2024 Chris Wheatley-Humphrey 2024 RB from South Broward and a cup of Tea at Dillard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Anyone watched him in person? His highlights are great but don’t show a lot of plays where he had to break any tackles.

Advertisement
We don't seem to have a lot of traction with the big-name backs in the 2024 class (admittedly I'm basing that off of the 247 rankings).

Is this kid worthy of being the only back if we plan on taking just 1?

Reactions: ben
FWIW, Blu was on Maxed Out tonight and dropped this nugget. He thinks Humphrey could commit early to the Canes, we've been recruiting him longer than everyone else, even when no one knew who he was. Thinks he could have a big year at Dillard this year cause there's no other serious competition in the backfield for significant playing time.

Blu says he's a big time recruit: has speed, elusivity & power.

Edit: added direct link to the interview

Last edited:
Kid looks **** good to me on tape.

I know some question his comp but he'll have a chance to prove it this year. Big speed and cutting ability here...Smooooth

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need an elite, certified, every down horse at RB for the 24 cycle...

I do like this kid though, he'd be perfect as a #2 back but we need to strike gold with an elite back this cycle IMO. Likely the last year for both Chaney/Parrish, we need 2 backs and one of them needs to be a DUDE.

Chris Wheatley-Humphrey interviewed on Croot on the U

Says the Miami offer was the one he was waiting on, @AUcane , he says he has no recent verified 40 times. They didn't follow up and ask what his older times were.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FWIW, Blu was on Maxed Out tonight and dropped this nugget. He thinks Humphrey could commit early to the Canes, we've been recruiting him longer than everyone else, even when no one knew who he was. Thinks he could have a big year at Dillard this year cause there's no other serious competition in the backfield for significant playing time.

Blu says he's a big time recruit: has speed, elusivity & power.

Edit: added direct link to the interview

Interesting at the 33 min mark when he talks about Frost never should have left for Nebraska because "going home never works out" and proceeded to use Randy Shannon as an example but didn't mention Mario's name. lol

Advertisement
We need an elite, certified, every down horse at RB for the 24 cycle...

I do like this kid though, he'd be perfect as a #2 back but we need to strike gold with an elite back this cycle IMO. Likely the last year for both Chaney/Parrish, we need 2 backs and one of them needs to be a DUDE.
Are we in a good position for anyone that fits that ALPHA back criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back