoever the fck he wants at uga.
Everyone fails to realize the type of recruits CMR got to UGA but couldn’t land any elite trench bullies or even land the type of qb’s he got at uga.
I would love nothing more than to have Raymond come here. But if you think Miami will sign 2 or 3 top 10 corner backs just cause he comes here your dreaming.
We basically have a who’s who of sofla high school football insiders on our staff and we still couldn’t land Marshall or Brooks and it didn’t have sht to do with Mike Rumph
So its literally bags?

Advertisement
He doesn’t run a 4.9. Stop it.
That being said there is nothing I have seen from ivy that shows me he is a ACC starting CB. You don’t win big starting kids like Harley and Ivy
Lol.. He does bruh, he ran it twice..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eh, this is kind of a big deal, no? If we're not careful, we're going to end up playing a Safety at CB.
You know what, based on what I'm seeing that might not be a bad idea. Play Cover 2 Man and Cover 2 Zone schemes. We have the athletes to do it, let the DEs pass rush and protect the DBs by the two high safeties. We're going to need a guy like Gil to play some CB for us this year, then bump Keontra to STR and let Huff rotate with him. And man oh man do we miss Avantae like crazy right now....He'd almost assuredly be playing Slot CB/STR/FS/SS and then Couch could really put the heat on Ivey since he wouldn't be needed to play slot.

True freshmans CBs play everywhere. Why can't ours? Isn't Rump's alleged genius in the area of technical work? I keep hearing his valets tell me how he's a scientist out there. Get those 2 freshmans ready, genius.

If they're nowhere near beating out Ivey (which the staff has shown a propensity for sticking with upperclassmen) then I can only imagine what that'd look like. But, given what we have, I agree.

So its literally bags?
Has a lot to do with it. Raymond will definitely get dudes here. But he isn’t gonna be beating out bama, uga LSU or osu for multiple 5 star corners just caise he’s here. CMR had a bunch of nfl players he coached. Came here and all he got was visits.

Advertisement
Back