Christian Turner- RB Buford Georgia

JerzCane

Redshirt Freshman
Anyone hear anything about this kid, it says we offered him a while back, and I see Lingard tweeting him that Miami wants/needs him in this class. I love that Lingard is even trying to get other RBs in the class with him. His film is pretty good IMO, he could be a perfect back if we end up taking 3 in this class behind a Curry, Davis , etc . Tenn just offered him few days ago as well as Wisconsin, Mich St, UNC among others. If someone has mentioned him already and I missed it , my apologies .

Christian Turner, Buford, Running Back

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone hear anything about this kid, it says we offered him a while back, and I see Lingard tweeting him that Miami wants/needs him in this class. I love that Lingard is even trying to get other RBs in the class with him. His film is pretty good IMO, he could be a perfect back if we end up taking 3 in this class behind a Curry, Davis , etc . Tenn just offered him few days ago as well as Wisconsin, Mich St, UNC among others. If someone has mentioned him already and I missed it , my apologies .

don't apologize for anything bro

Advertisement
Buford is a football powerhouse in GA and they produce a ton of D1 players. Thomas is probably very familiar with their program and likewise with him.

OT, but I still don't see why we would take 3 RBs unless Burns flames out. Homer, Burns, Lingard and a 4th back would be enough, IMHO. Who knows, maybe Gray stays and we have him as a 5th back option for 2018 if we need him. Use preferred walkons for more depth, and save the scholarship for another DB, WR or DT this cycle.

As fire and noted above Buford churns out d-1 players every year, city school that recruits from counties nearby. Turners numbers would be much greater , but they have another RB that shares carries equally. Both players rank top 25 nationally at their position. Picture him very much in mold of coach Thomas Brown when he was at UGA. Would be excellent to pair with Lingard.

He's had that offer since last year. Kids a beast! I probably could get some "insider" info if my cousin was still dating him. I may try anyway lol...

Advertisement
OT, but I still don't see why we would take 3 RBs unless Burns flames out. Homer, Burns, Lingard and a 4th back would be enough, IMHO. Who knows, maybe Gray stays and we have him as a 5th back option for 2018 if we need him. Use preferred walkons for more depth, and save the scholarship for another DB, WR or DT this cycle.

You always need 5 RB's. Transfers, Injuries , and early NFL departures are rampant at that position. Same with QB.

Last edited:

I want to say that a kid who doesn't want other good backs is a pu$$y and doesn't want to win, but I know how kids are. Great to see him out there talking up the class.

i think brown learned his lesson, focus on instate first . . .

Definitely don't see a need to go out of state for RBs in this cycle. One great prospect already on-board and very good options for a 2nd or 3rd back available in S FL.

Advertisement
Curry wants to bleed orange and green that means he wants to give his blood, sweat and tears to the U. Offer him quickly and he is our big back of the future once he gets more developed in the weight room.

I saw him play in the state championship game. He is a talented back, but not sure we should be pursuing hard this early in the process. We could get a better back out of South Florida.

I say put all the effort into in getting Davis with Curry!

Go Canes

[HUDL]video/3/5301408/5827983011fa7f7f48a14cce[/HUDL]

[HUDL]video/3/4089255/584ed687dfd8b814040d2f2c[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Petey says we want Cam Davis and we are done at RB.

That will give us 5 on the roster for 2018...

Mark Walton
Travis Homer
Robert Burns
Lorenzo Lingard
Cam Davis

If Walton goes pro I think we take a 3rd RB.

Coaches will also try to lock down the top RB in the nation, Nay'quan Wright (Carrol City), for 2019.

love curry's physicality, but as some have said, he won't break all those tackles in college, gimme davis

Advertisement
Back