Christian Williams to Portal

Advertisement
Not sure if Williams could play or not. He's getting the backup quarterback treatment by a lot of guys here but it's depth this team can't afford to lose. Especially with Rumph's struggles in recruiting. If we had a few more live bodies or even some high level incoming kids, I wouldn't really care but this hurts the numbers for sure.
Certainly hurts the depth..but ppl acting like a kid who been in the program 11 months was a AA who we was hiding on the bench. These kids just a diff breed today in CFB

This entire thread is about Rumph and there's a lot of merit there but this specific instance doesn't exactly reflect that well on Manny. It's essentially his defense and it's absolutely on him as head coach to assuage a kid like this at least enough for him to finish out this season and not completely F our depth. It's even more damning that he couldn't do so when this year isn't counting against eligibility.

That said, move a safety of your choice to CB and let Hedley play safety.
Manny has at least a few things you can say positive about him. Rumph really doesn’t have that

Advertisement
The fact y’all blaming a staff for a true soph decision to hit the portal is funny as ****

Not really a factor. It's that we are incredibly thin because of poor recruiting. You might see Ragone playing CB before the end of the season.

Advertisement
We might have to got to all-striker defense soon
ACC89177-C2E7-4713-B0FB-2A8CE5C16095.jpeg

Exactly what we’ve all been waiting for.

Advertisement
The fact y’all blaming a staff for a true soph decision to hit the portal is funny as ****
He’s hitting the portal when it’s literally a free season that won’t count against his eligibility and we have 5 corners left on the roster, 2 of which are true freshman and 1 of those is learning how to play the position. That’s the context and nuance you’re missing here. In a year where we could have half of the unit wiped out by COVID unexpectedly.

Eh, this is kind of a big deal, no? If we're not careful, we're going to end up playing a Safety at CB.

Bottom line, freshman have to play, whether they are ready or not

Kinda reminds me of Nick Ward in 1995, where he was thrown in the fire. As @thefranchise said, lets see if Rumph is this great technical coach some say he is

Last edited:
Advertisement
Michael Jackson didn't have a problem, even after struggling early in his career.

Williams should not have quit in the middle of the year. I suspect he was homesick.
Ole UAB coach probably got in his ear to transfer on home since they ain’t playing you in Miami. Don’t be shocked if that’s where he ends up. Smh

Not really a factor. It's that we are incredibly thin because of poor recruiting. You might see Ragone playing CB before the end of the season.
I get that wholeheartedly. The ones talking about it as a depth concern are 💯. It’s the others who are acting like they know he wasn’t playing because of favoritism or whatever..the same thing they did with Zo

Advertisement
Back